Profile for Mrs. Caroline Baines > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Caroline ...

Mrs. Caroline Baines

Page: 1 | 2
Sense & Sensibility
Sense & Sensibility
by Joanna Trollope
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great update!, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Sense & Sensibility (Hardcover)
I bought this as a Christmas present for someone & read it myself before wrapping it! Despite liking both Jane Austen & Joanna Trollope, I wasn't sure I'd like it ,as I've loathed all the Pride & Prejudice "sequels" & won't now touch them. But an "update" intrigued me & I really enjoyed this. I thought JT was very clever in the way she "modernised" it & stuck very closely to the original storyline. A really enjoyable read.

Patrick Leigh Fermor: An Adventure
Patrick Leigh Fermor: An Adventure
by Artemis Cooper
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A present for someone else, 16 Aug 2013
The rating is actually a lie as I haven't read the book! I bought it as a present for someone who shares my enjoyment of PLF's work & haven't had feedback from him since he read it, if he has had time to do so. I asked to borrow it back from him to read myself when he had read it but have not yet seen it back. Must remember to talk to donee about the book, his views & borrowing it.

10x T0715 FCI Compatible Ink Cartridges to replace Epson T0715 (Contains: 4x T0711, 2x T0712, 2x T0713, 2x T0714)
Offered by First Call Inks
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what I want it to well but I haven't tried printing photos, 16 Aug 2013
Very good price compared with the printer's own brand & I have no complaints for what I have used the inks for but not yet used them for photosa so can't comment about that function.

Tech air 17.3 inch Lightweight Slimline Super Sleeve for Laptops with Carry Strap
Price: 7.89

5.0 out of 5 stars A present for someone else, 16 Aug 2013
The donee chose this & is very pleased with it, preferring it to more expensive options! I understand she continues to find it all she wants it to be.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - 20 (Kindle)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - 20 (Kindle)
Price: 20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A present for someone else, 16 Aug 2013
The donee, according to her thank you email, seemed pleased to receive it but I know no more. A specific gift card seemed to me to to indicate more thought on my part than a cheque so I was pleased it was available.

The Rolling Stones Complete Recording Sessions 1962-2012
The Rolling Stones Complete Recording Sessions 1962-2012
by Martin Elliott
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Present to someone else, 16 Aug 2013
The donee, to whom this was sent directly & who chose it himself, is very pleased with it & said it provided more than he'd expected. It was a replacement for an earlier edition.

A Celebration of the Life and Art of Frank Hampson - Tomorrow Revisited
A Celebration of the Life and Art of Frank Hampson - Tomorrow Revisited
by Alastair Crompton
Price: 25.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Guessed Response as it was a present to someone else, 16 Aug 2013
I rated this 5 stars as a result of the ecstatic thank you email I got from the donee. I haven't seen the item myself. It was reccommended to me by somone else who also knew the donee.

Canon No 8 Cyan Ink Cartridge (Chromalife 100 Ink, CLI-8C )
Canon No 8 Cyan Ink Cartridge (Chromalife 100 Ink, CLI-8C )
Offered by Allday Officesupplies UK
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, unusable, 10 Nov 2012
This was exactly what I ordered & something I've had satisfactorily many times before. Unfortunately, after sending for it my Canon printer died & I didn't find out it definitely couldn't be mended economically until more than 7 days after the arrival of the ink. My new printer uses different ink cartridges from my old one, so I now have 5 unusuable reserve cartridges. Very annoying & wasteful but not your fault.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2012 2:59 PM GMT

George Harrison: Living in the Material World
George Harrison: Living in the Material World
by Olivia Harrison
Price: 21.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Donee pleased, 24 Aug 2012
Bought this (at his suggestion) for my brother's birthday & had it sent to him direct. He's very pleased with it & particularly to find it signed by Mrs Harrison.

Canon CLI-8M - Chromalife 100 - Magenta Ink Cartridge
Canon CLI-8M - Chromalife 100 - Magenta Ink Cartridge
Price: 10.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon Printer Ink, 15 Jun 2012
I have used this ink satisfactorily for years. This order arrived in the specified time. I have not yet used it.

Page: 1 | 2