Profile for S. A. Broadhurst > Reviews

Content by S. A. Broadhurst

S. A. Broadhurst "SBroadhurst" (Worcester, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
TOMY Stack n Play Lighthouse
TOMY Stack n Play Lighthouse

4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic. bright, 11 Dec 2014
This review is from: TOMY Stack n Play Lighthouse (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A fantastic. bright, engaging, functional baby toy which can be used in a number of ways to encourage children to develop their skills and make bath times fun. The toy can be used as both a stacking toy but also as an addition to pouring and filling activities. It could be used in bath time but also with a range of dry or wet sensory materials to encourage children to develop their pouring and filling skills. Add a number of small boats and this toy would give hours of small world imaginative play. The noise made when the lighthouse is pressed down is manageable.
A great gift to buy a young child this Christmas time

The Secret Society® - Hidden Mystery
The Secret Society® - Hidden Mystery

4.0 out of 5 stars recommend, 25 Nov 2014
Good game. Recommended

Facing the Music
Facing the Music
by Tim Thorogood

2.0 out of 5 stars I liked the idea of the book, 24 Nov 2014
This review is from: Facing the Music (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I liked the idea of the book, however I found it disappointing and felt let down when I reached the end.

Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
by Robert Glancy

3.0 out of 5 stars I did enjoy this book, 24 Nov 2014
This review is from: Terms & Conditions (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I did enjoy this book , however I found the format very difficult to get into, with footnotes on many pages and small text making it difficult to read at night. I did however enjoy the book - a great story which I did loose myself in, although it took me a long time to read, as I had pinch moments throughout the day, before my eyes got tired. I liked Frank, the main character, who had been in a car accident and lost his memory and found myself warming to his character throughout the book.

Reasons She Goes to the Woods
Reasons She Goes to the Woods
by Deborah Kay Davies

1.0 out of 5 stars I was unable to finish this book - I disliked the extremely long chapters and could not get into ..., 24 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was unable to finish this book - I disliked the extremely long chapters and could not get into the book.

This is the Life
This is the Life
by Alex Shearer

4.0 out of 5 stars It is one of those books that one should not enjoy but I was left questioning some of the themes ..., 24 Nov 2014
This review is from: This is the Life (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is not by the Alan Shearer, footballer, but an author who writes about the djifficult subject of the loss of a brother due to a brain tumour. However, he discloses this is a 'much fictionalised' version. The subject sounds grim and close to the bone, but it is actually a fantastically written book which has many moments of humour alongside the heartbreaking reality of the subject matter. It is one of those books that one should not enjoy but I was left questioning some of the themes within the book of life, death and the process of dying.
A book which I recommend but don't read it during dark times in your own life, or without a box of tissues to hand

QuickBooks Online Plus, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)
QuickBooks Online Plus, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)
Offered by Fine_world

3.0 out of 5 stars I am currently using it for a football club's accounts and is great for generating invoices and marking monies received, 24 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Before I start this review, I must admit that I am a qualified book keeper. I have used a range of accounting packages and I must admit that there are other packages on the market that I would, personally, prefer to use.
This package is ok, I am currently using it for a football club's accounts and is great for generating invoices and marking monies received. However I am not using for it bank reconcilliations and payments made.
There are great wizards within the package which quickly enabled me to generate a proforma invoice, which included the club's badge and to set up recurring entries for monthly subscriptions, weekly pitch hire and occassional fines. I was able to easily produce a list of debtors, telling me who owed me what aivt any given time.
That is all I am happy to use this package for - when I worked at a Chartered Accountants it was found that clients who used this product were quickly able to get themselves into a mess. There is no double entry book keeping required and therefore bank reconcilliations can be messy, payments can be input and not matched to a raised invoice and therefore I would not suggest this for anyone who does not have a background in book keeping, There are other products on the market, especially one beginning with S which may be a little more expensive but will guide you through the process to ensure accounts represent the current financial package accurately.

A Heart Bent Out of Shape
A Heart Bent Out of Shape
by Emylia Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read - one which stays with you for days ..., 24 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A fantastic read - one which stays with you for days after you have finished that last page. The author uses fantastic decriptive techniques to transport the reader to Switzerland. I felt I was there, and the characters were also true to life. Well worth a read - can not recommend highly enough!!!

The Boy in the Book
The Boy in the Book
by Nathan Penlington

4.0 out of 5 stars I loved the choose your own adventure books as a child ..., 24 Nov 2014
This review is from: The Boy in the Book (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I loved the choose your own adventure books as a child and as soon as i saw those words in the synopsis I was intrigued to read this book on that fact alone. This book does not relate to those books at all, except the main character finds a secret, hidden diary within the pages of those books, but it is still a fantastic story, one of intrigue and mystery and well worth a read. It is cleverly written and a great concept for a book - recommend to all

Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom - A Colouring Book Adventure
Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom - A Colouring Book Adventure
by Millie Marotta

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for family weekend projects!!, 22 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Who does not love colouring in?? A pastime which can be enjoyed from all ages - as soon as a child can hold a pencil or crayon, colouring and drawing can be enjoyed, a pastime which has no upper age limit. Colouring books are a staple rainy day activity source and these too can aimed at different ages, from simple, bold outlines to more detailled and intricate designs, there is something for everyone.

This book is full of beautiful, line drawings featuring floral and fauna of many descriptions. There are illustrations with big, open spaces to colour, but also areas which are infilled with intricate patters - many have a 'zentangle' appearance which is a craze flooding the crafting industry at the present time. The book is beautiful to look at while in black and white but will also be fantastic when coloured in. The drawings could be coloured in my a mix of ages, they would make a great family project and I am sure that they would look stunning mounted in a picture frame and hung on the wall.

My only negative on this project, and it is one which I think is evident in all colouring books, is that the pictures are printed on both sides of the page. Dependent on the medium used to colour in the illustrations, the colour may bleed through to the other side - especially if alcohol ink pens are used.

This is a great book for adults or teenagers who enjoy colouring in. I also think it is a great book to have as a family project on a wet and cold Sunday afternoon or over the Christmas period.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20