Profile for G. Cutting > Reviews

Content by G. Cutting

G. Cutting (Lancaster England)

Page: 1 | 2
DILL 6 Cells 56WH Replacement for ACER Aspire 4551, 5250, 5251, 5252, 5253, 5333, 5336, 5349, 5350, 5551, 5552, 5560, 5733, 5736, 5741, 5742, 5750, AS5250, AS5253, AS5741 Series, Laptop Battery
Offered by ATekCity

5.0 out of 5 stars DILL 6 Cells 56WH Replacement for ACER Aspire 4551, 5250, 24 Mar. 2012
This battery is a perfect fit in my Aspire 5250. Because it packs more power it is somewhat larger and this is accomplished by having a round protusion along the bottom of the battery length. The latter results in the laptop resting, at the back, along the bottom of it's battery. This is no problem and the viewing angle does not suffer as a result. You just dont end up with a completely flat laptop bottom, however. Still, for me, this is a small price to pay for a six cell battery, which provides 50% more power than the standard one. This has been born out for me by the extended run time of the laptop when on battery power alone. An extra hour and a half or so of run time can be very welcome.

Acer Aspire 5750 15.6 inch Laptop (Intel Core i5-2430M Processor, RAM 8GB, HDD 500GB, DVD-Super Multi DL Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer Aspire 5750 laptop, 1 Mar. 2012
What a brilliant laptop. The Windows Experience Index rates the performance at about the same as my quad core desktop, which I thought was a fast machine. It looks classy, is nice and slim and gives a good battery life. The installation was over and done, including connecting wirelessly, in about ten minutes. For the price this machine takes some beating. The screen quality, in my experience is very good; fair enough you've got to get the screen angle fairly correct but, then again, this seems to be the case for many laptops. Watching a video is a joy. Nice vibrant colours give a rich viewing experience. Like others, I spent a fair while removing loads of software that, frankly, I had no reason to keep, but I played around for a while first. What a pleasant experience to own a laptop that was so easy to get up and running. It boots to desktop as quickly as my main PC. Everything works and works well. The sound quality is mighty impressive, in my view, especially for a laptop. Finally, after a couple of days of playing I've gotten round to making the backup disks. The latter proceeded just fine although I would much prefer having the orinal Windows disks. Still, the software comes preloaded and doesn't cost you extra so I shouldn't mark it down on that account. Yes can't really fault this machine - excellent.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2012 12:10 PM BST

iZKA® - 3 Pin USB 1A Charger UK Wall Plug for MP3 MP4 players, iPod, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, Apple iPad, Tablet, Mobile Phones, PDAs,TomTom, Navman, Garmin, Blackberry, Samsung, Sony, Nokia and digital cameras etc - Black
Offered by AQUARIUS PROTEXION

5.0 out of 5 stars iBox - 3 PIN 1000mAh USB Power Adapter, 1 Mar. 2012
Good speedy delivery. I especially like this Mains USB power charger because it is capable of charging at a higher current than, say, an ordinary USB charger. I use it to charge a couple of battery packs that are rated at around 4Ah. I don't want to overstrain the charger that came with the S2 phone. I'm also impressed because the charger is somewhat intelligent in that it shuts down the charge from time to time so that the battery is trickle charged. A great product in my view.

Lexar 16GB MicroSDHC Class 10 High Speed Memory Card MicroSD with SD Adapter and USB Reader Upto 12MB / s Write and upto 18MB / s Read
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Lexar 16GB MicroSDHC Class 10 High Speed Memory Card., 18 Feb. 2012
I'd just like to add that I've benchmarked the above card and here are the results:

Warning: Only 8498 of 15251 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 10.8 MByte/s
Reading speed: 17.3 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Only about two thirds of the card was tested because it was carrying some data that I'd written to it previously.

A pretty descent result I think?

Samsung 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card Essential Class Card
Samsung 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card Essential Class Card
Offered by HM-Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung MB-MSBGAEU 32GB Class 10 Micro SD Card, 10 Jan. 2012
I also purchased the same [Samsung SDHC class 10] card only in the larger SD size, that is, not in micro/transflash size - B003ZDNLIW. I've found, when benchmarking the cards and timing read and write speeds for the same 1.1 GB of files, that both cards are somewhat slower than the published specifations would suggest. The SD card gave a sustained write speed of 16 MB/sec, whilst the smaller card gave somewhat slower speeds still. I wonder whether we would not have been better off buying a class 10 extreme type card from, say Lexar, eg B003PAON82, instead? I went for Samsung because I have a Samsung phone but, maybe, this is exactly the sort of logic that "they" hope we will follow?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2012 8:25 AM BST

Samsung EFC-1E2NBEC 7 inch Book Cover for Galaxy Tablet - Black
Samsung EFC-1E2NBEC 7 inch Book Cover for Galaxy Tablet - Black
Offered by DIGITAL24 DI DI BARTOLO ANTONIO

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung EFC-1E2NBEC 7 inch Book Cover for Galaxy Tablet - Black, 7 Jan. 2012
Absolutely brilliant! Once you've sorted out the way to put it together [not difficult] you've got yourself a high definition replica of your little 7 inch phone on a great big TV screen - and in high definition, too!

Integral SDHC Class 10 Memory Card 16GB
Integral SDHC Class 10 Memory Card 16GB

4.0 out of 5 stars Integral SDHC Class 10 Memory Card 16GB, 5 Jan. 2012
Delivered quickly. I bought this card as it was a genuine Samsung one and I wanted it for my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone. I think I could have purchased a slightly cheaper one as I was surprised, upon benchmarkning the card, to get only 16MB/sec and not the 20MB/sec as stated on the card. Still it's one fast card.

FLASH SUPERSTORE BLUE IN EAR STEREO HANDFREE HEADSET WITH MICROPHONE SUITABLE FOR SAMSUNG I9100 GALAXY S2
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

2.0 out of 5 stars In ear stereo handsfree headset., 8 Dec. 2011
I was hopefull that the cheap and cheerful headset would be fine, especially as the microphone part worked allright with my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone. However, try as I might I could not get even a peep out of either of the earpieces. I juggled around with the jack plug for a while but then gave up as a I realized I was messing around with the jack plug socket on an expensive phone and, anyway, there was no way I was going to get the sound to come through the ear pieces. Can't really give more than two stars as the product didn't work properly.

EasyAcc 5600mAh External Battery Pack Charger Power Bank with built-in Flashlight for Apple iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS, iPod; Android Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note 2; HTC One, One X, S; LG Optimus G, I9, I7, 4X HD, Nokia Lumia 920, Google Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, Sony Xperia Z; MP3, MP4,GPS, Camera, Game Player and much more [Light and Small, but High capacity!]
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy way to avoid changing your battery, 3 Dec. 2011
I purchased several spare batteries for my phone. The advantage of this pack, however, is that it is an easyish way of topping up your phone battery whilst you're out and about. Get yourself confortable and carry on working or waiting for that call/message whilst the phone battery gets topped up. It can effectively increase youre standby time from hours to days. Obviously, you've got a weight pemalty to consider. A couple of spare batteries are probably a tadd more simple to utilize as well. Having said that, I'd sooner not dismantle my phone to replace a low battery more often than is absolutely necessary! This product is a winner for me.

Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S2 II GT-I9100, Galaxy S2 II I9100, Galaxy S2 II 9100G, EB-F1A2GBU
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Time has modified my inital review., 23 Nov. 2011
Initially I was a little disappointed with this battery and found that the original Samsung battery lasted longer. However, now, having conditioned the battery and fully discharged it a few times followed by a few good long charges I have to say that I was wrong. Now I would agree with other reviewers who rate this battery highly. I'm getting slightly more life out of a full charge than I'd get with the original.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2013 3:14 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2