Profile for Emma Louise Burgess > Reviews

Content by Emma Louise Bu...

Emma Louise Burgess (Ibiza)

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking)
The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab books!, 6 Feb 2012
Patrick Ness is an amazing author, and this trilogy really is something to behold. I'll stop myself from re-hashing the story-line, it's a review and suffice to say I love it, I defy you not to!

Vigilante (Jessica Daniel Book 2)
Vigilante (Jessica Daniel Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great books but a hint predictable?, 30 Jan 2012
I have thoroughly enjoyed both the first and second books in the Jessica Daniels series, but perhaps I'm in the wrong profession, I have to say that in both books I guessed who the killer was very early on!

Having said that it will now give me a reason to go on and read book 3, to see if my detective skills work as well a third time round!

Besides the above, I have really started to empathise with the character of Jessica and her work companions, and enjoy the way the books are written. It took me less than 2 days to read the second book, which says something in itself about how readable the books are.

The Road Home
The Road Home
by Rose Tremain

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprisingly good read, 9 Nov 2008
This review is from: The Road Home (Paperback)
Having never read a Rose Tremain book before, I was slightly off put by the title and cover of the book - but as the saying goes, never judge a book by its cover. I was truly caught up in the trials and tribulations of Lev, who struggles, and succeeds in some ways to "make it" in London as a Polish migrant worker. Armed with very few English words - "I am legal", "May I help you", he faces many difficult times before he is helped out by people he meets along the way. A great read with a fantastic cast of characters.

Big Calm
Big Calm
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Words can't describe......, 11 Mar 2001
This review is from: Big Calm (Audio CD)
As some of the other reviewers have said, this album is one that never strays far from my stereo, I sometimes get longings just to hear it! Skye's sexy vocals and some really innovative sounds make this Morcheeba's best- not quite as laid back as the first album and not as poppy as the third, in other words: Perfection!