Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2
Hero Story Collection (DC Super Friends) (Step Into Reading)
Hero Story Collection (DC Super Friends) (Step Into Reading)
by Various

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for boys, 5 Jun. 2016
My 5 year old daughter loves this. The characters, the adventure and the silliness of it all really capture her imagination and ties in with the current obsession with super heroes.

Melissa & Doug Fire Chief Role Play Set
Melissa & Doug Fire Chief Role Play Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Dec. 2015
My 3 year old nephew loved this, he didn't want to take it off nor stop playing to eat his Christmas dinner. The costume is well made; it took a lot of punishment on its first day with being taken on and off, left on the floor and being worn while the kids ran and tumbled around. My nephew is tall and stocky yet the costume has plenty of room to grow. In fact, I think it would even fit my 5 year old with some room to spare. Great product.

49cm Truck Carry Case
49cm Truck Carry Case
Offered by JS DEALS LIMITED

2.0 out of 5 stars Not well packaged., 27 Dec. 2015
This review is from: 49cm Truck Carry Case (Toy)
I bought this 3 months ago as a Christmas gift for my nephew but didn't think to take it out and check it before giving it to him. When it was opened, we discovered that the rear wheels had snapped off but, due to the time lapsed since purchase, I am out of time to return it. My nephew loves all the cars and doesn't seem bothered about the wheels but I was disappointed to see how badly packaged the toy is and how easily it would break in transit. I wouldn't buy this again.

Kerbl Cat Tree Safari, 38 x 38 x 60 cm, Dark Brown
Kerbl Cat Tree Safari, 38 x 38 x 60 cm, Dark Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely product, not suitable for large cats, 22 Dec. 2014
This is undoubtedly an excellent product but if, like me, you're not very good at visualising dimensions then you might think it's bigger than it is.

The packaging is excellent, it's so easy to assemble and my little cat loved it; within minutes of assembly he bounced right up. However, my big cat (over 5kg) jumped up and the whole thing toppled over so, regretfully, I immediately disassembled it and had to return it.

Gray Mountain
Gray Mountain

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's the rest?, 7 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Gray Mountain (Kindle Edition)
I love John Grisham and I loved this book up until the point where the pace started to slow and it felt like I was just waiting for something to escalate which it never did because the book ends before the drama begins. This is an excellent set up for some beautifully created characters but that is all. I hope it is a set up for a phenomenal follow up because otherwise this book was pointless and it would have been better to read Sycamore Row again instead (brilliant by the way).

White House Down [DVD] [2013]
White House Down [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Channing Tatum

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy goodness, 15 Dec. 2013
As long as you don't take this film too seriously, you will love it! It's like a mix of Independence Day and Die Hard in that there are A LOT of explosions, some crazy stunts, unlikely buddies and cheesy jokes. It's nothing new and noone is going to win any Oscars for acting or scriptwriting but it is just plain fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Consequential Moments
Consequential Moments

4.0 out of 5 stars Diverse and superb collection, 30 Jan. 2012
This is a spectacular collection of stories by a remarkably skilled writer. Her stories have wonderful characterisation, plot and pace for such short pieces. She has a very down to Earth, comfortable style which easily encompasses the reader and instantly puts us where she wants us. I look forward to the next 4 volumes with excitement!

Sarah Millican Chatterbox (Live) [DVD] [2011]
Sarah Millican Chatterbox (Live) [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Sarah Millican
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Champion, 23 Jan. 2012
Sarah Millican is not just the funniest female comic around, she's right up there with the funniest of the funny comedians working today. She can certainly give Jimmy Carr, Billy Connelly etc. a run for their money. My husband and I were howling with laughter while watching this and I mean proper, full on, laugh until you cry and can't breath properly kind of laughing. Some female comics can come across as 'feminist' or a bit mean spirited but Sarah Millican is just so honest and down to Earth, she makes you feel like you're laughing with a mate rather than at a performer and she doesn't have to resort to being cruel to do it. I can watch this DVD again and again and still laugh out loud! I even had a genuine moment of crisis when I realised the day she's performing in my town is the day of a friend's wedding and I had a moment where I wondered if I could skip the wedding - that's how brilliant she is!

Harry Charters Chronicles
Harry Charters Chronicles

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Charters - you wouldn't like him when he's angry ...., 26 Dec. 2011
Not only has Graham Smith written another fist pounding, heart thumping collection of gloriously dark and twisted stories, he has also introduced us to the crime solving detective who will reinvigorate the genre. Harry's is the only type of justice on offer and it is meted out in spades, his actions will shock you before you find yourself nodding in agreement and rooting for him anyway. Each story is compelling, brilliantly paced and perfectly told so as to shock the reader over and over. My personal favourite is The Smell of Perfume, a violent, gut wrenching ride that will make you gasp in disbelief as you are dragged kicking and screaming towards an end that actually makes you want to shout out loud. I am such a huge fan of Graham Smith; he is incredibly skilled in the way he hooks his audience from the first line and can make you feel such a range of conflicting emotions in so short a space of time. I do hope a full length Harry novel is on the cards ... though I'm not 100% sure my nerves can take it ;0)

11 The Hard Way
11 The Hard Way

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting stuff, 22 Nov. 2011
This review is from: 11 The Hard Way (Kindle Edition)
I found this compilation of short stories to be an absolute treasure trove of chills and thrills. Had I not known otherwise, I would not have picked this as a 'debut' novel as the writer has an experienced way of grabbing the reader's attention from the start and engulfing them in a world full of unexpected twists and shocks. The attention to detail grounds each story in reality giving the sense that it could really happen and it could happen to you. I can honestly say that some of these stories are not just my favourites from the book but favourites from all the short stories I've read in my life. I look forward to whatever comes next.

Page: 1 | 2