Profile for Bo > Reviews

Content by Bo

Bo (Somerset)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock HF3510/01 with Sunrise Simulation - 3 Sounds and Radio Function
Offered by Electric Mania Store
Price: 79.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly buttons never fail to frustrate, 30 Jun 2014
This looks good and works ok to wake me up in the winter, but it's expensive, the radio is useless and I constantly fumble the buttons which are located 'unobtusively' around the rim of the light.

Bravado Black Sabbath - US Tour 78 Women's T-Shirt Black Medium
Bravado Black Sabbath - US Tour 78 Women's T-Shirt Black Medium
Offered by Paradiso Records
Price: 12.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool shirt, good quality material., 7 Jun 2014
I ordered a size up and was glad I did. Nice cut and fit, good quality design on front (not a shiny transfer). Not too short either.

Tracks Journal
Tracks Journal
by Jamie G. Aspin
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice feel, thoughtful sections, a good investment, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Tracks Journal (Spiral-bound)
This is an easy to use tool, and you can fill as much or as little as you want. I found the food tracking and bedtime / wake time sections alone very revealing. Also tracking of how much caffeine I have in the day (too much!). Clever and clearly developed by people who work with really people getting them fit. Good quality paper and nice ring binding makes it feel solid and like it will last the full 12 weeks. Lots of optional sections and useful info.

O'TOM TICK TWISTER (pack of 2)
O'TOM TICK TWISTER (pack of 2)
Offered by Brindle Bear
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes life so much easier, 7 Jun 2014
Having pinned my dog down in the past and staged an intervention with tweezers which left us both traumatised, these work like a dream. Clean, quick and efficient. So many ticks around this summer, but I don't have to resort to nasty toxic insecticide. Useful video on the manufacturer's website showing the correct technique too, though it's pretty intuitive (twist and pull).

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wide mouthed travel bottle, 26 Sep 2013
This is a durable, transportable flask / bottle and I use it for smoothies, or soup or coffee. The colour is 'night sky' and it is somewhat darker than the picture.

2014 Japanese Screen 16-Month Weekly Planner (Compact Engagement Calendar, Diary)
by Peter Pauper Press Inc.
Edition: Calendar
Price: 9.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice size and great feel, 17 Sep 2013
This is solid diary with a clean design and no extraneous information, though there is space at the back for addresses and notes. Makes a nice change from a Moleskine (which I wish they'd make in more colours). Nice, slightly embossed cover with gold highlights. The only reason for not giving 5 stars is that the yellow background is not quite as bright as the picture suggests - more mustard than sunshine yellow.

The Travellers Choice Telescopic Sun Block and Rain Umbrella with Excellent UV Protection
Offered by The Crockery Barn
Price: 22.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and well-made, 31 July 2013
Ok, so I haven't used it yet in the sun (or the rain, for that matter) - which is the only reason for 4 stars at this stage - but it has a nice, solid, grippy handle and a fabric sleeve and seems to be solidly made.

I hope the fashion for sun umbrellas spreads (you can feel a little self-conscious ... although I see a number of Japanese lady tourists working the look with aplomb). And I hope I don't lose it! (it's neat and compact when folded, so handbag sized).

Came well packaged too.

Pricey (compared to a normal umbrella) but looks like a good investment.

UPDATE: I have used this in sun and rain, and loved it both times. Only reason for not upgrading it to 5 stars, is that the velcro tab features the mysarong.co.uk logo, and I would personally rather have it plain.

Just Ride: A Radically Practical Guide to Bikes, Equipment, Health, Safety, and Attitude
by Grant Petersen
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars "Your bike is a toy. Have fun with it", 9 Dec 2012
This is a very motivating book written by someone with years and years of experience of riding and selling bikes. It gets you to stop trying to emulate the racing champions (particularly hard this year in the aftermath of the Olympics, Wiggo, the Tour de France etc) and ride just for the fun of it. It debunks some myths and gives you permission to ditch the kit and the accessories (mostly), spend less, feel freer and do more on your bike. Great tips for getting the whole family cycling without guilt or hang-ups too. Comes with short, easy-to-understand sections about how to choose and maintain your bike. I found it particularly helpful in deciding whether to spend on toe cleats and cycling shoes (which I now won't be doing) but I may well be investing in a cape - however unfashionable that looks!

Rotadex Card File Miniflix Closed includes 150 x A7 Cards and A-Z Index Blue Chill Ref MFLIXCA7-150BE
Offered by Shoplet-UK
Price: 13.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 25 Nov 2012
I found the paper index cards to be poor quality and they didn't easily slot in and out of the box. Also, the dividers have three letters of the alphabet each, which means Adams, Brown and Clark (say) get all mixed up. Design is clunky too. Overall, didn't really score highly on any dimension and not worth the money, in my view. I've replaced mine with a different model.

3m USB 2.0 Printer Cable for HP OfficeJet Series:
3m USB 2.0 Printer Cable for HP OfficeJet Series:
Offered by GFS
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I told me to buy a new printer, now I don't need to, 16 Oct 2012
I have an old printer and bought a new pc. My old cable wouldn't connect the two. Electronics superstore told me to buy a new printer. Now I'm printing just like I did before. Very happy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3