Profile for Thirts > Reviews

Content by Thirts

Thirts

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Fortunately I had read the reviews, 15 May 2015
Fortunately I had read the reviews, and therefore my expectations were very low, and as such I wasn't disappointed.

It only costs £1.76. and coincidently is overvalued by £1.76.

Didn't work

Microfiber Cleaning Cloths - 10 Colorful Cloths and 2 White ECO-FUSED Cloths - Ideal for Cleaning Glasses, Spectacles, Camera Lenses, iPad, Tablets, Phones, iPhone, Android Phones, LCD Screens and Other Delicate Surfaces (Black/Grey)
Offered by ECO-FUSED UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly good, 28 April 2015
I really didn't expect these to be that good, and I only ordered these as I needed something cheap (that might be useful) to push me over the £10 barrier to get free postage my other item was £9.99).

My glasses are always getting marks on them, and I seem to be forever either cleaning them, which usually means just spreading the greasy marks around, or peering through mucky glasses. I've tried the pre-socked cleaners, and whilst OK, I can quickly go through packs of them.

I don't know how these Cleaning Cloths work without any pre-socked cleaning solution, but they do, and are excellent value.

Little Women
Little Women

1.0 out of 5 stars This was a free download, and that's all it was worth, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Little Women (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't believe how 'wishy washy' this book was and how boringly it was written. How did this achieve 'classic status'?

Prior to reading this, I had just finished Jane Eyre and the difference between the two could not be greater. One was a real page turner with wonderful descriptive writing and one was Little Women

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but loses too much time, 28 Dec. 2013
The watch looks great, and I loved it. But then I realised it was losing between 5-10mins a week. : (

I'll be sending it back and asking for a replacement. I hoping that I have been unlucky with the time keeping on this one as no one else has mentioned it.

If the replacement is a good time keeper I'll re-write this review as the watch looks great
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2014 9:11 PM BST

The Norman Conquest
The Norman Conquest
by Marc Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars Why can't more history books be like tis one?, 8 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Norman Conquest (Paperback)
This is an excellently written book. I had little interest in this period and only bought this book because it had many strong recommendations. It turn out to be a great buy.

Unlike many history books I have read of recent years this is easy to read and in plain English. Many books I have read recently are sometimes difficult to read and understand, and it appears the authors are trying to show just how clever they are. This book is different it is easy to read and understand, no need to re-read sections to appreciate what is being written. However don't mistake easy to read with simplistic, this is an excellent account of this period in European history, and you will finish reading it with a good understanding of the conquest and it's background.

On the strength of this book I bought two other books by this same author:
A Great and Terrible King: Edward I and the Forging of Britain
Castle: A History of the Buildings that Shaped Medieval Britain
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2013 8:00 AM GMT

1830: The North East U.S. Board Game
1830: The North East U.S. Board Game

4.0 out of 5 stars This will not be everybody, 1 Sept. 2013
This is a complex game (by Monopoly standards) but I enjoyed it. I think you really need to be into board games to get anything out of this, casual gamers are likely to be overwhelmed by it.

A Short History of the World (Penguin Classics)
A Short History of the World (Penguin Classics)
by H. G. Wells

2.0 out of 5 stars Just didn't work for me, 14 July 2013
I actually found this a difficult read, and I struggled to finish it.

Other people have rated it highly so perhaps it's just wasn't for me

Righteous Indignation: Excuse Me While I Save the World
Righteous Indignation: Excuse Me While I Save the World
by Andrew Breitbart

4.0 out of 5 stars American based, but an interesting read, 14 July 2013
This is obviously all about America, but I can recognise that some of the issues and concerns he raises are mirrored in the UK. In fact if you changed some of the names, this could be about the UK.

Smartcafe Cafetiere Hot Mug, Red
Smartcafe Cafetiere Hot Mug, Red
Offered by Rocka Group Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars For one person this is far more convenient that a standard cafetiere, 27 Jun. 2013
Great item - For one person this is far more convenient that a standard cafetiere. Now I can have fresh coffee at work rather than the instant rubbish

Doom 3 - BFG Edition (Xbox 360)
Doom 3 - BFG Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by bnhlmt

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised 'on the tin', 23 Jan. 2013
Very dissapointed as the packaging for the game indicates that this can be played as coop without being on-line. Whilst can play Doom 1 and 2 as coop, you need to be on-line for Doom 3.

Technically the advertising package is correct, but it is misleading.

As I wanted a coop, I have returned this item