Profile for S. A. Broadhurst > Reviews

Content by S. A. Broadhurst

S. A. Broadhurst "SBroadhurst" (Worcester, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
GCSE Biology AQA 10-Minute Tests (including Answers)
GCSE Biology AQA 10-Minute Tests (including Answers)
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars I think that this series of books is fantastic - they are perfect for revision purposes and quickly ..., 28 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think that this series of books is fantastic - they are perfect for revision purposes and quickly identify any gaps in knowledge to enable students to rearrange their revision to ensure complete understanding of the syllabus before the big exams.
They are well set out, easy to follow and the answers at the back to check knowledge.

I recommend these to all GCSE students facing exams with the AQA board.

Vidal Sassoon Hydra Gloss Frizz Control Straightener
Vidal Sassoon Hydra Gloss Frizz Control Straightener
Offered by Premier Life Store

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, 28 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sleek design, easy to use, heat up quickly and does what it says on the tin! I would most definitely recommend these - the name Vidal Sasson is a good name in hairdressing and so I felt reassured that this would be a great item and I was not disappointed. They were easy to use and the results fantastic. A great price point as a gift for my daughter who is beginning to enjoy styling her hair but not too expensive that if they get left on the floor and stepped upon they will be expensive to replace.
A great product that I would recommend this Christmas shopping time.

Vicks Sweet Dreams Cool Mist Humidifier with Projector
Vicks Sweet Dreams Cool Mist Humidifier with Projector

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but expensive refills and rather a large device, 28 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been looking for a Humidifier for some time and was interested to see how this one measures up. It is by Vicks - a well known name with a good history behind it and so I was eager to give it a go.

The unit is rather large and therefore consideration needs to be given as to where it will sit. It needs to be nearby but is there room for it? I must admit, I found the instructions to be very sparse and not very helpful and therefore it was a trial and error process. However once i got it working it was ok, however there is also the good old cup of water near a radiator which never did me any harm as a child.

The projector needed a very dark room to be effective and if being used for older children, they will not be interested in pretty pictures on the ceiling. The other thing which puts me off the item is the constant need to buy refills - and that moment when you remember that you forget to replace the box after using the last one the night before.

In summary - it is a good idea, however very big for what it is, refills are expensive and I am not sure that you really need the projector.

Freedom's Child
Freedom's Child
by Jax Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive debut novel with a strong female lead, 15 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Freedom's Child (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A fabulous debut novel by Jax Miller which has left me wanting to read more by the author as soon as possible! It is an addictive read which leaves you wanting to read just one more chapter before closing it. With a strong female lead character, the story tells the story of Freedom, who has been in witness protection for eighteen years to protect her from her in laws, however when her daughter goes missing, she risks everything for her child.

Looking forward to Miller's next release.

Garnier Hand Intensive 7 Days Mango Soothing Cream 100ml
Garnier Hand Intensive 7 Days Mango Soothing Cream 100ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 15 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely product. It is reasonable priced, has a lovely scent and non greasy consistency. I found that my hands felt really soft and smooth following the first application and it was absorbed into my hands quite quickly. I have tried to use it daily and I have found a marked improvement in my hands appearance. I will be using this regularly to continue to reap the benefits.

Murad Resurgence Intensive Age-Diffusing Serum 30 ml
Murad Resurgence Intensive Age-Diffusing Serum 30 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product however I can't justify the price!, 15 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have not really looked much into the age defying lotions and potions and when I looked at the price for this product I was shocked! £65 is alot of money for this small product. It does, however, look smart and sleek and expensive. One application is also a small amount, and therefore I think that it will go a long way. However, as with all beauty regimes, it suggests using this along with other products in the range, therefore meaning more expense. When I had got over the price, I was pleasantly surprised. It smelt nice, it felt nice on my skin and I must admit, I can see a difference in my skin. It leaves my skin feeling soft and there is no greasy residue. It also feels firmer and does look younger looking.

Will I continue with this product? I would love to, it is nice and I can see a benefit, however I can not, reasonably justify the expense, along with the other two products recommended for the full effect.

Philips GC2046/20 EasySpeed Steam Iron with 110 g Steam Boost/ Ceramic Soleplate and Safety Auto-Off, 270 ml, 2200 Watt, Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for a student or someone with small ironing piles, 15 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This iron is by Phillips, a brand I have used many times and one I keep coming back to as one of my favourites.

It is a light iron, I used to think that I preferred heavier models but am now becoming a firm favourite of the lighter ones. It is easy to hold, fitting nicely into my hand, without the need to stretch fingers round the handle etc.

It heats up quickly and the temperature is easy to control with an accessible dial, however i did think that the maximum temperature was cooler than previous irons I have owned.

The soleplate is great - I have not managed to scratch it or leave dirty marks on it, like other irons I have used and it glides easily over all fabrics I have tried. It also irons well and no crease has beaten it so far!

The iron's power cord is not the longest I have seen on irons, it would benefit from being extended by 50cm.

The only other fault I could find was the water reservoir - it only holds 270ml of water, which I found to empty quickly - however I do do a large amount of ironing at one time and therefore maybe I need to buy a model with a larger reservoir. Also the reservoir has a cover over to stop spillages, which is a great asset, however I am right handed and I found the hinge on the cover to be awkward - I would prefer it to open the other way to make it easier to use a jug to fill it with.

In summary, I would recommend this as a great iron for a student leaving home for the first time or for someone who does not have huge amounts of ironing to do, however for myself, as a busy mum, I would prefer an iron with a larger water reservoir and longer flex.

I received this iron, through the Amazon Vine Programme, in return for an honest review.

GCSE English Text Guide - Frankenstein
GCSE English Text Guide - Frankenstein
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Any student who has this has a set text NEEDS this guide, 16 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This series of GCSE English - The Text Guide books is a great revision resource, whether writing an essay or revising for an exam these books are full of useful hints, tips and thought provokers to ensure complete and detailled analysis of the text is achieved.

The guides have been republished and edited to ensure compliance with the new exams, planned to be in place from 2017. The guides introduce each text to the student, aswell as the author, giving key messages. There is background information about the texts, looking at location, main characters and important themes of the time.
A plot summary is broken down into chapters, recapping for readers to ensure they get all key points.There are many themes analysed, giving lots of evidence and inspiration for essays.

Books contain practice questions for the text, in the form of both quick and in depth questions and give exam style question examples to encourage further analysis.

THere is a useful section on exam preparation: giving ideas on exam requirements; how to prepare for an exam; how to analyse questions and then plan the answer; along with how to write introductions and conclusions. There is also a worked exam question answer which demonstrates exactly what is required.

The book finishes with a brilliant cartoon, comic strip summary of the book which summarise the main themes brilliantly.

I would recommend these books as great resources for Secondary School students, both key stage 3 and GCSE, as ideal assistants while reading and analysing set texts. They give students a basic understanding of the texts, which could be read before reading the full novel, to give an overview of the book, and then can be returned to when looking at the themes and key points picked up during reading.

I have a number of the books in this series ready for when my children need assistance with set texts and also know where they are housed in the local library for those titles i haven't managed to collect.

GCSE English Text Guide - Anita and Me
GCSE English Text Guide - Anita and Me

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have resource, 16 Aug. 2015

GCSE English Text Guide - A View from the Bridge
GCSE English Text Guide - A View from the Bridge
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars ... GCSE English - The Text Guide books is a great revision resource, 8 Aug. 2015

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20