Profile for james osborne > Reviews

Content by james osborne

james osborne

10 X CR1620 CR-1620 5009LC, BR1620, ECR1620, KCR1620, DL1620, LM1620 Coin Car...
Offered by Phoenix Power Equipment Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Jun. 2015
Small button sized easily transportable power units. Just the job!

1 x Beko 4830310100 Compatible AP930, AP930S, AP930X Fridge Ice & Water Filter
1 x Beko 4830310100 Compatible AP930, AP930S, AP930X Fridge Ice & Water Filter
Offered by water-filter-cartridges-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Jun. 2015
It fits and it filters water......Fabulous!

Sealey PPX Auto Probe Plus, 6-24 V
Sealey PPX Auto Probe Plus, 6-24 V
Offered by Toolsave

2.0 out of 5 stars Got an annoying feature, 20 April 2015
It'll do the job, but not like my old one! Its got a really annoying feature......when testing for a positive current, instead of giving a continuous single tone noise it makes a pulsing beep which gives you the impression that you have an intermitant positive feed. Most annoying when trying to find a power fault. Would i buy it again? No. Others are better.

Apple 16GB iPod Touch 5th Generation (Launched May 2013)
Apple 16GB iPod Touch 5th Generation (Launched May 2013)
Offered by PERFECT ENTERPRISE DIST

1.0 out of 5 stars Its faulty already and I've only owned it 3 weeks!!!!, 18 Jan. 2014
I purchased one of these to upgrade my daughters Ipod which she uses all the time and to be honest has been bullet proof. My family are all huge devotees of the Apple product/s.
She understands that devices such as this are expensive, easily damaged and should be cherished. It has been used and looked after accordingly.
After just 3 weeks of ownership it refuses to turn on........by all accounts a common problem so I am now lead to believe.
This should be a simple problem to rectify I thought.....contact the supplier of said product...'Gadgets Unlimited' who supplied it through Amazon, they send me a new one...happy Daughter ergo happy Dad!
Not so likely!!!! Having contacted 'Gadgets Unlimited' via email through Amazons own service I have yet to have any response and have been waiting now for 2 days for any sort of reply.
The product itself is fine, and I'm sure will be much more reliable once Apple bring out the 2nd version of the 5th Generation Ipod,
but right now the jury is out for me as my daughter cannot use the one she has, and I cannot get it changed for her as the service from 'Gadgets Unlimited' is somewhat er..........Limited!!

Silverline 868656 Butane Pencil Torch 195mm
Silverline 868656 Butane Pencil Torch 195mm

1.0 out of 5 stars Only buy this if you only need it once!!!, 8 July 2013
It arrived, fab I thought, Filled it with lighter gas as per the instructions. It lit. Did what I needed it to do. Turned it off. Went to use it the following day.......topped it up with gas........it wouldn't light....at all!! Put a blunt object in the base filler hole to discharge any gas that it had within.......and binned it.
I know it was cheap, but hey so are candles!!!!!!

Kentucky Mop Head 450g 16oz
Kentucky Mop Head 450g 16oz
Offered by Discounted Cleaning Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've ever had...., 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Kentucky Mop Head 450g 16oz
It's the best Mop head I think I have ever purchased!!! When it is dry, if you put it on wet stuff the wet stuff disappears!! And if you put it on wet stuff when it is wet, you can get rid of most of the wet stuff!! And if you wring it out to make it nearly dry if will get rid of any of the wet stuff that you didn't get the first time because the mop head was wet!!! Pure Genius!! Can't wait for this one to wear out so I can buy another. :-)

LAND ROVER Freelander - sunroof repair kit / clips / left & right
LAND ROVER Freelander - sunroof repair kit / clips / left & right
Offered by LESSCOST AUTO

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the part but....., 23 Jun. 2013
The part is great, it fits and does the job which it needs to but..........if you are NOT mechanically or technically minded DO NO TRY AND DO THIS AT HOME!!! I have been in and around cars for nearly 30 years and no single job has ever tried my patience like this one. Strip down was relatively simple once photos were taken and I'd worked out how it came apart, but getting it together so it was syncronised with the mechanism on the other side and getting both sides to do exactly the same thing at the same time was a complete nightmare!!! Got there in the end with a lot of removing, stripping, refitting and measuring.
Would i do it again.....honestly.....yes cos I'm tight and its the difference between less than £10 or over £100 for a second hand slider mechanism.

LAND ROVER Freelander - sunroof repair kit / motor gear
LAND ROVER Freelander - sunroof repair kit / motor gear
Offered by LESSCOST AUTO

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved me loads!!!, 23 Jun. 2013
Once you have removed the cover off the motor, fitting is by simple replacement. Drill out the 4 rivets holding the cover on and substitute with bolts and nuts.......job done! And SAVED A FORTUNE without the need to buy a new/second hand motor