Profile for Simon M Garrett (author of Teddy and the Darkgate) > Reviews

Content by Simon M Garret...

Simon M Garrett (author of Teddy and the Darkgate) (Aberystwyth)

Yorkshire Decaffeinated Tea Bags 80s 250g
Yorkshire Decaffeinated Tea Bags 80s 250g
Offered by E.U. Xtores
Price: 5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Decaf, 28 Jun 2014
I've tried a lot of decaf teas because - as a near-chain-tea-drinker - I can't only drink caffeinated tea unless I want to twitch and make sudden, unexpected squeaking noises all the time. Most decaf teas taste like soaked cardboard juice, one even tastes of fish (PG Tips decaf), so I didn't hold much hope for this one. I was wrong, Yorkshire Tea Decaffinated tastes like real tea - admittedly not the best tea, but actual-tea none-the-less. It's the only decaf tea I will buy from now on.

Reading Upside Down
Reading Upside Down
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 3 Oct 2013
Funny, touching and clever. I loved it! Full of characters that I now feel if met and care for. RECOMMENDED!

Swimming Home
Swimming Home
by Deborah Levy
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully paced and full of pathos, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Swimming Home (Paperback)
This is a five-star book. Why? Mostly because it is wonderfully observed -- the flawed people in it, and the demi-goddess of Kitty, slip around each other and grind up against each other, illustrating little aspects of being human that, when taken as a whole, full the book with the feeling that we understand a lot more than was said.

The words are crafted; the symbolism is not there to make it more literary; it's there to add to the unsettling feeling that something is happening just beyond our ken. Quite simply, I loved this book so much that I kissed it when it was finally over, and shed a tear, and felt like it had made me a fuller person.

Thank you Deborah Levy for all the time you spent getting it right.

Evernote
Evernote
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars What would I do without Evermore?!, 25 Dec 2012
This review is from: Evernote (App)
Rally nicely made for KindleFire HD. Smooth and easy to use. Allows me to keep all my notes in sync across all my devices, iOS an Android alike.

Made to Stick: Why some ideas take hold and others come unstuck
Made to Stick: Why some ideas take hold and others come unstuck
by Dan Heath
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, interesting, effective., 18 Feb 2012
I was very impressed with this book. It's not often that a book makes a difference to your business but this has already done that, and I'm only half-way through.

Now, I don't care if the rest of the book was written while Chip and Dan were drunk on 60% Romanian vodka, what I've read so far is brilliant! I was an academic and I am a businessman (Aispire consulting, look us up on Facebook), which is relevant because as an ex-academic I'm in a position to say that the research and writing quality, and the precision of their arguments, is second-to-none. I'm also able to talk about the value this book has had in helping me to explain, crisply and in tight focus, that my business is will help my clients make money. (I'm an also an author - see "Teddy and the Darkgate" here on Amazon - so I appreciate all the hard work these guys must have gone to to make a book that's this detailed.)

Chip and Dan Heath, thank you both.