Profile for G. Jones > Reviews

G. Jones (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality., 4 Jan. 2015
Nice quality. Bought to replace first one which I left on train. Space for oyster and gold card inside and the outside is perfect for rail tickets. The plastic sleeves are excellent quality unlike in the plastic oyster wallets you get at station and if I don't lose it I sense it will last a while.

Contigo West Loop Autoseal Travel Mug - 470 ml - Polar White
Contigo West Loop Autoseal Travel Mug - 470 ml - Polar White

4.0 out of 5 stars Style, function, caffeine., 4 Jan. 2015
Perfect, keeps my coffee hot for well over an hour and by hot I mean as hot as when it went into the mug! It's almost impossible to accidentally spill the contents inside a bag and I've never done it. I mostly tend to leave it in a side pocket for easy access anyway but I have left it inside and retrieved it from an upside down position without incident. You can drink perfectly well through the button release spout system, my partner has the same mug and dies however I have a long journey and as a risk taker who likes to gulp I take the lid off. This does lead to my one minor gripe with the mug, lid gunk. I take the lid off to drink so less coffee goes into the lid, my partner does not and I find that if not rinsed soon after used the inner lid can get a bit gunked up. This can be cleaned with pipe cleaners and to some extent by filling with water and shaking very vigorously but it's still imperfect. Anyway it's minor and overall a great mug and it looks great in white, so much nicer than the blue one my partner has.

Guardians of the Galaxy [Blu-ray]
Guardians of the Galaxy [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Chris Pratt

5.0 out of 5 stars A Marvel film to make you smile, 4 Jan. 2015
I saw this at the cinema when it first came out and preordered Blu-Ray. Having just watched Marvel's most recent Thor and Captain America outings I was starting to feel a little down on the current Marvel universe as a whole, it all felt a bit by the book, charmless and ground out. Within minutes of putting on this film everything was right with the universe ageing. It's just fun, the characters are likeable, even the minor ones, the script although cheesy at times is funny and the story is fun with the whole thing moved along nicely by a great soundtrack. If you are a fan of WWE you'll get an extra kick out of Dave Bautista who is sweet and dryly funny here. I rarely watch extras but enjoyed them here, from appreciating the work that went into Groot and Rocket to enjoying a cast dance off.

Bose ® SoundTrue Around-Ear Headphones - Black
Bose ® SoundTrue Around-Ear Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great product from Bose, just hold on to your cable..., 4 Jan. 2015
I bought these to replace my last set of Bose over ear headphones which are now discontinued. I basically wanted as close a replacement as possible as I loved my old headphones. These are improved in some areas worse in others but still a brilliant pair of headphones. The cups are not quite as perfectly fitting as the last model as the angle is different but they are still very comfortable and can be worn for prolonged periods of time no problem whereas I have trouble with on ear headphones, I use these headphones for running and the gym and they are very comfortable with no movement, just a but sweaty.
The audio quality is brilliant as with the previous model, good bass and picks out subtle sounds I never heard with in ear headphones.
They are not noise cancelling but you don't hear much of the outside world above a certain volume, they do bleed but not excessively, less than in ear headphones and many on ear headphones I've heard.
The replaceable cable is a great idea as this was what necessitated the purchase of a new pair of headphones for me. The only slight complaint I'd make is that it's very easy to get it caught on something and wrenched out of headphone cup, this often happens to me on trains passing through a carriage full of obstacles. I have once lost the entire cable on a busy train as well as it must have gotten well caught on something. It's not too much drama to replace but is a bit annoying. Overall these headphones are comfy with good sound quality and if you have a compatible device it's a nice perk to be able to control volume from the cable.

Pantone Universe Sleeve for 11 inch MacBook Air - Red
Pantone Universe Sleeve for 11 inch MacBook Air - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all the boxes, 4 Jan. 2015
I searched through a lot of cases to find this one. It is lightweight it looks good, it's a sort of plastic leather and it feels protective. All the other cases I looked at were either thin sleeves which weren't protective enough or they were so protective that they added too much bulk. For a 7 hour a day train, walk, bus commute this is the perfect case to protect my laptop in my bag.

Huawei E5220 3G SIM Free Mobile WiFi UK (Genuine UK Stock) - White (21MB/s)
Huawei E5220 3G SIM Free Mobile WiFi UK (Genuine UK Stock) - White (21MB/s)
Offered by NowView

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little device, 4 Jan. 2015
I've been using device for about 6 months now. I commute long distance London to East Coast daily and train wifi is awful. It was easy to set up and connect to a multitude of devices. It can take a while to power on sometimes, when not plugged in mine doesn't display obvious signs of whether it's on or off either, the symbols in the picture only light up when I use it plugged into laptop. It works as well as my plug in wifi dongle in terms of speed of switching, having done the same journey day after day it became obvious at which points the signal went from 4 to to 3G and from 3 to 2g, it's comparable. I have also used it out and about in London in conjunction with iPad, I don't have a smartphone so this lets me stay connected if I need to on the go. It gave very even and fast coverage using O2 in London with no signal dropping. The battery tends to last about 4 hours if left on. A problem I have is leaving it in my bag and forgetting to turn it off and running down battery but maybe other people would be more diligent. It does warm up a little after extended use as well but not drastically. overall very useful.

Anitas 50pk Cream Cards and Envelopes
Anitas 50pk Cream Cards and Envelopes
Offered by AONESTATIONERY

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect quality card., 4 Jan. 2015
Bought these for making birthday and Christmas cards. Perfect. Good quality, I have used artist ink, acrylic, stamp ink, watercolour paint and marker on them and there has been no warping or bleeding. The edges are clean and overall they make nice looking cards.

Scalextric 1:32 Scale Monster Truck Mayhem Race Set
Scalextric 1:32 Scale Monster Truck Mayhem Race Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for all ages., 4 Jan. 2015
A Christmas gift for my cousins, had a great time playing on Christmas Day with the whole family. Took about 15 minutes to put together out if the box, you do need a large floor space. The wire contacts on the undersides of the cars did detach a few times and need reattaching, there are spares in the package these would likely be needed down the road as the attachments and the brush contacts themselves aren't brilliant quality. We did fiddle around with the configuration of the ramps a few times, when starting out and learning how to control the cars it helps to reduce the challenge a bit and this is easy to do. The kids got the hang if it very fast though, they initially went off the track on every lap and were unable to land from the ramps but 5 minutes later were racing like pros. Overall great fun but not amazing quality.

Shadow Warrior (PS4)
Shadow Warrior (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Old School Fun, 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Shadow Warrior (PS4) (Video Game)
Incredibly fun, very old school game. It's good for a laugh, there's plenty of sillyness in the story and the gameplay is enjoyable especially if you are someone who likes to smash everything around them. Using the sword tends to be more fun than the guns, the trackpad is useful although I'd say there are times when it can get a bit frustrating as you are sure you have hit, for example a healing combination and either nothing happens or something else happens, it just feels a bit hit and miss at times. Other than that the only criticism I'd have is that a few sections have slightly repetitive gameplay and that at times it isn't obvious where to go but these are small complaints and overall the game is a lot of fun.

Liquid Chalk - 250ml
Liquid Chalk - 250ml
Offered by Bentley's Bargain Warehouse

3.0 out of 5 stars great for yoga, 22 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Liquid Chalk - 250ml (Misc.)
I get very sweaty hands when I do yoga and Pilates and my hands slip apart. This is a good solution, a good application and I get great grip. The disadvantages, it leaves a chalky residue on mat although I expected this and don't mind too much, also needs to be v well shaken to recombine chalk with whatever liquid it's suspended in and I still feel it's not mixed as well as it originally was, it can also be a little irritating to my hands, I don't have sensitive skin typically but my hands can get a bit itchy and red sometimes after using it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5