Profile for Jock > Reviews

Content by Jock

Jock "jock_munro" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
NEW MENS DENIM JEAN JACKET - Classic Duke D555 Western Style Trucker Jacket BLACK K1XL
Offered by Ellse Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a summer jacket., 17 May 2016
I ordered the black version. I really like it. Its perfect for a summer jacket. It fits well and feels good. I've only had it a week, so I cant comment on how durable it is. However when the price is this cheap this jacket is great value.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2016 7:12 PM BST

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [DVD] [2015]
Star Wars: The Force Awakens [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Harrison Ford
Offered by Rikdev Media

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD with no extras. Why ??, 20 April 2016
Firsty, I'm reviewing the product, not the film. The film is brilliant and it gets 5 stars. But this DVD release has NO EXTRAS. Which I think is a massive con/swizz/rip off. Especially as the blu-ray version has them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2016 11:20 PM BST

Memwah Micro SD Card Reader - Fast USB 2.0 Adapter for MicroSD cards up to 64Gb
Memwah Micro SD Card Reader - Fast USB 2.0 Adapter for MicroSD cards up to 64Gb
Offered by KING OF FLASH

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT work on 64gb cards despite this claim in the product title., 18 Sept. 2015
This item clearly says in the title " Fast USB 2.0 Adapter for MicroSD cards up to 64Gb". For most people that means this will work on 64gb cards. But it doesnt. Only when you read the production description in more detail you will find it can only handle cards up to 32Gb. So, for me, its not fit for purpose and a complete waste of money.

Addis 9 Litre Bucket with Grip Handle, Linen
Addis 9 Litre Bucket with Grip Handle, Linen

4.0 out of 5 stars Multi-function recepticle for putting stuff in. Usually water. But other stuff too., 26 Aug. 2015
The Addis 9ltr bucket is ideal for many applications, primarily for the temporary storage of water whilst it is being transported to whatever application is required of it. Washing cars, cleaning windows, wet t-shirt contests, putting out small fires (excluding chip pan fires of course). The sturdy designed handle means the bucket can be swung around wildly without concern. This is useful when warding off truculent circus clowns by throwing buckets of glitter over them. In fact I know that the Bertram Mills Circus have had a long term contract with Addis to supply all the buckets for their clown shows since the 1950's. The same can be said for Battys Hippodrome in the US. Thus a testament to the build quality and versatility of this bucket.

My only criticism is its size. At only 9 litres holding capacity it took me over 250,000 trips from the kitchen sink to my back garden where I've built an Olympic sized swimming pool. This took up most of the weekend and by the time the pool was nearly full I had run out of energy and gave up on having a swim.

Glory
Glory

5.0 out of 5 stars A great feel good track, 13 July 2015
This review is from: Glory (MP3 Download)
A great feel good track. Lets hope the other tracks on Jean Michel Jarre's eagerly awaited E-Project collaboration CD (out in Oct 2015) are up to this standard.

Get To Heaven
Get To Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant & stunning. Highly recommended., 13 July 2015
This review is from: Get To Heaven (Audio CD)
A truly breathtaking album that will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Everything Everything, with the help of Stuart Price, really have produced a masterpiece here. Jonathan Higgs deep lyrics and quality vocals are a real treat. Everything Everything are also the master of the killer chorus, and there are plenty on this album.

I defy anyone to not sit bolt upright when they first listen to No Reptiles. I cant put this CD down and I would highly recommend this to anyone, regardless of your taste in music. It satisfies on so many levels. The word perfect gets used too often. But I genuinely think the boys have created the perfect album here.

STELLA ARTOIS Lager 24x 500ml Cans - 5% ABV
STELLA ARTOIS Lager 24x 500ml Cans - 5% ABV
Offered by DrinkSupermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars aaaas saa faaaa haa, 12 Jun. 2015
aaaagh fa faggin dd drr ddrrank all all thh thhhe faggin st st st *burp* ella art art art ois avent I. Aaaall of of it. Ye ye yer mmmme be bes best fuggin pal *hic* nah hon honest I'm b b b be being really *hic* sin sincere ha ha ha ..... urp *BLOOARRRRGH*

A-szcxtop(TM) New Version Guitar to USB Interface Link Cable PC/MAC Recording Adapter
Offered by HDE ZHONG

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt get it working with Cubase Artist V7.5 (on Macbook), 12 Jun. 2015
First of all, the installation CD with all the drivers on is on mini CDROM. This means it wont work on all CD drives, especially a lot of usb CD drives. Thankfully I eventually realised that on the MacBook the guitar link can just be plugged in and works from the word go. Getting it to work in Garageband took less than a minute. However I use Cubase Artist v7.5 as my DAW and I couldn't get the guitar link to work properly. I couldn't hear any output from the guitar link headphone socket or from the Macbook output either but Cubase was recording the input ok. I spent an entire morning searching technical forums in an attempt to try and resolve the issue, but without success. Whether this is an issue with Cubase or the Guitar Link is irrelevant for me. I was unable to use it for the job I needed it for. Guitarist session cancelled. I will now look at getting a higher spec usb mixer instead. (P.S if anyone does know how to get this to work in Cubase then please let me know ! Thanks)

New Promotions Guitar to USB Interface Link Audio Cable PC/MAC Recording Adapter
Offered by SupplyEU

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt work in Cubase V7.5 (on Mac), 12 Jun. 2015
First of all, the installation CD that comes with this is a mini CDROM. Which means its not suitable for all CDROM drives. I didn't even attempt to use it in my usb CD drive. Thankfully having a MacBook Pro I eventually realised I could just plug the device in. Garageband instantly recognised it and I was able to get it working ok. However, I don't use Garageband as my DAW. I use Cubase Artist V7.5 and after several hours I still couldn't figure out how to get this working properly. The audio input from the guitar link was being recorded, but I could not hear any output at all. This was either through the headphones on the guitar link, or from the output from the Mac. I wasted a lot of time searching tech forums but still could not find a way around this. So for me the unit is completely useless. Instead I'll fork out for a decent usb mixer and see if that works.

Rendez-Vous
Rendez-Vous

1.0 out of 5 stars Appallingly bad remaster. Dont bother buying., 13 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Rendez-Vous (Audio CD)
Appalling remaster that ruins a classic and brilliant album. Go onto the Jean Michel Jarre forums and facebook pages and see how angry the fans are about this. It sounds like a complete amateur was let loose in the mastering suite.

If you already have the original release from the 1980's then stick with that. If you are new to JMJ then find the original release and give this 2015 abomination a miss.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5