Profile for CrazyBookworm > Reviews

Content by CrazyBookworm

CrazyBookworm

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Date Shark: 1 (Date Shark Series)
Date Shark: 1 (Date Shark Series)
by DelSheree Gladden
Price: 9.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what a chicklit should be!!!, 29 May 2014
4.5* This book was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review!

I'm really disappointed...

Both in myself and Ms Gladden. I swore that I would never again lock myself away and refuse to speak to anyone just for a book. However, I just couldn't help it!!

This is a really well-written clean romance book with a nice take to dating. Leila is a character that anyone can relate to; she's self-conscious, too modest, and soon decides to go out with the recommended 'date shark' Eli to see why her date life is so bad.

Leila is unlike any client Eli has helped out with, and he is determined to keep in touch, whether that means going against his usual rules. Soon his advice leads Leila to start going out with adventurous and exciting Luke. I'm not going to carry on because I would be here forever... you'll just have to find out yourself :)

A thoroughly heart-warming story with some more of Delsheree awesome characters. Overall it was a fun, light read, unlike anything I have ever read but just what a chick lit should be! The only reason I marked down slightly was due to the several typing errors I found, but not even they ruined the story or took away from the awesomeness that is this book. That was just me being a picky reader :) Happy reading everyone!

Rising (The Rising Series Book 1)
Rising (The Rising Series Book 1)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating twist on many mythical creatures we know, 23 April 2014
Sara has lived her whole life in a wheel chair, hiding her abnormality from sight. Xanthus is a powerful dagonian, convinced he can convince the humans to stop poisoning their seas.

Their relationship is unique and made for an amazing read. The vulnerability in Sara really adds to her relationships with everyone around her.

This book is a really interesting twist on mythical creatures as we normally know them today, such as Gods and mermaids. The way that the dagonains live was so captivating to read as it is so different from what we know today, especially in how the woman are treated. Happy reading everyone :)

Rumors (A Lingering Echoes Prequel)
Rumors (A Lingering Echoes Prequel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic prequel!! :), 21 April 2014
A wonderful insight into Allie's mind before Lingering Echoes. We get to personally find out how she coped with the death of her cousin and how broken she actually became. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this prequel and if I was able to give it more stars, I would!!!! We are introduced to new characters and see the different relationship Allie had with them before the death, and the relationship she has with them after.

Recommended to all fans of Lingering Echoes... and if you have not read that book, READ IT NOW!! GO, go buy it NOW!! Happy reading everyone :) xx

Lingering Echoes
Lingering Echoes
Price: 2.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional rollercoaster recommended to all... :), 21 April 2014
This review is from: Lingering Echoes (Kindle Edition)
Allie is brought back to the one place she never wanted to go on a holiday with family and friends. Hoping that this trip will reunite them again and allow her to face her fears, her dad feels that Allie needs a little push to try and leave behind the guilt of what Allie has blamed herself for over the last year.

There she bumps into Damien, a secretive boy who she finds she can say anything to, thing she hasn't even told her family. That is after her saves her multiple times !! He is dark and mysterious and I want him! His story is gradually revealed to us which only adds to his character. It is an amazing story and I really felt sorry for him. Kudos to Erica though for making both of their voices very distinct from each other though!!

I fell in love with the characters and honestly had to wait near the end of the book till I finally decided which boy wanted her to be with. I love Erica's writing and, while this may be the first of her work that I have read, I can guarantee that it won't be the last of hers I read. The plot unfolded beautifully and I found myself on the edge of my seat quite a few times!! This book is all about growth; character growth. The setting is perfect for the growth of the characters and their bonds with each other. A book I would recommend to all. It was so good I read it within less than two hours!!! Happy reading :) xx

Mark of the Mage (The Scribes of Medeisia Book 1)
Mark of the Mage (The Scribes of Medeisia Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars a captivating plot..., 13 April 2014
A beautifully told story with a captivating plot and some interesting characters. The relationships between these characters are entwined perfectly and the unexpected twists come frequently. The start is intriguing and the end is sweet but the journey between the two makes a great book. I can't wait to read the sequel :) x

The Longest Ride
The Longest Ride
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars this will traumatize you... in a good, must-read way :), 13 April 2014
This review is from: The Longest Ride (Kindle Edition)
A beautiful, captivating story that stole my heart. With alternating chapters that follow Sophia, Luke and Ira. We get to see college student Sophia as she begins to fall in love with bull-riding Luke. We read about their time together and eventually get to hear from Luke; during which we get hinted at a secret so dark he is scared to tell Sophia. After all, what if it destroyed the future they could have together? Then we get to glimpse the life of Ira as he thinks back to all the memories he has of his wife. So sweet but I still kept getting disappointed when Luke and Sophia's chapters ended.

I liked how the two were thrown together and I had no clue how the story was going to end. I was just sitting with my fingers crossed that everything would work out but your going to have to red it for yourself if you want to know whether it did. WARNIING THOUGH: It will break your heart into tiny pieces :) And on that note; Happy reading x

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden - Book 1)
The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden - Book 1)
Price: 0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Amazing book by Julie, 13 April 2014
A great start to the series. I love the world that the author has created and I equally love Alison's fiery attitude and refusal to become another monster (or pawn) in a world of monsters and pawns. We are introduced to some very different characters. First we have Kanin, her sire, the one that created her and taught her to survive this new world. Then we have Zeke and his group who take Allie in unknowing of her being a different species. The writing is captivating, the plot unfolds and is told beautifully and the storyline really is original. I would recommend to anyone. Happy reading guys :) x

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden - Book 2)
The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden - Book 2)
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable sequel just as good as the first book, 13 April 2014
I NEED the third book in the trilogy. Like now!!! How dare the author end it like that! It has taken me a while to calm down and actually think about what to write without turning it into a rant or campaign for the next book or a complete spoiler alert. It is a great book and you can see the characters develop even more. At the end of book number one Allison was leaving Eden to fins her sire. Along the way, she remeets some old characters, gets betrayed, and goes on one hell of a journey. I still love her fiery attitude and her refusal about not becoming a complete monster. This contrasts nicely to the personalities of Jackal and Kanin who I also love just as much :) I don't want to say anymore, you'll just have to read it for yourself x

Inkheart (Inkheart Trilogy)
Inkheart (Inkheart Trilogy)
Price: 2.27

5.0 out of 5 stars An epic classic of a story within a story..., 13 April 2014
This is an amazing book that I would recommend to anyone who enjoyed reading. It had a little bit of everything; magic, adventure, evil villains, books, heroism, suspense, adrenaline and... have I said MAGIC yet?

The book follows little Meggie as she comes to terms with the fact that her father has been kidnapped because of a book he has, and a gift. He can make characters come to life by reading them out of the book (I'd like to stop here and say how cool I thought this was... until I read about the consequences of the gift) Of course, Meggie wasn't going to stand by and let them take her father, and so the story unfolds. I liked that we didn't have one 'bad guy' to focus our attention onto, there were many different sorts of villains, each with different layers and motives that made the story even more entertaining.

Altogether, it was a good read and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the plot unfold, the characters develop and the magic to seep through the pages. As a token for this brilliant review is there any chance that Mo will bring to life a dashing, sweet, funny male character that would be perfect for me, my own prince charming perhaps?? No?? Well it was worth a shot... after all a girl can only dream ;) Happy reading everyone xx

Open Minds (Book One of the Mindjack Trilogy)
Open Minds (Book One of the Mindjack Trilogy)

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok..., 13 April 2014
I found this for free and I enjoyed exploring the new dystopian world that Susan created. The idea of mind control and talking through minds intrigued me and although I enjoyed that aspect, I couldn't feel myself getting involved with the characters. I didn't mind which boy she chose in the love circle and I found myself having to go over in my head some of the secondary characters because I had gotten them confused. The main character was an interesting mind to be in but I didn't agree with some of the choices she made which made it evener harder for me to relate to her. I am glad that I read the book but I don't think I will continue to read the rest of the trilogy. Happy reading :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5