Profile for J. Gradwell > Reviews

Content by J. Gradwell

J. Gradwell "Reviews by Alex (venomtheevil)"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Doctor Who - The Clockwise Man (New Series Adventure 1)
Doctor Who - The Clockwise Man (New Series Adventure 1)
by Justin Richards

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good ninth Doctor story, 22 Jan 2009
Ah Doctor Who classic Sci Fi its rebirth in 2005 was amazing! While some old hardcore fans didnt enjoy it. And I do understand why but I really really enjoyed the new update. So then lets review the first of the spin off novels!

It is with one of personal fav Doctors the Ninth and Rose we are taken to the 1920s. In the middle of a murder plot! But are the killers human?

I liked this novel would have made a good episode or episode arc. Plus its always nice to see more Ninth Doctor!

Death Note: L change the WorLd [2008] [DVD]
Death Note: L change the WorLd [2008] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ken'ichi Matsuyama

5.0 out of 5 stars A great spin off for fans of Death Note!, 14 Jan 2009
Well I am a big Death Note fan to say the least! Its my all time best manga for me. I enjoyed all of the high level mind games and overall plot. I also enjoyed the films,the anime and also the spin off novel as well.

Now this is the new movie a spin off for L from Death Note. I found this movie a little flawed at points. Plus the story since it is not based of the main plotlines isnt quite up to the normal level.

However.

I give this movie 5 stars not because of a budget or amazing plot. It is just a very good watch with lots of fun. It makes a great add on for Death Note fans who want more.

Beware if you did not like L from Death Note you might not enjoy this film. Neverless good film.

Death Note: A Novel: Another Note
Death Note: A Novel: Another Note
by Nisioisin

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic spin off!, 18 Dec 2008
I love Death Note. So in case you cant tell by the 5 stars up there I love this too.

I would like to point out a reviewer on here says this is fan fiction. Which is isnt the facts about the story are in the timeline in volume 13 also it is part of the Death Note story.

Also Kira (Light) fans may not enjoy this book as it is a book that is not about the Kira side of things more like L and Wammys house.

Now lets start the review.

Set two years before the story of Death Note. The main cast are Naomi,(remember her the FBI guys girlfriend?) L and a killer who goes by Beyond Birthday... (Who is new to this novel but is in volume 13 also.)

Naomi and L must hunt down this pycho killer with wit and thinking alone.
There are some others people from the manga in here but I aint telling anything.

The story of this (short) book had me all the way and its a real page turner. Beyond the villain of the novel is a great new coming to the story and a awesome pycho. (Almost at Kira level!)

All in all a great read must have if you loved the manga as I did.

Marvel Zombies
Marvel Zombies
by Robert Kirkman

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome idea!, 15 Dec 2008
This review is from: Marvel Zombies (Hardcover)
So you like comics? Like Marvel comics? Like zombies? Like dark black comedy?

If you awnsered yes to all those buy this comic!

Even if you think its stupid idea give it a shot. Its got a very good plot line (oddly) and great comedy. lots of Marvel in jokes and so much more well worth a read if you are a comic fan!

Plus who cant love zombie spiderman?

Death Note: How to Read v. 13
Death Note: How to Read v. 13

5.0 out of 5 stars A fans dream., 15 Dec 2008
Okay so you finshed Death Note (12 is the last volume this is a bonus) the amazing manga that it is. If you loved it like everyone I know and got into it get this now. I mean it right now.

This is not a manga as such but a bonus that gives you ALL of the facts you will ever need to know about this manga series. It has interviews with the author and artist, lots of bios (Which were not made by the author of Death Note so facts may or may not be canon) plus tons of other facts and tidbits!

It also has the pilot chapter which Death Note was reworked from which is a great read with all apart from one new cast!

All in all best thing for fans ever of the manga!

Death Note, Volume 12
Death Note, Volume 12

5.0 out of 5 stars The battle ends here., 14 Dec 2008
This review is from: Death Note, Volume 12 (Paperback)
The final volume of the quite frankly amazing manga series Death Note is at least in my view the best. Everything you would hope for in a final. A epic showdown massive stakes at hand and only one side is gonna walk out of this alive. The odds are 50/50 Gods or geniuses who will win?

I wont tell anything here but I loved the ending. I can see why some wouldnt but it is a fantastic way to close one of the best things I have ever been lucky to be a fan of. Oh and yes this ends all of the plot points the battle with Mello Near and Kira is over.

Overall I read this whole series a little while back and I now own the extra volume,the anime,the films and the spin off novel and loved all of it! (reviews of them will come later on)

Death Note, Volume 11
Death Note, Volume 11

5.0 out of 5 stars The final is coming!, 14 Dec 2008
This review is from: Death Note, Volume 11 (Paperback)
So the penultimate (not counting volume 13 which is a bonus) volume of the hit and my personal choice manga Death Note!

Now with the battle with the Wammys house members and Kiras is starting to end Light must work out how he can win this battle. Wammys house must do the same.

I love this series with all of my geekdom and keep reading because if you got this far you should keep on going.

Death Note: Volume 10
Death Note: Volume 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Kira vs Near, 14 Dec 2008
This review is from: Death Note: Volume 10 (Paperback)
In volume 10 of the hit Death Note manga things as always take a turn. Now with Near (N) closing in on Light Light has little to do he has to keep his cards close as all sides of the battle are not in his favor anymore. Now with the members of wammys house on his tail can Light win?

Now I love this series please keep reading it is always a treat!

Death Note, Volume 9
Death Note, Volume 9

5.0 out of 5 stars It may slow down but its as fantastic as ever!, 8 Dec 2008
This review is from: Death Note, Volume 9 (Paperback)
In volume 9 of Death Note the battle shifts with a real mind games going on. It also helps that you have a storywhich I admit aint like it used to be at the start. But its great and never really gives in and the deep story keeps getting more complex. The fight with Kira and M and N (Near and Mello) is getting heated and I still love this series. My only problems are that I like L much more than these two (M and N) but thats just my view. Just read this series and keep at it.

Death Note, Volume 8
Death Note, Volume 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Kira vs two L's, 4 Dec 2008
This review is from: Death Note, Volume 8 (Paperback)
Now it gets intresting Mello and Near (N and M the new letters in town) are hear to stay.... and to give make Light's (Kira) life hell.

So now the all out brawl of minds keeps on going and now the Kira's vs the Letter's fight is even bigger than before. The only flaw in the later volumes is that its a little more well slow. But that does not really matter its still a great manga.

----Alex Gradwell/Venomtheevil----