Profile for tobykin > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
A Gift from Bob: How a Street Cat Helped One Man Learn the Meaning of Christmas
A Gift from Bob: How a Street Cat Helped One Man Learn the Meaning of Christmas
by James Bowen

5.0 out of 5 stars Another tale by James and his furry companion Bob. ..., 11 Dec 2014
Another tale by James and his furry companion Bob. I am a huge fan of both of them and may even be a bit biased. He recalls one particular cold Christmas and how Bob always encouraged James, being always by his side. But if you want to know any more you will have to read it.

This Boy
This Boy

5.0 out of 5 stars Have just finished reading this book and I loved it. It is a piece of social history ..., 11 Dec 2014
This review is from: This Boy (Kindle Edition)
Have just finished reading this book and I loved it. It is a piece of social history and in my opinion this should be a prescribed text book in schools. As I used to live in Hammersmith and also got married in 1968 at Hammersmith Register Office like the author I found I could relate even more to the book. I shed a few tears and just couldn't put it down. It's a most marvellous book of Alan Johnson's early life full of humility, very well written and I definitely give it 5 stars. Thank you Alan Johnson for this wonderful read.

Premium Quality A4 Printing Paper 70gsm White 90 Sheets - For Home/Office/Everyday Printing
Offered by Express Goods UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Dec 2014
It's okay, just as described and thank you.

Genuine Sheaffer Classic Calligraphy Mini Introductory Kit Fountain Pen Gift Set
Offered by K Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Dec 2014
I like them a lot and they will come very useful with my calligraphy.

The Sower
The Sower

1.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like this book and I had actually removed it from ..., 11 Dec 2014
This review is from: The Sower (Kindle Edition)
Sorry, I didn't like this book and I had actually removed it from my kindle. I ordered it by mistake.

Dominion
Dominion

4.0 out of 5 stars I have really enjoyed this book, 11 Dec 2014
This review is from: Dominion (Kindle Edition)
I have really enjoyed this book. Another good yarn by C.J. Sansom. I found it hard to put it down and I was burning the candle at both ends. Any lover of C.J.Sansom's 'Shardlake Series' will not be disappointed and I would recommend it. Good read!

A Dance With Dragons: Part 2 After The Feast (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5)
A Dance With Dragons: Part 2 After The Feast (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars some characters are rather endearing like Jon and Sansa and one wants to know what ..., 19 Nov 2014
I have now read all the books. They are full of horrors, some characters are rather endearing like Jon and Sansa and one wants to know what happens to them. I will not give the end away but it seems to me there will be another book. I must also say that I found it rather turgid at times but kept persevering. There is a lot of scheming and plotting and incredible violence and not unlike the politics of today.

Waist Torsion Disc
Waist Torsion Disc

5.0 out of 5 stars I find it very useful, have been using it for sometime and it ..., 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: Waist Torsion Disc (Misc.)
I find it very useful, have been using it for sometime and it definitely helps tone my hips and reduces my waistline. Would recommend it.

The Red Queen
The Red Queen

3.0 out of 5 stars The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory, 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Red Queen (Kindle Edition)
I must say I expected a bit more from this book. The story of Margaret Beaufort, the heiress to the red rose of Lancaster is narrated in the voice of Margaret herself. She is a very pious child and grows into an even more devout person. Married at a very young age of 12 and almost dying in childbirth she produces a son, a Tudor,and from then on her only aim in life is for her son to become king. Her wish did come true after many years of bloody battles between the House of York and Lancaster. I disliked her, she seems to be so wrapped up in her devotion to God. Philippa Gregory no doubt did a lot of research for this book but apart from historical facts she also throws in some romance between Margaret and her brother in law Jasper Tudor, which I find rather unbelievable but maybe many readers will like that. So, in fact Margaret Beaufort founded the Tudor dynasty, her son Henry became Henry the seventh.

Philomena [DVD]
Philomena [DVD]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great film, I have read the book first and ..., 11 Aug 2014
This review is from: Philomena [DVD] (DVD)
What a great film, I have read the book first and then bought the DVD. Steven Coogan stands out in the role of Martin Sixsmith. It definitely deserves 5 stars, have enjoyed it very much even though it is a very dark story but it had to be told.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11