Profile for Nerdy Nannie > Reviews

Content by Nerdy Nannie

Nerdy Nannie "Geek & bottle washer" (Central England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Quick Parchment Cards (Handmade Greetings Card)
Quick Parchment Cards (Handmade Greetings Card)
by Janet Wilson

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy unless you have a parchamore set., 6 Aug 2014
I normally love Janet Wilson books, however this should state on the cover that it is a companion book to the Friskars Shapeboss and Parchamore crafting system, Parchamore has been discontinued and is very hard to find. The book is pretty useless without it. I would not recommend this book at all.

Family Christmas in the 1940s and 50s (Family Scrapbook)
Family Christmas in the 1940s and 50s (Family Scrapbook)
by Faye Gardner
Price: 2.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures, easy for youngsters to read., 11 July 2014
Excellent study aid for classroom or home study & interest projects. I bought this for a young family member, but rather enjoyed browsing myself. Strange to think when you get to my age that this era is now history.

Zentangle 1 Basics, Expanded Workbook Edition
Zentangle 1 Basics, Expanded Workbook Edition
by Suzanne McNeill CZT
Price: 4.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to Zentangle art, 11 July 2014
Great for ideas and to get you started with Zentangle. I started doing a few drawings etc. after reading about this art form on the net. Back in the 1970's we just called this 'doodling' although that term covered all sorts of random drawings. Zentangle is a lot more focused really, although very relaxing and fun. I'm not using the workbook part as I have a small book I'm working in, but I think youngsters would love it. My 6 year old granddaughter has a go and really enjoys it, so it's art for all ages. I'd recommend this book to beginners, and if you just need some good ideas and patterns to get you started. Just take your pen for a walk over the paper - and start from there!

Non Slip Aqua Rug
Non Slip Aqua Rug
Offered by High Street TV
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, safe and secure., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Non Slip Aqua Rug
This mat looks a bit strange when you take it out of the box, & it's not bright white. However, I love it, it makes you feel quite safe in the bath. We have a shower bath so it's used more for standing in, this fits perfectly. It's quite thick and deep and your weight naturally makes it squash down a little and you really feel secure. The suckers on the back stick very well, in fact it's quite hard to lift of the surface of the bath! As others mentioned its great to sort of scrub your feet on (although it's not rough). So far no black gunk on it, but its only been a few weeks. I will update this review in a few months.

Vitrex Mosaic & Glass Tile Nipper VITMGN002
Vitrex Mosaic & Glass Tile Nipper VITMGN002
Offered by 1 Tool Shop
Price: 12.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice strong nippers, 14 Jun 2014
These are strong and sturdy. I bought them for mosaic crafting, but I'm sure they would be fine on denser tiles too. They give a nice clean cut, and are easy to use, having long enough handles for good leverage and pressure.

Shearer Candles Victorian Winter SD0591 100ml Amber Noir Scented Diffuser in Clear Glass Bottle with Reed Sticks, Black
Price: 9.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely for a gift, 14 Jun 2014
I personally love these oil diffusers. It gives a gentle, to overpowering fragrance that lasts for months. I bought this one as a gift for a friend and she loves it. It's really a gift for all ages of homeowner, so always worth keeping one in your prezzie stash for any girlie gift emergency! Mind you I know a few guys who would appreciate it too.

SanDisk SDCZ55-008G-B35R 8 GB Cruzer Facet USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Red
SanDisk SDCZ55-008G-B35R 8 GB Cruzer Facet USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Red
Price: 5.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for narrow slots!, 14 Jun 2014
I purchased this for a Korg keyboard with an awkward narrow recess. It's perfect. Other than that it does exactly what it should, stores data and so forth. I think if I was carrying it outside the house I would need to attach a large key ring to it as it's small enough to hide in my purse. But that's just disorganised me! As my files grow I will buy the same thing again, but in a different colour. Overall very pleased and nothing to find fault with.

Wilton Brands Inc 12-Inch Martha Stewart Scoring Board
Wilton Brands Inc 12-Inch Martha Stewart Scoring Board
Offered by ToysElite
Price: 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb piece of kit, 14 Jun 2014
I always wondered why folks go on about these boards so much! After all, you can fold with a rule and an embossing tool can't you? I also have a trimmer that scores card if required. Well I was wrong! This is so precise and easy, it gives just the right crease, 100% accurate. No trimming of the card afterwards to make the edges true. Some people commented on the poor quality of the bone folder. Well this now has a NEW version, and the tool is robust and looks pretty indestructible to me! I like how the bits all fit into the frame so it can all be kept safely and neat. I have not tried making a box yet, but the instructions look easy to follow. Delivery was within a few days, so mine must have been sent from the UK. I'm very pleased with this and wish I had bought one years ago.

Faber-Castell Black Manga Wallet Set
Faber-Castell Black Manga Wallet Set
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Zentangle art, 14 Jun 2014
I do a lot of Manga & Anime drawing, for which these are excellent pens on the right paper. However I bought this set to keep in my Zentagle kit. The differing nibs, all quite fine, are great for getting that slight variation in line strength. A good addition to any art box, or as a gift for a young artist.

W&N - Ink 14ml White
W&N - Ink 14ml White
Offered by Jackson's Art Supplies
Price: 3.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice rich white., 14 Jun 2014
I purchased this to do parchment craft mapping. It works just as well as the Pergamano ink. In fact I found it slightly smoother to apply. You do have to keep stirring any brand of white ink with a cocktail stick, as the pigment settles. I will certainly continue to use this in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16