Profile for Holly > Reviews

Content by Holly

Holly

Page: 1 | 2
Cat Charmer (Colour may vary)
Cat Charmer (Colour may vary)
Price: 4.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very Robust, 26 Feb 2014
I would be inclined to get a more robust toy like this in future. The wand bends, and my cat grabs a hold of the longer portion and it's impossible to get it off him!

GALPHARM Nicotine Replace PEPPERMINT Flavour 4mg Lozenges 36's
GALPHARM Nicotine Replace PEPPERMINT Flavour 4mg Lozenges 36's
Offered by Galpharm Healthcare Online
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Take Away the Urge, 15 Jan 2014
I recommend these wholeheartedly. I no longer want a smoke. The only problem is when I have too much wine!

The Zul Enigma
The Zul Enigma
by J M Leitch
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply one of the best books I've ever read!, 28 April 2013
This review is from: The Zul Enigma (Paperback)
I'm not one to discuss a book in minute detail, and analyse to the nth degree, but suffice as to say this book literally blew my mind!

The first part two parts are amasing, the third part meanders a little, and finally it reaches a mighty crescendo.

I would not hesitate to recommend this book.

The Assassination Of Adolf Hitler
The Assassination Of Adolf Hitler
by M R Dowsing
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 19 April 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

I learned of it through the goodreads time travel group, proceeded to download the sample, and just had to buy the book in order to learn more!

I read reviews often, and constantly hear of a particular book being impossible to put down. I, more often than not, disagree with this appraisal. However this novel pleasantly surprised me, and was one such example.

I found the atmosphere described almost palpable, and felt as if I was almost there.

The only reason I have given 4 stars as opposed to five, is because I felt the characters were not as fleshed out as I would have liked. I think this is because the central theme overshadowed them somewhat, and of course the length of the novel, which was a little bit on the short side.

The ending also, while unexpected, was not perhaps as explosive as I would have preferred.

Overall though, I thoroughly recommend this.

Human Remains
Human Remains
Price: 4.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Great light read, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Human Remains (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, and especially enjoyed the quirky nature of Colin's character.

I was however a little disappointed with the ending, and found it quite flat.

It is one of those books that while I found enjoyable, it will be instantly forgotten. I will however read further books from this author as they offer a great source of light relief.

Thieves
Thieves
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it all for the ending!, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: Thieves (Kindle Edition)
This book was excellent, but not without its flaws. It was clear that a professional edition is sorely needed, which would take this book from a 4 star read, to 5 star one.

While the story concerns time travel, this does not take true shape until the very late stages. The preceding story has exceptionally well drawn characters, but does not (as I have mentioned) take actual effect for some time.

I would however highly recommend this, and any trouble that might be had persevering is richly rewarded with an ending that is one of the best I have come across for some time.

The Omega Paradox
The Omega Paradox
Price: 2.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent read, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Omega Paradox (Kindle Edition)
An excellent novel with big ideas. I found it extremely intriguing, but this is a book that requires a good level of attention to detail, so is therefore not a light read by any means!

Enigma Black (Enigma Black Trilogy  Book #1)
Enigma Black (Enigma Black Trilogy Book #1)
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars A great mix of action and character developmentt, 27 Feb 2013
I am not one for long reviews as I feel a novel is a very personal experience, so I'll get to the point!

I loved this book. The lead protagonist Celaine was an endearing character, who I felt I took the books journey with. I very much enjoyed the confrontation with the Man in Black, but felt perhaps another encounter with him would have added to the novel, hence four not five stars.

I would however recommend this novel to all readers alike, and cannot wait for the follow-up!

Schaefer's Integrity
Schaefer's Integrity
Price: 0.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 12 Dec 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and for someone such as myself that is seldom pleased with sci fi's that take place in space, this was a huge feat.

I loved the character of Duncan, and felt he depicted the changes to himself and the situation in a very sincere manner.

I greatly enjoyed the quantum mechanics over view, and felt such a complex subject was explained in a succinct way. I personally love novels with an element of science thrown in, and it was done very well here.

I did feel the ending was a little rushed, but this was most likely due to the fact the novel was quite short.

I look forward to reading more of this very talented authors work.

Martin
Martin
Price: 2.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, save for the ending which was a bit infuriating, 12 Dec 2012
This review is from: Martin (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book and could hardly put it down. A bit of a rarity for me!

I enjoyed the character of Martin greatly and found him quite hilarious at times. My only slight complaint is the ending, hence the 4 stars instead of 5. I rushed towards it with zeal expecting something to explain events, but I felt I wasn't given this. While I enjoy books that leave me to interpret the ending in a manner I see fit, I thought this book was left perhaps a little too open ended. I hope dearly for a follow up to tie up those loose ends.

However I wouldn't let this lack of resolution dissuade you from purchasing the book, as for such a low price it will no doubt give you much enjoyment and only minor frustration at the end.

Page: 1 | 2