Profile for Ethel > Reviews

Content by Ethel

Ethel (England)

OtterBox Commuter Series for LG G4 - Retail Packaging - Periwinkle Purple/Liberty Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection!, 20 Jan. 2016
Excellent. Very high quality, lovely colour and although it is a very snug fit as I'd want, it is easy to remove when necessary. Better than expected.

Box of 6 Mens Extra Large Plain White Striped Handkerchiefs (HH121) By Handkerchief Heaven
Offered by Mikado Group

5.0 out of 5 stars So Glad I Found These, 20 Jan. 2016
Handkerchiefs of this quality and size are very hard to find. Was so pleased I bought another 3 boxes. Even better after washing.

Virgin TV Anywhere
Virgin TV Anywhere

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon App Store Not Just for Kindles., 26 April 2015
This review is from: Virgin TV Anywhere (App)
I had this app on my First Generation Nexus 7 and it worked very well, downloaded from the Google Play store. My Nexus automatically updated to Lollipop and disappeared. Tried to download it from the Play Store but my device is not compatible. After a lot of head scratching and fiddling with different browsers, installing Flash and everything else I could think of I downloaded the Amazon App Store to my device and then downloaded Virgin Tv Anywhere. It works as well as it ever did. What a relief.
Thank you Amazon.

Sony KDL24EX320BU 24-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Edge LED Internet TV with Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 15 Jun. 2011
Beautiful, lightweight, thin tv with an exceptionally clear, rich picture. It really is light enough to move from room to room.
Very easy to set up, connected to my home network very easily and the quality of internet tv is much better than I expected (this will depend on your internet speed).

This is set up in my bedroom and I cannot fault it. It was turning itself off after 30 minutes as it has an energy saving motion sensor. When I'm in bed this is not ideal, but it was easy to turn this feature off.

Nice to be able to record problems directly to an external hard drive (not supplied).

The sound is good, with several options. I have it set to Clear Voice as I find background music in many programmes to be too loud. This setting helps overcome that.

It has the facility to connect to Facebook and Twitter, too. I have done so and it is easy to do, but I don't think I'll be using this function much as I can do that with my phone. It will also connect to Skype if you connect a webcam and mic.

The digital tv picture is superb - a delight. The blacks are very clear - you can see button holes, collars etc on black coats. Many tvs will show this as a solid black blob with no features. No picture lag, and good resolution. Good viewing angle too.
The handset is user friendly, although a bit lightweight for my own preference. Nicely curved and all buttons are easily accessible for one handed use. Batteries included.

A high quality television at an excellent price. Recommended.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2011 12:52 PM GMT

7dayshop Sport V4.0+EDR Bluetooth Wireless Sport Stereo Earbuds Headphones Headset with Mic - Funk Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 15 Jun. 2011
I had been considering buying bluetooth headphones to use with my home pc for some time, simply so I didn't rip the phones off my head when I forgot I was wearing them and moved away from the pc.
As I wear headphones for most of the day I was concerned about battery life but thought these were so cheap they were worth a gamble. I wasn't expecting much.
The headphones arrived promptly and they connected quickly and easily to my phone, laptop and desktop pc. No trouble at all.
The sound quality is much better than expected - equally as good as the wired phones I'd been using, which were three or four times the price of these.

These headphones are incredibly light and comfortable, and feel secure. I don't worry about them dropping off, they don't make my ears sore or hot, even though I wear glasses. The functions are quick to get to used to and the buttons are conveniently placed. The battery life is excellent - they do automatically shut down when no sound has been detected for a while. Quick to reconnect though and quick to charge via usb.

Don't buy these if you want to use them far away from your pc. The range is not great although it is good enough to use in the next room, for me.

I haven't tried the microphone part of the headset, but I never intended to use it. I wanted to be wire free and these cheap headphones have set me free.

Recommended.