ARRAY(0xa3948cc0)

Profile for D. Hinton > Reviews

Content by D. Hinton

D. Hinton (Wales England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Complete Guide to Nudism & Naturism
The Complete Guide to Nudism & Naturism
by Liz Egger
Price: 9.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Naturism the facts, 2 Nov 2013
A very comprehensive book all about Naturism, a must read for all who are, or would like to be, a part of this wonderful life style, highly recommended.

My Uncle Silas - The Complete Series [DVD] [2000]
My Uncle Silas - The Complete Series [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Albert Finney
Price: 8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars My incle Silas, 23 Jun 2013
Brilliant series, I only wish they had made more, the rascal Silas, played to perfection by Albert Finney is a joy to behold, have watched it over and over again. ! recommend

Silas Marner: The Weaver of Raveloe [DVD] [1985]
Silas Marner: The Weaver of Raveloe [DVD] [1985]
Dvd ~ Ben Kingsley
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Silas Marner, 23 Jun 2013
I had watched this film when it was first shown on TV and was not disappointed watching it again the acting talents of Ben Kingsley are ledgendary

Wives and Daughters (Repackaged) [DVD]
Wives and Daughters (Repackaged) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Francesca Annis
Price: 3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping story, 3 April 2013
I had never seen Wives and Daughters before buying this DVD, but I'm so glad I did, the acting is wonerful and everyone is cast to perfection, good to waatch over and over again.

Cranford Collection Box Set [DVD]
Cranford Collection Box Set [DVD]
Price: 7.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Cranford, 3 April 2013
Wonderful period drama just right for a cosy winters evening, if you like `Lark rise` you will love this too.

Love Soup - Complete Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Love Soup - Complete Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tamsin Greig
Price: 7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Love soup, 7 Oct 2012
This 2 DVD disc complete collection of the Love Soup series is just a joy to watch excellent cast, and Tamsin Greig excels in her search for love.
There are so many story lines with which you can identify with, I would recommend this series on so many levels, comedy, drama, and true to life in so many ways, this has definitely become a favorite in my stable of DVDs

The Comedy of Errors [DVD] [1978]
The Comedy of Errors [DVD] [1978]
Price: 9.13

4.0 out of 5 stars shakespeare foe all, 27 Aug 2012
Excellent acting by very professional actors, if you like shakespeare, you will really enjoy this DVD the only complaint I have is that there are no subtitles being hard of hearing this is very important to me.

Love in a Cold Climate - The Complete Series [DVD] [1980]
Love in a Cold Climate - The Complete Series [DVD] [1980]
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars subtitles, 12 Aug 2012
This is a lovely period drama to add to any collection well acted by excellent cast but being hard of hearing oh how I miss the facility of subtitles.

Last of the Summer Wine - Series 23 & 24 [DVD]
Last of the Summer Wine - Series 23 & 24 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bill Owen
Price: 8.25

2.0 out of 5 stars BBC lets us down, 18 Jun 2012
i have purchased all of the DVD's from this wonderful series of Last Of The Summer Wine, and was looking forward to the latest offering ie series 23 and 24, however, I was terribly disappointed as I find the quality of these latest DVD's leave a lot to be desired.
The colour is all wrong, to the point I feel like returning the product as `unfit for purpose` surly in this day and age of high technology it is not beyond the whit of man to digitally remaster from the original tapes an acceptable picture quality. I am not sure who is responsible for this debacle, but if the BBC gave them the OK then all I can say is, badly done BBC, badly done.
Any prospective purchasers should be aware of this problem before buying. !
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2013 2:08 PM GMT

The Best of Don McLean
The Best of Don McLean
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Don McLean, 29 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Best of Don McLean (Audio CD)
The songs on this CD bring back memories of my younger days with all the angst of growing up, Don sings them with feeling and although they are old songs they still have that quality to move me. !

Page: 1 | 2 | 3