Profile for tobykin > Reviews

Content by tobykin

tobykin

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The North: (And Almost Everything In It)
The North: (And Almost Everything In It)
by Paul Morley

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read. This big tome of a book is ..., 17 Dec. 2015
An excellent read. This big tome of a book is so full of interesting information, one can just dip in and use it as a reference book. As I live in the Manchester area this book has a special interest for me. The author grew up in Stockport and this book is a mixture of memoir and social history. It is funny and poignant and it is a sheer delight. Thank you Paul Morley!

Beauty & Truth Wrinkle Rewind Intensive Recovery Anti-aging Cream
Beauty & Truth Wrinkle Rewind Intensive Recovery Anti-aging Cream
Offered by Beauty and Truth

1.0 out of 5 stars I have bought this cream directly from the 'Beauty and ..., 15 Dec. 2015
I have bought this cream directly from the 'Beauty and Truth' and I'm afraid it doesn't do what it claims to do. So, I can only give it 1 star.

Half of a Yellow Sun
Half of a Yellow Sun
by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

5.0 out of 5 stars Although I read this book before I loved it just as much this time, 20 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Half of a Yellow Sun (Paperback)
Although I read this book before I loved it just as much this time. Her style of writing is so vivid and her descriptions of events around Biafra war in the 1960s are full of compassion. It's definitely thought provoking and it reminds us again about the futility of wars. The book has recently won another well deserved award. I recommend it to all the readers.

The Magpies
The Magpies

4.0 out of 5 stars This thriller is a better read than I had expected, 10 Nov. 2015
This review is from: The Magpies (Kindle Edition)
This thriller is a better read than I had expected. It also sounds quite true and the plot is quite clever. I was kept in suspense and read it in one sitting, so I give it 4 stars.

Replacement Thermoforming Mouth Trays/Guards for Teeth Whitening/Bleaching or Teeth Grinding
Offered by Beauty 4 You Today

5.0 out of 5 stars ... for my friend and he finds it a really good value for money and it does the job, 12 Sept. 2015
This was for my friend and he finds it a really good value for money and it does the job.

Wynken, Blynken, and Nod
Wynken, Blynken, and Nod

5.0 out of 5 stars A charming nursery song by Eugene Field that has always ..., 5 Sept. 2015
A charming nursery song by Eugene Field that has always been popular and has lost none of its appeal since it was first written many years ago.

Daler Rowney Aquafine aquarelle artists watercolour TEXTURE pad A4 cold pressed
Daler Rowney Aquafine aquarelle artists watercolour TEXTURE pad A4 cold pressed
Offered by Crafty Arts

5.0 out of 5 stars happy with the purchase, 5 Sept. 2015
High quality paper, happy with the purchase, thank you.

Mr Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore
Mr Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore

3.0 out of 5 stars I had high expectations of this book but it really ..., 5 Sept. 2015
I had high expectations of this book but it really is not my kind of book. It started off with a promise of something more exciting but it didn't amount to much. Despite persevering it just did nothing for me, so I can only give it 3 stars.

The Shepherd's Crown (Discworld Novels)
The Shepherd's Crown (Discworld Novels)

5.0 out of 5 stars she is well loved. Then there is Geoffrey who wants to become ..., 2 Sept. 2015
Such a lovely 'feel good' book. Have just finished reading it and as I am quite a newby to Discworld books I will be reading many more. He takes us into the world of witches, elves and feegles. The main character is Tiffany Aching, a young witch who is very wise for her age and very hardworking, she is well loved. Then there is Geoffrey who wants to become a witch, he is a really gentle young man and kind to animals. But I will not go on, I don't want to spoil the rest of the book. There is so much warmth, kindness, and humour in this book, one can see how much Terry Pratchett enjoyed writing it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars ... just received leggings in 'cat print' and am really pleased. They are very snug and comfortable and just ..., 2 Sept. 2015
Have just received leggings in 'cat print' and am really pleased. They are very snug and comfortable and just right for cat lovers, quite a novelty.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20