Profile for Andover Cook > Reviews

TFA Triple Time Xl Digital Timer
TFA Triple Time Xl Digital Timer
Price: 14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned, 3 Dec 2012
The timer is not a triple countup timer .... only a triple countdown timer. It is a good timer if a triple countdown will suffice but it's a shame it isn't clear that it is a single count up timer.

Microlabs SOLO6c System Audio 2.0 Speaker - Wooden Case
Microlabs SOLO6c System Audio 2.0 Speaker - Wooden Case
Price: 73.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 Nov 2012
Bought these for my plasma TV as the speakers in the TV aren't as good as I like. The speakers will need a few weeks to loosen but they are ideal for TV use and really excellent vallue as the last time I needed something comparable it was 120 on speakers and a further 200 or so on an amp and a lot of space taken. Downsides, would have preferred a better RC and have bought a programmable RC to replace and the volume and bass and treble need resetting each time you swtich it off for the night and back on again the following day.

EDITED TO ADD: It's taken around three weeks for these speakers to loosen and I am genuinely thrilled to bits with them. I am unable to reconcile the price with the quality of sound. If you hate the thinness of your TV speakers and have the space these are wonderful.

Puri Press
Puri Press

1.0 out of 5 stars It cut me ......!?!?, 18 Oct 2012
This review is from: Puri Press (Kitchen & Home)
Hate to give this a single star really. It's made in India and has very sharp edges. Wouldn't meet any UK safety standard. It cut me badly when I tried to put it together. The supplier TheRedHotShop were not as helpful as I expect from Amazon traders as they said they wouldn't reimburse my postage unless they decided something was wrong with it. Too much hassle - so I binned it.

Logitech Mini Wireless Boombox - Black
Logitech Mini Wireless Boombox - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Oct 2012
My first one was distorted ... so returned for a refund. That is why Amazon IS Brilliant!

The second is brilliant. This isn't intended for people wishing to make their phone or Ipad the main source of music at home. This speaker will in tghat situation dissapoint. But as a travel speaker for an Ipad it is disarmingly good.

Kenwood SJM250 Metal Jug Kettle - Stainless Steel
Kenwood SJM250 Metal Jug Kettle - Stainless Steel
Price: 29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as well designed as the old one ..... only ONE panel!, 15 Sep 2012
We bought this to replace our (we thought) identical model that had "stopped". It boils and works as a kettle well and is faster than our old one. But they have only put the glass fill scale on one side. So the picture shows the ONLY filler window. The old one had it both sides so people that hold it in either the left hand or right hand will find it usable. I hold the jug in my left hand to fill it. I therefore cannot see how far I'm filling it. This seems a really silly thing to do to try and save a few pennies. Dissapointed.

Puppet Theatre
Puppet Theatre

2.0 out of 5 stars Great toy badly packaged, 11 Jan 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Puppet Theatre (Toy)
We purchased this for our grandchildren and it is good value. However it was sent in a flimsy cardboard box that was broken by the time the toy had arrived and the theater itself had split. So we have attempted to stick it together using superglue. It needs to be packaged suitably.

Philips HD9220/20 Airfryer Healthier Oil Free Fryer, Black
Philips HD9220/20 Airfryer Healthier Oil Free Fryer, Black
Offered by SPARES-2-GO
Price: 99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the claims, 20 Nov 2011
I've had this for a few weeks and I think Philips has understated the functionality of this. I have a well eqiped kitchen but I'm using this more and more. It's not an item that will end up stored in the garage.

Firstly - chips! I use Maris Piper, cut large; blanche them in boiling water for 3 minutes; let the water evaporate off and cool; then I use some olive oil to cover them (using my hands!) and cook them for around 15 minutes at 160 followed by 15 minutes at 180. They never stick, they are crisp outside and fluffy and flavoursome inside. THEY ARE MUCH BETTER THAN DEEP FRIED CHIPS - I know because I have Lincat professional double fryers - and they are now in the garage. I even now use it for my roast potatos.

I've also been experimenting. Because they are "Air" they are also great at things like warming croissants. Bring the temp up to max then pop a croissant in for 2 to 3 minutes. Crisp just like in France. Also ..... chestnuts! 30 minutes at 160. I've also done some great Char Siu Pork. Because it blows air and the meat doesn't sit on a surface - it cooks without burning sugars. It's also great at sausages ..... Anyway if in doubt .... buy.

BRITA Elemaris Meter XL Black Water Filter Jug
BRITA Elemaris Meter XL Black Water Filter Jug
Price: 16.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely perplexed, 9 Dec 2010
I'm completely perplexed by these .....

We have bought several of these (dumbly) thinking that we were simply unlucky with the previous ones. Brita specialise in making jug water filters but on each of ours the cover of the spout sticks and the water goes everywhere. The water also doesn't empty fully from the filler section in the top into the bottom - so when you pour water it comes out of the top as well as through the spout. So you get a cascade in all directions.

Finally the level of the top section isn't straight but slopes down towards the handle. So when you fill it to the top it leaks out the back all over the place.

How did they manage to design such a poor jug?

The Foodie Handbook: The (almost) Definitive Guide to Gastronomy
The Foodie Handbook: The (almost) Definitive Guide to Gastronomy
by Pim Techamuanvivit

1.0 out of 5 stars Content free, 19 July 2009
This is the first hook I ever returned. There are too many pictures of the authoer and not enough of food! Typical foodie advice is stuff like "10 things you must do ....... first buy the best ingredients ....

In my view a complete waste of time.

Page: 1 | 2