Profile for N. Kemp > Reviews

Samsung S22D300HY 21.5 inch LED HDMI Monitor
Samsung S22D300HY 21.5 inch LED HDMI Monitor
Offered by Ebuyer UK Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Desperately needs a tilting stand., 15 Dec 2014
Only three stars because it desperately needs a tilting stand. The fixed stand is o.k. if you are short, but for me, I have to prop it up on a book or something to get it to a readable angle. When it is standing normally on its supplied stand, the screen surface is vertical, so you can judge whether you'd need to tilt it or not to be able to view it square on.

It also has very poor vertical and horizontal readability, so if you aren't viewing it dead centrally, the picture fades quickly. Has a lot of adjustments to cope with different PC input resolutions and screen sizes, but they are a bit tricky to set up. Comes configured on maximum brightness, which is far too high in my view.

Once set up, and provided you can get a good viewing angle on it, it is a good, clear monitor.

Toshiba HDTB310EK3AA 1TB 2.5 inch Canvio Basics USB 3.0 External Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money., 15 Dec 2014
Seems o.k. so far. No problems. I only have USB 2, so it isn't lightening fast, but it is a bit of future proofing for when my next laptop or whatever has USB 3.

The Times Cryptic Crossword Book 17
The Times Cryptic Crossword Book 17
by The Times Mind Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cryptic crosswords., 15 Dec 2014
80 Times crosswords with solutions. What's not to like?

TP-Link TL-SG1005D 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch
TP-Link TL-SG1005D 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug in and go., 15 Dec 2014
Installed and working in my network with absolutely no trouble at all. Currently operating at only 100 Mbps because i don't have a Gigabit network, but this is the first stage of future-proofing for my LAN. Been working for several weeks now without a hitch. No configuration needed, just plug it in and use it.

Times Cryptic Crossword 16
Times Cryptic Crossword 16
by The Times Mind Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Best crosswords around?, 15 Dec 2014
80 Times crosswords with solutions for the hard of thinking. I love doing these.

Kuhn Rikon Duromatic Classic Valve Housing
Kuhn Rikon Duromatic Classic Valve Housing

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 15 Dec 2014
This is exactly the replacement part I needed after my original lost its legs and cracked after several years use.

Samsung S2 USB 2.0 1TB Ultraslim Portable Hard Drive - Black
Samsung S2 USB 2.0 1TB Ultraslim Portable Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Oct 2014
Really good quality functional drive. I wish I had bought more when they were available.

Panasonic KX-TG6812EB Twin DECT Cordless Telephone Set
Panasonic KX-TG6812EB Twin DECT Cordless Telephone Set
Offered by liGo

4.0 out of 5 stars ... bought this for a friend because I had been pleased with the same phones for my own use, 16 Oct 2014
I bought this for a friend because I had been pleased with the same phones for my own use. However, this pair seem to suffer from the muffled sound that other people have complained of. I plan to swap with my own phones to see if the sound problem follows the phones or is something to do with line quality.

Memorex R03 x 4 Nimh 1000mah Nickel Metal-Hydride Batteries
Memorex R03 x 4 Nimh 1000mah Nickel Metal-Hydride Batteries
Offered by BeaconShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Seem like excellent batteries, 16 Oct 2014
Seem like excellent batteries, although my charger rejected one of them to start with for being too discharged from new, but a couple of retries in the charger and it charged up like all the others. I use them in a cordless mouse, and they last a week compared to three days for my old batteries.

3 x ECO Energy Saving R7s J118 Halogen tube linear 80w=100w TOP BRAND
3 x ECO Energy Saving R7s J118 Halogen tube linear 80w=100w TOP BRAND
Offered by Strictly Lamps

2.0 out of 5 stars No way these are 80W. I have eqipment that ..., 16 Oct 2014
No way these are 80W. I have eqipment that can measure usage of individual appliances down to about 5% accuracy. Of the three bulbs, two were 160W and one was 100W, even though they are all marked as 80W, so it isn't a case of the wrong bulb being in the right box. As they were so cheap, I didn't bother to contact the supplier. Still looking for a decent low wattage J118 bulb though.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2014 10:32 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10