Profile for Katylou > Reviews

Dvd ~ Hugh Bonneville
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series, 1 Feb 2013
What fantastic viewing...

I was a latecomer to this series as am quite often not at home to watch on a Sunday evening so have only recently caught up but boy am I glad I did.

The number of viewers it has speaks for itself and the story of life at Downton os captivating from beginning to end.

one thing I would say, however, is that if you only intend to watch it once then perhaps think about watching it through streaming instead of buying. All three series are now available to stream through various services. Just a though to save the

Jasper? Hale Yes! - Womens T-Shirt - Fanpire - Large - White
Jasper? Hale Yes! - Womens T-Shirt - Fanpire - Large - White
Offered by Dressdown
Price: 12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars a must for any jasper fan, 1 Feb 2013
I love this t shirt though the sizing is definitely on the small size so take this into account before buying. On the other hand it arrived promptly, wears and washes well and keeps its shape well. Material is quite thin so i do tend to wear a vest top underneath it and certainly no coloured underwear!

We're Going on a Bear Hunt
We're Going on a Bear Hunt
by Michael Rosen
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant story, 1 Feb 2013
This is one of my all time favourite childrens books - loved by teachers and pupils alike.

The kids i take care of all love this story. and its one of my particular favourites to read at story time.

I have aloso just bough a copy for my 6 week old son as I would like him to grow up enjoying reading as much as his mum.

The story is fun and interesting, the pictures are bright and interesting to look at and overall the whole thing creates a great story to read aloud and et the kids involved in.

Monkey Puzzle
Monkey Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful story for kids, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Monkey Puzzle (Paperback)
I have just bought a range of Julia's books for my 6 week old son as I love her stories. I read them to my class of kids in work and knew from the start I would be buying them for my own kids.
Perfect for kids of any age, they are entertaining and colourful from start to finish. The stories give great opportunity for different voices and intonation when reading them to keep interest of younger children who may not understand the story and for older children who do understand the story - they are just so entertaining anyway.
Hoping my little boy will grow up to read as much as his mum and Julia Donaldson books are the perfect way o set him off on that track.

A Squash and A Squeeze
A Squash and A Squeeze
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful for kids, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: A Squash and A Squeeze (Paperback)

The Smartest Giant in Town
The Smartest Giant in Town

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story for kids, 1 Feb 2013

Room on the Broom
Room on the Broom

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat Julia Donaldson for kids, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Room on the Broom (Paperback)

A Real Boy: How Autism Shattered Our Lives - and Made a Family from the Pieces
A Real Boy: How Autism Shattered Our Lives - and Made a Family from the Pieces
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a lovely uplifting story, 24 Jan 2013
After working with children with Autism for the last 5 years I was really looking forward to reading this. It didn't disappoint.

David is a challenging but wholly rewarding child and is clearly loved dearly by his family. His escapades are amusing and I was really disappointed when I finished the book and could no longer feel involved in his life.

Most people are unaware of the challenges families of people with autism face and this book was great at providing a short insight into a fascinating world.

I feel privileged to have been a part of his life for the short time it took me to read the book.

Anne of Green Gables Complete Text (Charming Classics)
Anne of Green Gables Complete Text (Charming Classics)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story to read over and over, 24 Jan 2013
One of my 3 favourite books.

Definitely one for the girls but a lovely story for adults and children alike. In fact, all children should be made to read this book somewhere along the line.

It's such a shame this book doesn't have the same recognition as stories like Pride and Prejudice or Little Women.

Fifty Shades of Grey: 1/3
Fifty Shades of Grey: 1/3
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 24 Jan 2013
Awfully, awfully written! But soooo addictive. Couldn't put any of them down. Read the whole set in 5 days. It was a good job I was on holiday from work when I started the set.

Probably not the series for the blokes out there and has been read by pretty much every woman on the planet so not sure there's anyone left to read it but if there are any of you ladies left yet to read it I definitely recommend it.

Don't expect to be wowed by the language, and the same phrases are used over and over but the base story is good and its pure fun fun fun.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3