Profile for G. P. Comber > Reviews

Content by G. P. Comber

G. P. Comber (Lincolnshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
USB 2.0 Video Capture Device. Convert Video+Audio from VHS, V8, Hi8, All Camcorders, Video Recorder, DVD player, Satellite TV, Freeview etc. Capture xbox360 & playstation3 in PAL 60 colour. Includes Arcsoft Showbiz 3.5 editing software. Upload videos direct to YouTube . Supports Windows XP/Vista + Windows 7 32/64, Windows 8 /8.1 32bit and 64bit and Mac OSX up to Yosemite (10.10.3), Mavericks (10.9.4) with AV Cable & SCART Adaptor
Offered by ClimaxDigital UK (VAT NO: GB948688449)

1.0 out of 5 stars This was a very flimsy bit of kit that never ..., 7 Jan. 2015
This was a very flimsy bit of kit that never worked. I had no trouble returning it though , so full marks for that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2015 4:59 PM GMT

Prym Replacement Zip Fastener Puller - Leather Black (1pk)
Prym Replacement Zip Fastener Puller - Leather Black (1pk)
Offered by Minerva Crafts and Fabrics

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Jan. 2015
Brilliant bit of kit.

Half a King (Shattered Sea, Book 1)
Half a King (Shattered Sea, Book 1)
by Joe Abercrombie

3.0 out of 5 stars Abercrombie Lite., 7 Jan. 2015
I wanted so much to enjoy this book. I enjoyed the dark humour and realism ( if you can use that word of fantasy tales...) of his previous books and I was looking forward to more of the same.
As a book , as a read , it's OK but it comes across as a kid's book .
Nothing wrong with that if that sort of teenage novel is to your taste , but this is very lightweight compared to his previous offerings.
Disappointing.

Black Pulse Heart Rate Sport Watch Chest Monitor Calorie Counter Fitness
Black Pulse Heart Rate Sport Watch Chest Monitor Calorie Counter Fitness

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a lot of use, 9 Jan. 2014
I bought this watch as I wanted to keep a check on my hear-rate while riding my mountain bike.
Well , for a start off , you have to place your finger over a sensor in order for this to happen , and that isn't all that easy when you're riding.
That isn't the sport watch's fault though as I should have figured that out before I bought it. However , I would point out that the title does tend to give the idea that it has a chest monitor ? It doesn't.
What is definitely the sport watch's fault though ( apart from being rather awkward to set up anyway) is that it is unbelievably inaccurate !
I thought that something was wrong when it indicated that I had a resting heart-rate of 150 , or 97 , or ..... *gulp* 250 ! ( needless to say , a quick check with a more normal watch revealed that , no , not having a heart attack yet).
So.
It wasn't expensive but in use , it was..er.. useless and the result is totally untrustworthy as well . I never even got around to setting up the high and low pulse rate setting because it obviously wasn't worth it.
Pity , because it does look very nice.

9 Songs [DVD]
9 Songs [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kieran O'Brien

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing., 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: 9 Songs [DVD] (DVD)
Not sure what I really expected from this , it was only curiosity that had me buy it. Well , curiosity is now satisfied and I have to admit that it was quite boring. Although some of the pop concert performances were alright. Put it this way , I've had it for some time now and I have never managed to watch it to the end.

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout
Offered by Don Ruffles

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like ?, 9 Jan. 2014
I bought this set-up to use with a PC I keep connected to my television . If the use of it could be any simpler I really can't imagine how. The set is inexpensive and works perfectly . Battery life appears to be very long indeed and the little USB dongle works brilliantly. No trouble at all , no set-up required and works with two laptops as well. Really , really easy to use.

Midnight Wire
Midnight Wire

3.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes , you shouldn't return., 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Midnight Wire (Audio CD)
But sometimes.... you should. I have no idea why but I was very fond of Curved Air at the time. Never got to see them and of course there was no such thing as a CD , back then. This particular album I only ever had on a cassette tape which self-destructed as per usual but I had good memories of it and when I saw it on Amazon......
If you like Curved Air , this is nice. It's a bit smoother than some of their output ( a bit like Airborne ) and the band were certainly in good form for this one , as was the estimable Ms Kristina !
Well worth a listen .

Rear Shock Mounting Hardware 1/2 x 1/2 Inches 24.4 x 8 3-Piece - 1 Set
Rear Shock Mounting Hardware 1/2 x 1/2 Inches 24.4 x 8 3-Piece - 1 Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed., 23 Jun. 2013
Nicely made bushes that enabled me to fit a fairly upmarket new Rockshox shock to my much older Dawes frame. Naturally, there was a bit of hassle ( when isn't there ? ) but they are in , solid , and doing the job.

JSG Accessories® REPLACEMENT TWIN PACK SPARE EARHOOK EAR HOOK LOOP EARLOOP EARBUD FOR BLUETOOTH HEADSET
Offered by JSG Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the only way..., 23 Jun. 2013
... you will ever get a Bluetooth gadget to stay in your ear . An added bonus is that they were inexpensive and I now have two spares as well.

Hozelock Car Wheel Brush
Hozelock Car Wheel Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Handy, 23 Jun. 2013
If there is a better gadget for cleaning a motorcycle , I haven't found it yet . Just the job for all those nooks and crannies. A bit rough for the paintwork but ideal for around the wheels etc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5