ARRAY(0xac684fc0)

Profile for Sara Davies > Reviews

Content by Sara Davies

Sara Davies (UK)

Don't Ever Tell: Kathy's Story: A True Tale of a Childhood Destroyed by Neglect and Fear
by Kathy O'Beirne
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars UNBELIEVABLE, 19 Jun 2007
After Kathy decided not to go ahead on lie lab then there is no way that this book should still be being sold as non -fiction. I feel that she hasn't done us other authors - that have spoken about our abused childhoods any favours what so ever. We write in the hope of helping others. None of us do this just to make a fast buck.
If Kathy's story is true then she should have taken the test, especially if she went as far as to put herself on TV. Not many people are going to believe that what she has said is true now, which has not done any author who has spent months,years tearing their heart out while they dredge up all of the terrible memories of their lost childhoods - in the hope of helping others - any justice.
Sara Davies author of Running from the Devil, a very real account of a stolen childhood.

A Piece Of Cake
A Piece Of Cake
by Cupcake Brown
Price: 6.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking and so sad., 20 Feb 2007
This review is from: A Piece Of Cake (Paperback)
At first when reading this book I thought that the author was going into a little too much detail. But as I read on, I could see exactly why she had. This is one of the most descriptive books that I've ever read. All through it, I could vision this authors life.

This is definitely one that should be turned into a movie.

Well done to Cupcake for being so bravely honest! After such a devastating life, you have shown the world that it is possible to turn from victim to survivor!

Like many of us authors that have written about this subject know, its not easy to be so honest sometimes. Yet to be honest is the only way of giving others an understanding of child abuse and the after effects.

Cupcake has done this brilliantly. Well done!

A House Full of Whispers
A House Full of Whispers
by Sharon Wallace
Price: 10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A House Full of Whispers, 20 Feb 2007
As you know, I've just finished reading your book. First of all thank you for sharing your story with the world, your kind heart, and ability to make your readers laugh - even though your story was very tragic and sad at times.

As a fellow survivor and author, I can understand just how hard it must

have been for you to relive all of the terrible events that consumed your life for such a long time. Personally I found it extremely difficult to do. But I like yourself persevered in the hope of helping others - to have an understanding of what happens every day, all around us. And hopefully the more this subject is talked about, the easier it will be for people to come forward, either for help, or to help someone in desperate need.

Sharon you come across as a very honest and open woman. Within the first

few pages of your book I had an awful lot of respect and admiration for you. Well done for having the strength and determination that it takes to write about and therefore relive your past in the hope of helping others!

I'm sure that your book has and will keep on doing an awful lot of good. Again thank you so much for sharing your story with the world.

This book truly captures the reality of abuse.

Sara Davies Author of Running from the Devil

Please, Daddy, No: A Boy Betrayed
Please, Daddy, No: A Boy Betrayed
by Stuart Howarth

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done, 26 Sep 2006
Hi Stuart, I saw you on the This Morning show today. I would simply like to say well done to you. As a fellow survivor and author I could almost feel your pain today, the feelings that we feel while dredging up all of those terrible events are unbearable, but it will be worth it if our honesty only helps one victim of child abuse. The way that you handled your interview was amazing and you will be a true inspiration to many victims/survivors! Keep writing and I will be reviewing your book again once I receive my copy.

I wish you all the best,

Sara Davies