Profile for tobykin > Reviews

Content by tobykin

tobykin

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
A Dance With Dragons: Part 2 After The Feast (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5)
A Dance With Dragons: Part 2 After The Feast (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars some characters are rather endearing like Jon and Sansa and one wants to know what ..., 19 Nov 2014
I have now read all the books. They are full of horrors, some characters are rather endearing like Jon and Sansa and one wants to know what happens to them. I will not give the end away but it seems to me there will be another book. I must also say that I found it rather turgid at times but kept persevering. There is a lot of scheming and plotting and incredible violence and not unlike the politics of today.

Waist Torsion Disc
Waist Torsion Disc
Offered by B420 Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars I find it very useful, have been using it for sometime and it ..., 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: Waist Torsion Disc (Misc.)
I find it very useful, have been using it for sometime and it definitely helps tone my hips and reduces my waistline. Would recommend it.

The Red Queen
The Red Queen

3.0 out of 5 stars The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory, 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Red Queen (Kindle Edition)
I must say I expected a bit more from this book. The story of Margaret Beaufort, the heiress to the red rose of Lancaster is narrated in the voice of Margaret herself. She is a very pious child and grows into an even more devout person. Married at a very young age of 12 and almost dying in childbirth she produces a son, a Tudor,and from then on her only aim in life is for her son to become king. Her wish did come true after many years of bloody battles between the House of York and Lancaster. I disliked her, she seems to be so wrapped up in her devotion to God. Philippa Gregory no doubt did a lot of research for this book but apart from historical facts she also throws in some romance between Margaret and her brother in law Jasper Tudor, which I find rather unbelievable but maybe many readers will like that. So, in fact Margaret Beaufort founded the Tudor dynasty, her son Henry became Henry the seventh.

Philomena [DVD]
Philomena [DVD]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great film, I have read the book first and ..., 11 Aug 2014
This review is from: Philomena [DVD] (DVD)
What a great film, I have read the book first and then bought the DVD. Steven Coogan stands out in the role of Martin Sixsmith. It definitely deserves 5 stars, have enjoyed it very much even though it is a very dark story but it had to be told.

The Sea-Wolf
The Sea-Wolf

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the story but it was rather dark and at ..., 11 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Sea-Wolf (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the story but it was rather dark and at times very strange, I had to read it slowly but it is a good read.

CE MAINS HOME CHARGER FOR AMAZON KINDLE Wi-Fi 6" E INK DISPLAY
CE MAINS HOME CHARGER FOR AMAZON KINDLE Wi-Fi 6" E INK DISPLAY
Offered by Blacksheep Mobile

5.0 out of 5 stars I find the charger very good, no problems and it arrived very quickly, 11 Aug 2014
Yes, I find the charger very good, no problems and it arrived very quickly.

Air Purifier and Ioniser Plug In - Maxim
Air Purifier and Ioniser Plug In - Maxim
Offered by One Click Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased with the purchase, 4 Aug 2014
The product is just want I wanted, very pleased with the purchase, would recommend it. It is small and neat and perfect for small rooms.

Succession
Succession

4.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend it to any history lovers, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Succession (Kindle Edition)
This book based on a true story is well written. Henry the sixth is the king but he is weak and the queen, Margaret of Anjou, tries to rule but she is very unpopular. The main character Margaret Beaufort, heiress to the red rose of Lancaster is depicted extremely well, her fate is just to produce an heir and is married at the age of twelve. She grows up into a feisty woman and nothing will stand in her way. The times are turbulent and bloody, her only son Henry eventually becomes the king, Henry the seventh, the first Tudor king. Livi Michael brings her characters to life and I sympathise with Margaret Beaufort at first but then I began to dislike her, she seemed to be power crazed. However the times were bloody and she had to be cunning and shrewd to survive and to achieve her aim at any cost. I would definitely recommend this book to all history lovers.

The Tribute Bride
The Tribute Bride

5.0 out of 5 stars The Tribute Bride by Theresa Tomlinson, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Tribute Bride (Kindle Edition)
Another very enjoyable read by the author of: 'The Swarming of Bees' set in the 7th century in today's Northumbria. She takes us on a journey through the kingdoms of Deira and Bernicia . The crops failed in Deira and the king had no alternative but send his daughter Acha as a tribute bride to the overlord, the king of Bernicia. It is a cruel fate that awaits the young princess Acha but despite all the odds she becomes a real peace weaver and becomes strong and wise with the help of her loyal servants

It definitely deserves five stars, the story is very convincing and gripping, I found it hard to put it down and would recommend it to all history lovers. I can't wait for the next book by Theresa Tomlinson, she is a very skillful story teller.

Paw Tracks in the Moonlight
Paw Tracks in the Moonlight
by Denis O'Connor

5.0 out of 5 stars Paw tracks in the Moonlight, 21 May 2014
A charming story and a must for all cat lovers. Very movingly told, the author Denis O'Connor has a real affinity with the natural world.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11