Profile for Isetta Windsor > Reviews

Isetta Windsor (Windsor)

The Rules: The Way of the Cycling Disciple
The Rules: The Way of the Cycling Disciple
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Rule #1 Kindle books should be compatible with Kindles, 27 May 2014
A good book, works fine on my iPad but NOT my Kindle. Apparently this Kindle book, bought from the Amazon Kindle store isn't compatible with my Kindle. What's that all about then?

Billingham SP40 Leather Shoulder Pad - Black
Billingham SP40 Leather Shoulder Pad - Black
Price: 27.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive? But beautifully made, 13 July 2012
Wanted a shoulder pad for my Billingham camera bag (which can get a bit uncomfortable with the full kit)- saw this & thought "why not?". A "perhaps not" moment came when I saw the price, but then who wants to spoil an old school Billingham bag with a nylon shoulder pad designed for a laptop bag? This one's made from beautiful saddle leather, with big pop studs (so you can put it over the Billingham's non removable strap). All nice natural style materials, but with more hi-tech gel type pad to sit on your shoulder. The pad's segmented - so fits nicely & doesn't slip around. Spent the best part of 4 hours queuing yesterday to get my London 2012 accreditation - with my camera kit over my shoulder in the bag. The result? Eventually got my pass & my shoulder was fine. So there were a few issues, but now it's all good.

Panasonic SC-HC05EB-W 40W iPod Dock - White
Panasonic SC-HC05EB-W 40W iPod Dock - White
Offered by Talbot Media
Price: 129.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be deceived by the modest appearance...., 23 Dec 2011
...it's a beast. Panasonic have a gem here & they're underselling it.

This is a really well built unit, solid with a really powerful sound. I was surprised as it looks a lot like some of Panasonic's other units with DAB radio & CD player built in - which have more modest output. By dispensing with the radio & CD player they've squeezed in a couple of really good speakers.

If your iPod/iPhone's got Bluetooth it's really easy to pair the units & save having to physically connection. So you can sit on one side of the room using the iPod like a remote control. Works fine with my iPod Touch.

My daughter uses this with her iPod Nano (5th gen) by opening the little cover in the centre of the unit & making a physical connection. When docked the iPod charges. She's also got her computer plugged in using a line input - so it doubles as a really good pair of PC speakers. It's possible to play some PC content w/o a physical connection using Bluetooth - but we don't bother as we've got the physical connection anyway.

The only quibble is there's no written display to see what input you've selected - other than a sequence of coloured lights. After a while you remember whether they mean iPod, PC or whatever.

Highly recommended audio unit for a smaller room, I'm thinking of an excuse to buy another one for the kitchen.

Time Tutelary Automatic Watch Winder - Black
Time Tutelary Automatic Watch Winder - Black
Offered by Designhuette GmbH
Price: 24.10

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit big for the bedside cabinet!, 25 Dec 2010
Seems to do the job fine, quiet & easy to use - but about twice the size it looks on Amazon. Had hoped to keep it on the bedside cabinet - but there wouldn't be room for anything else! Check the dimensions before you buy.

Sandisk MobileMate SD Card Reader - Retail Pack
Sandisk MobileMate SD Card Reader - Retail Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine for me on Vista & Windows PCs, 14 Jan 2009
Despite some negative reviews I thought I'd give it a go, as it looked exactly like the small SDHC & Micro SD card reader I was after. The unit looks a bit like a cigarette lighter & has a removable cap over the USB connector. The cap has a loop for connection to a lanyard, shame one wasn't supplied. The other end has a blue LED, which glows reassuringly when the reader's inserted into the PC. The full size SD card goes in "upside down", or at least the other way up the text on the reader - which is odd. But it's no problem to remember this after one use. So far, it's worked fine on both my XP laptop & Vista desktop. Have had no issues with driver problems - or anything else mentioned in the other reviews.

Logitech V200 Wireless Laptop Mouse
Logitech V200 Wireless Laptop Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars There's only one mouse in my house, 3 May 2006
I've tried a variety of mice (?) over the years, but not really got on with them. Using wired mouse on a laptop just seemed wrong. I tried a low cost wireless mouse, but it was jittery & lacked control - putting me off them, until I got one of these. It worked straight out of the packaging (my only quibble, it was a pain to open), my PC recognised the mini USB transmitter immediately. Control & action is perfect, arguable better than my old wired mouse. Don't bother with the software that comes on the accompanying CD - it makes no odds to the mouse's performance (unless you want to reconfigure buttons). I particularly like it because I use a mouse with my left hand & this one is nicely ambidextrous.

Excellent.

A Factory Video [VHS]
A Factory Video [VHS]
VHS

3.0 out of 5 stars That's New Blooping Order, 11 Jan 2005
This review is from: A Factory Video [VHS] (VHS Tape)
The other reviewer is right to say that this tape is for Factory heads only. I'm one such person, & I've just watched the tape for the 1st time in 15 years. It was hard work - but it's one of the few visual records of this era. It's really not that bad when you consider what video technology, & most videos for that matter, where like in the early 80s.
The funny bloopy music at the end is none other then New Order & the track "Video 586" -a kind of prototype "Blue Monday".