Profile for harvestmoon > Reviews

Will They Meet?
Will They Meet?
by Alexa Dixon

5.0 out of 5 stars Has potential for another, 20 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Will They Meet? (Paperback)
This is Alexa's first book and shows a great knowledge of the history and geography of Cornwall where I live. The tale is a romance between two people who pass like ships in the night and their eventual fated meeting. It starts with a tarot reading and Cornish's laughter and disbelief at what she is told. the story follows a trail through the countryside of Cornwall and the coincidences that she and her paramour find.

A good first novel and I wouldn't mind reading more about the story behind the life of the heroine. Well done Alexa but you need to have a word with your editor, I think they may have missed a few typo's.

Blood of my Blood (Vampire of Venice Book 2)
Blood of my Blood (Vampire of Venice Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars LIght and easy read, 28 May 2013
Nice easy read. Very descriptive, good character development although very similar to other books on the market. highly recommended for a beach read.

Andrew James Precision Oven Thermometer With Large Display, Suitable for Hanging Or Standing On Oven Shelves
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and works well, 16 May 2013
It was the perfect thermometer for me. I tried it and found it incredibly accurate. I have had dearer ones before that didn't give me the accurate reading that this one did. Well priced and delivered very quickly.

Diary of a Resurrection (A Novella)
Diary of a Resurrection (A Novella)

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart stoppingly beautiful, 9 May 2013
I have been waiting for another book from Amanda since her wonderful YA paranormal book The Dark Side of Night. Although this book is of a different genre it nevertheless shows what a great imaginative writer Amanda is and how she is able to write for many genres.

The story spoke straight to my heart and will make many people look back at their own 'first loves'. I empathised immediately with Mina and understood the pangs of passion as the story swept along. I read this in one sitting as I couldn't put it down because I really wanted to know how Mina eventually manages to start living a life again and I wasn't disappointed.

I understand that the author is also about to release a another book aimed at a younger audience and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Well done Amanda, hope for more books soon. I'll be waiting.

Red Falcon's District
Red Falcon's District

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely brill.. highly recommended, 10 April 2013
I can't believe that no one else has rated this book. It was one of those hidden gems that very nearly escaped me. totally different kind of story, well written and thought out. For once I didn't guess the twist in the tail until a fair way into the book. I truly hope this author writes more because I will certainly wouldn't hesitate to get another.

1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off: Fixed Format Layout
1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off: Fixed Format Layout

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Conversation starter, 24 Mar. 2013
Absolutely loved this book. All the laughs and useless pieces of information that the series is well known for. Had a couple of hours of hilarity as I began to read these snippets aloud to some friends. Definitely would recommend this to anyone who likes useless pieces of information.

The Spice of Death
The Spice of Death

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for all women, 15 Mar. 2013
What can I say... This book hit me on many levels. I cried, I rejoiced and most of all I learned. I have always understood the warrior element within a woman's psyche and never before have I read a tale that described just how important this element is within each of us. I don't want to spoil this for anyone who wishes to read this story for themselves but feel that it is an important learning tool for those women that feel dis-empowered or suffer in this male dominated world. I am, in no way, a raging feminist or an advocate for violence but as a mother,sister, cousin and friend to many it made me realise just how important these ties are and just how far we are willing to go to protect those we love and how, as a family, we can depend on each other. An incredibly well written,uplifting book and a must read. I hope this book is only the first of many from Nancy and will certainly be on the lookout for more.....The Spice of Death

Born of Hatred (Hellequin Chronicles Book 2)
Born of Hatred (Hellequin Chronicles Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money and worth the read., 19 Feb. 2013
I finished this book at 1.30am after trying (unsuccessfully I might add) to put it down and get some sleep. Wonderful character portrayals and interesting plot development. No spoilers here folks but this book is well worth a read and although not a new idea, well thought out and very well written. I definitely will be awaiting the next book as I really want to see where this is going. Go on take the chance you won't be disappointed. Born of Hatred: 2 (Hellequin Chronicles)

The Dark Side of Night: Volume 1
The Dark Side of Night: Volume 1
by Amanda Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read and definite keeper in hard copy, 12 Dec. 2012
Having recently read this on my kindle, I had to get the paperback to put on my shelf as keeper. There are very few titles that I have felt the need to add in hard copy to my overstuffed bookshelves, but this is one of the few exceptions.

The story is fast paced and is a definite page turner, suffice to say that it will be re-read again and again.

The characters are well developed and you can't help liking them and wanting to know what happens next. Amanda has cleverly left many questions hanging and I can't wait to see the developments she makes so, come on Amanda I really want the next book in the series which I understand is due out early 2013.

I really recommend this to young adults and the not so young and encourage you to buy it, you won't be disappointed.The Dark Side of Night

Supernatural Devices (A Steampunk Scarlett Novel: Book 1)
Supernatural Devices (A Steampunk Scarlett Novel: Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars The games afoot...., 28 Sept. 2012
I definitaley wasn't disappointed by this steampunk novel..Not my usual genre but once I read the review I thought I would give it a go and found myself reading it in one sitting. It contains a kickass heroine in Scarlett and some very delectable romantic interests. I will definitaley buy the next in the series and recommend it to anyone looking for something different. Well worth the money and this author shows a keen knowledge of his genre and a good writing style.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7