Profile for lmck > Reviews

Dirty Birds
Dirty Birds
Price: 12.51

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, original and insightful album., 27 Feb 2011
This review is from: Dirty Birds (Audio CD)
I don't really understand why Kat Flint isn't up there trouncing everyone on Jools' show on BBC2 or enlightening us all on the radio, but rest assured one day this will be an album everyone will wish they'd bought when it was first released and you - if you buy it - will get to feel truly superior for having recognised the talent, truthfulness and wit of it at the time. It's a shame that she only seems to play live in London - I never get a chance to catch her live - apparently she is even better live so if you do live in London it's definitely going to be worth it!

Longitude
Longitude
by Dava Sobel

5.0 out of 5 stars there's a lot the average person does not realise...., 12 Mar 2003
This review is from: Longitude (Paperback)
...about how the modern world came to be and how men were persecuted for trying to advance our understanding. Dava Sobel has educated me not just about history (I am essentially ignorant) but also about human nature - how easily we refuse to move forward. I suggest if you read this and feel the same, try reading "Galileo's Daughter" and "To Father".