Profile for maria ines assumpcao > Reviews

Content by maria ines ass...

maria ines assumpcao

Flora 50s VINTAGE ROCKABILLY NET PETTICOAT,BLACK 26" Length Skirt (Large-Xlarge)
Offered by Flora's Boutique

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT UNDER-SKIRT FOR 50'S STYLE OUTFITS AND FANCY DRESSES, 17 April 2013
Bought this item to wear with 2 fancy-dresses I had that had super mini skirts. It looked lovely with them and it is very comfortable to wear too.

Tired of Being Tired: Rescue Repair Rejuvenate
Tired of Being Tired: Rescue Repair Rejuvenate
by Nancy Deville

5.0 out of 5 stars How to understand the stages leading to a total nervous breakdown., 17 April 2013
I found some of the information in this book a great help and also a great relief: all the rubbish my GPs had been telling me for years were confirmed as such.

My experience with GPs has been a disgrace since I developed ME. 'Being tired' is treat by GPs as a waste of their time. They disregard your symptoms, refute your gut instincts, etc, etc

The information in this book explain why you feel the way you feel and why, in some cases, you cannot recover from adrenal dysfunction without a proper medical treatment: medication and/or personal (friend or family member) or professional ( psychotherapist or similar) support.

Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome
Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome
by James L. Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars ALL GPS SHOULD READ THIS BOOK, 17 April 2013
If you suffer from Stress, Anxiety, PTSD, this book is an exceptional read and a important reference book, specially as I believe by experience that GPs as a whole do not test your adrenals and tend to treat stress related conditions by only prescribing anti-depressants which can make matters ( one's health) worse. That happens to me. I had ME, but my GP Surgery refused to refer me for a physical diagnosis and basicly 'forced' me to take anti-depressants. The result was that eventually after 3 years without proper treatment and prescribed the wrong medication, my ME got worse and now I am housebound/bedbound. All illness are caused by stress, or triggered by stress, or deteriorate by stress. So measuring/ monitoring your stress levels should be paramount, but GPs never recommend or refer you to have your adrenals tested. Hope that by reading this book.people will get the necessary information to challenge GPs about testing and treating properly adrenal burnt-out/fatigue.

CAETANO THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION
CAETANO THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION

5.0 out of 5 stars The older Caetano gets, the better he sounds, the deeper his musics touch. A true Brazilian gem., 17 April 2013
Having left Brazil 27 years ago, I lost contact with the more recent Brazilian popular musics, composers, singers, etc

As Caetano Veloso is my favourite Brazilian composer, decided to buy a collection with his older and newer songs. Being Brazilian, the older songs mean much more to me, but it was nice to see how Caetano continues to be versitile, diverse and still in his own way revolutionary.

"Sampa" is one of my favourite Caetano's songs as I am from Sao Paulo. "London, London" is also special as I am a Brazilian living in London. But so many other brilliant songs, many with the contagious Brazilian samba or 'batucada' rhythm.

As we say in Brazil; "Recorar e' viver", which means, "Remembering is living". Listening to Caetano to me is to experience being in Brazil, feeling Brazilian again". Priceless.