Profile for M. G. A. Sluis > Reviews

Breaking Bad: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston
Price: 49.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Best series ever seen, 19 Dec 2013
There are many good series on my list : The Soprano's The Wire etc etc. But this series stand out The acting is phenomenal but the the subject that is chosen for this series is so good and such unknown territory ! And where most series fail to be "believable" This series keeps it up Into the smallest details. No political correct non smoking and other idiotic downers fore this series .This trend is so obnoxious when 20 % of a population smoke how on earth can you make series where you see no cigarette ( see homeland great series but not in the small details ) We as watchers are taken serious We can believe that something like this could happen We all have a monster and Walter White is one of us for better or worse He is a mirror . The last season blew me away and I am sorry the series is over BUT better than lingering on The series went out with a BOOM !

The Lakes : Complete Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
The Lakes : Complete Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Simm
Price: 11.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Simms, 1 Dec 2013
It is always a pleasure to see Simms and in this series he is playing so well and the series are giving such a good picture of that time I loved the series then and still do

Courage to Change: One Day at a Time in Al-Anon II
Courage to Change: One Day at a Time in Al-Anon II
by Al-Anon Family Group
Price: 12.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Also too much higer power, 1 Dec 2013
I just cannot translate the Higher Power thing in something that works for me
I am sorry about that cause the intention is very good But as an atheist it does not work for me !

Our Friends In The North BBC [DVD] [1996]
Our Friends In The North BBC [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Christopher Eccleston
Price: 18.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Still good, 1 Dec 2013
I saw this series long ago and knew I liked them so I bought them and I still like this series very much
The roads people walk are brought to life with great empathy

Paths to Recovery: Al-Anon's Steps, Traditions and Concepts
Paths to Recovery: Al-Anon's Steps, Traditions and Concepts
by Al-Anon Family Group
Price: 15.76

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much higher power, 1 Dec 2013
It is difficult for me to vision a higher power Therefore this is not the book for me I wished there was an atheist version

Upstairs Downstairs - Complete Series 1 and 2 Box Set [DVD] [2011]
Upstairs Downstairs - Complete Series 1 and 2 Box Set [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Keeley Hawes
Price: 7.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than downton, 6 Aug 2013
I cannot imagine what the reasons are of stopping these series . They are more lively and "real than Downton I like that one too but let's face it -it is rather sweet So yes I liked these series !