Profile for Berty > Reviews

Content by Berty

Berty "Sunny Cambridge" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Longbourn
Longbourn

4.0 out of 5 stars a jolly good read, 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Longbourn (Kindle Edition)
Not quite Miss Austen but I can think of worse ways to spend a few hours than snuggled by the fireside on a chilly autumn days reading about the Bennett household from a different and imaginative perspective.

Fly London Women's Trim Thong Sandals P500453003 Black 5 UK, 38 EU
Fly London Women's Trim Thong Sandals P500453003 Black 5 UK, 38 EU
Price: Click here to see our price

1.0 out of 5 stars They broke, 11 Aug. 2014
Would have been great but this is my THIRD pair of Fly thong style sandals that have broken within a month of purchase. Admittedly I wear them constantly but the stitching shouldn't be so flimsy that the thong comes away from the strap so quickly. Very disappointed with the quality otherwise they would have had five stars.

The Grand Budapest Hotel [DVD]
The Grand Budapest Hotel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ralph Fiennes

5.0 out of 5 stars Bonkers, beautiful and brilliant, 11 Aug. 2014
I suspect this is a Marmite film - love it or loathe it - personally it ticked every entertainment box for me from the fabulous cinematography through the outrageously camp and perfectly executed performance by Ralph Fiennes. I have already watched it twice, giggled at different things each time as I saw different details - indeed even the staging is so exquisite that even the keenest eye would struggle to pick up on every detail just in one sitting.

The plot isn't rocket science, it's a mad cap romp through several improbably events - slightly slap stick, slightly tongue in cheek and all shot beautifully with a style, elegance and subtlety rarely seen in the Hollywood blockbuster genre.

In summary, if you are looking for something a little bit different that will suspend your belief whist captivating your visual senses, make you laugh (at times) and keep you enthralled with a madcap quirky plot then you won't be let down.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars heartbreaking, 22 Feb. 2014
But worth every tear. Witty, warm, dry, absorbing. I shall certainly be reading more from John Green but now I need to go and find another tissue.

BlackBerry Flip Case for Q5 - White
BlackBerry Flip Case for Q5 - White
Offered by B2B TRADING

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not great, 17 Jan. 2014
Perhaps I got a slightly faulty case but no matter what I do my phone won't comfortably sit in it - also the catch doesn't properly do up. I guess I should have returned it but it just seemed to much hassle, also it does protect the screen adequately which is what I needed it to do.

New Girl - Season 1 [DVD]
New Girl - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zooey Deschanel

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs Up, 10 May 2013
This review is from: New Girl - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I did watch the series when it aired on tv, but by the time I watched the DVD I'd forgotten a few of the stories so it was great to see them again. This is witty and charming - and although I can see similarities with Friends, I think it has enough unique qualities to remain original in its themes and humour. Have just started watching the second series on tv and it doesn't match up to this one at all - so I shall treasure this DVD and enjoy watching it on rainy Sunday afternoons!

Brooks Women's Glycerin10 W Pink/Black/Silver Trainer 1201121B761 6 UK, 8 US
Brooks Women's Glycerin10 W Pink/Black/Silver Trainer 1201121B761 6 UK, 8 US

5.0 out of 5 stars They got me through the London Marathon!, 10 May 2013
I've been training all year to take part in the Marathon but about a month before the big day the sole of my right foot began aching each time I did a longer run. I bought the Glycerin 10 as having read all the product details it seemed that it would offer more support than my previous trainers (Brooks Ghost). They were right - despite not having long to run them in, they instantly felt comfortable and gave a great but lightweight level of support. Interestingly a long term knee pain which I've had all year hasn't bothered me once since I switched to these. The Marathon went well with only two blisters at the end - no foot or knee pain - so that's an excellent outcome.

Seatone Super Strength Green Lipped Mussel Extract - Helps Maintain Joint Mobility (90 x 350mg Caps)

5.0 out of 5 stars Woof!, 10 May 2013
I bought this for my dog (8 year old Tibetan Terrier) who seemed fine during the day but tended to limp a little in the evenings - one of my veterinary friends recommended it. One tablet a day for about 3 weeks did the trick, he's as good as new!! Possibly coincidence but I'm inclined to think that the capsules helped.

Philips Sonicare HX5350/02 CleanCare Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX5350/02 CleanCare Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars A revolution!, 10 May 2013
I have always used the Oral B toothbrushes which, to be fair, I've been pleased with. When the last one died (I had had it a while so that's not a negative comment about Oral B) I decided to have a look around and read some reviews about different products. The features that drew me to this particular toothbrush was (a) that it didn't have lots of confusing (and usually redundant) settings (b) long battery life and (c) users reported excellent results particularly with gum health.

All aspects have lived up to their promise. The toothbrush is a bit different to the ones I've used in the past but didn't take too long to get used to - and each time you use it (for the first 12 times I think) the intensity increases allowing you time to adjust.

The two minute clean time is great - and of course you can click the start button again if you want a longer clean time, but two minutes usually suffices. And the quality of the clean is superb, my mouth feels properly cared for and my gum health is excellent. I'm looking forward to hearing my dentist's comments at my next check up.

Recommended!

The Hundred Decker Bus
The Hundred Decker Bus
by Mike Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Illustrations, 10 May 2013
This review is from: The Hundred Decker Bus (Paperback)
A truly lovely colourful and fun read - witty and imaginative to the last page. There is so much to look out with each illustration having a 101 characters and little details. I bought the book for my little nephew who is bonkers about buses so he will adore this - and be over the moon with the pull out page!! My only comment is that the pull out page is perforated, so I'm not too sure how long it will stay attached to the book - but perhaps that's the point. Overall a beautiful and original book and highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2