Profile for James > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Zeller 17713 Newspaper Stand Mesh 34 x 18 x 35 cm
Zeller 17713 Newspaper Stand Mesh 34 x 18 x 35 cm

2.0 out of 5 stars An unlucky one, perhaps, 15 Dec 2013
Looked good on arrival. Unfortunately the legs at one end collapsed and snapped off as soon as I used the product to hold newspapers. No use at all, and a shame. Given the seven impeccable reviews of this item, perhaps I got unlucky and had one that wasn't joined properly.

On the plus side, Amazon's returns policy seems reliable as ever.

Lighthouse "PRESSO" Olympic 50p Sports Coin Album/Folder now with 30th space for the Completer Medallion
Offered by Strictly Coins

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints here, 13 April 2013
This seemed the best of the items available for the Olympic coins. I'm not disappointed at all with the quality and would buy this brand again.

If You Leave
If You Leave

5.0 out of 5 stars A promising debut, 13 April 2013
This review is from: If You Leave (Audio CD)
I'd been looking forward to Elena Tonra's first full-length outing ever since I bought a couple of the early EPs and caught a magical gig in St Giles in the Fields church in London. The results of the last couple of years' recording are well worth a listen.

Belkin PU Leather Folio with Snap Closure for iPhone 5 - Red
Belkin PU Leather Folio with Snap Closure for iPhone 5 - Red
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in the price bracket, 13 April 2013
I wanted a leather (or leather effect) iPhone 5 case which allowed easy access to the phone and to its camera. This does everything I need and has the bonus of a flap so the camera lens isn't constantly exposed (as with most other cases). The price point and quality are both great - and indeed we've now bought two of these (for separate phones, I hasten to add).

AVAX 50DL - Finger Pulse Oximeter - %SpO2 (Blood Oxygen Saturation) & Heart Rate Monitor with Instructions, Lanyard & Carry Case (in RETAIL PACKAGING) - BLUE
Offered by WowBox UK (EU-wide shipping)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 29 Nov 2012
I bought one of these to keep an eye on my heart rate and blood oxygen levels, and have no complaints at all: it worked out of the box and hasn't let me done in the first year or so of use. I paid around £21 for mine, which I considered excellent value (not sure if it was a different Amazon seller or a promotion). Even at £30, though, I'd think this is worth a look.

TeckNet® iEP190 Apple iPod Mobile External Battery Pack For All iPhone/iPods
TeckNet® iEP190 Apple iPod Mobile External Battery Pack For All iPhone/iPods
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugely convenient, 29 Nov 2012
Ever been stuck on a long train journey with your iPod battery dwindling as you make the most of the wifi? Ever been lucky enough to sit in a carriage with power sockets, only to realise that you've drawn the short straw and for some reason nothing works? Well, this is the solution. I've used mine a few times now, with a 3rd Gen iPod Touch, and it works well. Looks pretty good, charges properly, and manages to convey that charge to the iPod without complication. Beware: it's bulky enough to obstruct the headphone socket, so you might want to consider a male to female adaptor to go with it (and if so, you should probably check that the adaptor will carry the charge). Nonetheless, the product exceeded my expectations - well worth a look.

Kolay® Touch Lcd 6 Pack Screen Protector & Cleaning Cloth Kit For New Apple Ipod Touch 4 4Th Generation - 8Gb 32Gb 64Gb
Offered by Skque

2.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced, 29 Nov 2012
These are certainly great value for money, but after burning through two or three of them I wasn't convinced at all. They didn't apply particularly happily (and yes - I am careful enough to have a reasonable track record in avoiding the dreaded bubbles), and at least one just didn't stick properly. If you're willing to pay a little more, I think there are better products out there.

The Wavewatcher's Companion
The Wavewatcher's Companion
by Gavin Pretor-Pinney

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 29 Nov 2012
I'm not sure I enjoyed this quite as much as the author's previous success, The Cloudspotter's Guide. Don't let that put you off, though: I REALLY enjoyed that one. This is another interesting jaunt through a wider field of interest, and on more than one occasion it left me reappraising how I thought the world worked.

The Story of English in 100 Words
The Story of English in 100 Words
by David Crystal

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun - and thought-provoking - read, 29 Nov 2012
David Crystal is consistently engaging and fascinating. This book doesn't break that mould, but what it offers in addition is a format that makes it easy to dip in and out when time is short. Great for changing trains and buses on my commute, which is always a bonus! While the format is light, the content isn't fluff - I repeatedly found myself spiralling through Wikipedia and other websites chasing ideas that the book had brought to mind. A great gift for anyone with an interest in our language.

Western Provence/3 (Landscapes)
Western Provence/3 (Landscapes)
by John Underwood and Pat Underwood

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting guides - but bring your own map or satnav, 29 Nov 2012
We really enjoyed these guidebooks on a recent trip to the south of France. They were a refreshing change from the Rough Guides and Lonely Planets of this world, offering a good balance between manageable content (and excursions) and going beyond the obvious attractions. As others have said, it wouldn't be wise to rely on the maps in these books, but provided you have something else with you (be it a proper map or decent satnav) you'll enjoy following some quirky routes around the French countryside.

Page: 1 | 2