Profile for Mr. R. M. Lora > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. M. Lora

Mr. R. M. Lora "Roberto Lora" (Jersey)

Page: 1 | 2
Codefree Blood Glucose Monitor/Monitoring Test/Testing Kit+Strips+Lancets+Case - in mmol/L
Offered by SME Fertility

1.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate tool, 30 Aug 2014
Inaccurate readings were displayed to me on the second day of use, as I took a reading a got a surprising result, so retested and kept getting different scores. Now I'm not sure if yesterday's results are valid. I measured five times upon waking and got the following readings 6.6, 4.6, 5.7, 5.0, 4.8.

As you can see there is a lot variation, between 6.6 - 4.6. I don't often write reviews, but I think this is such an important tool, that people should know some units are not fit for purpose.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2014 10:05 AM BST

Julienne Peeler & Vegetable Peeler - Ultra Sharp - Precision Kitchenware - Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by Precision Kitchenware

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it so much I bought three more.., 20 Aug 2014
Amazing kitchen tool. I liked it so much I bought three for my chefs (I manage a four star hotel in Jersey). Its very sharp an extremely well made. Get one - its the last peeler you'll ever need or want. Also last point is the after sales service is very attentive - 5 stars!!

House Number Sign/Plaque Brushed Aluminium & Acrylic--Custom made
House Number Sign/Plaque Brushed Aluminium & Acrylic--Custom made
Offered by UK Sign Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service and product, 14 Aug 2014
Don't leave many reviews, but this product looks great, is priced perfect and I will be buying many more for our hotel.

Recessed 360 Degree PIR Ceiling Occupancy Motion Sensor Detector Light Switch
Recessed 360 Degree PIR Ceiling Occupancy Motion Sensor Detector Light Switch
Offered by The Light Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, cheerful and good, 3 April 2014
Only been using it a while, but no issues so far and works really well. Easy to fit and good quality

The Magnesium Miracle
The Magnesium Miracle
by Carolyn Dean

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 2 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Magnesium Miracle (Paperback)
This book has certainly opened my eyes to the importance of Magnesium in the body, how interacts with calcium and is involved in over 325 processes in the human body. What is also incredible is the amount of people that are deficient in this crucial mineral and the poor knowledge on Magnesium that exists in the public domain as well as, and crucially, in the medical community!

Lugol's Lugols Iodine 15% - 50ml Glass bottle with dropper insert
Lugol's Lugols Iodine 15% - 50ml Glass bottle with dropper insert
Offered by Karowi

5.0 out of 5 stars New lease of life, 13 Sep 2012
These drops have given me so much more energy and focus!I I never realised what I was missing, with an under-active thyroid. Constantly tired and apathetic, with cold extremities in the winter too and very dry and pale skin and hair. Since taking these drops I have noticed I get an extra boost of energy and focus, although nothing like a caffeine hit because its not a nervous energy. I have begun supplementing these drops with other herbs and supplements that aid thyroid function, a very common ailment I have since discovered.

Catch That Tiger - Churchill's Secret Order That Launched The Most Astounding and Dangerous Mission of World War II

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic, 31 Aug 2012
This is a beautiful and exciting story that captures the imagination.. loved it! It is romantic in its feel and is told in a concise manner, without over doing what is already a story of bristling with detail and no small level of danger and intrigue. Well worth a read and offers a snapshot of the sort of bravery and ingenuity that won us the war against an often superior foe.

Healing Night
Healing Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book!!, 21 Jun 2012
This review is from: Healing Night (Kindle Edition)
A Beautiful Book, well written!

It has provided me with a new found respect for the night, where I can allow myself to rest and enjoy this time, giving me a previously untapped pleasure whilst asleep in the form of more lucid and enjoyable dreams as well as an improved sense of well-being throughout the day. I like this book so much I feel like buying it for my friends and family!

Why We Get Fat: And What to Do about It
Why We Get Fat: And What to Do about It
by Gary Taubes
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!!!, 21 Jun 2012
This book has really opened my eyes, revealing how our hormones affect our weight and health. I didn't really need to shed any pounds, but wanted to find out about the current shift in thinking that is taking place in modern nutrition, that ditches the calorie counting (or even glycemic index) paradigm. Then by following some of the conclusions the author has highlighted in his research I have improved my sleep, my mood and lost a stone since starting 8 weeks ago, I am now lean and feel I have reached my ideal weight. My father and sister have also lost weight by following the simple concepts of eating what our ancestors have been nourishing themselves on for 2.5 million years. In some circles its known as the "Paleo diet".

The conclusions the author makes are logical and seem very well backed up. I would recommend this book to anybody wanting to understand how/why the human body stores fat (and develops associated illnesses) and how to avoid that process.

The Protein Power Lifeplan
The Protein Power Lifeplan
by Michael R. Eades

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most important books I've read!, 12 Jun 2012
I have read this book off the back of "Why We Get Fat" by Gary Taubes, and I must say that I thought that book was massively eye-opening in its contents, but this one is just as important and crucial to anybody wishing to improve their LIFE EXPECTANCY and general well-being, not just lose some weight (which you will achieve too!). A bold claim I know, but one that I think this book stands up to, as throughout NEW paradigm shifting concepts are explained well, frequently backed up by scientific studies and above all easy to follow logic. When I take this book in context of the previously mentioned "Why We Get Fat", then it all makes even more sense and I can see that society is in real trouble unless knowledge, like the sort in these pages, makes it into the public consciousness.

We all make healthy decisions all the time, for example choosing a low fat yogurt or taking extra iron, but unfortunately we may be doing more harm to ourselves and I feel that the information within these pages as well as the aforementioned book, will positively change my life and that of my family for good, I hope it can do the same for you and society as a whole. I don't normally bother writing reviews for anything (I know I'm a lazy bugger!) but I just had to express how important it is that we start doing what is REALLY healthy for us as a society, many people will lead happier lives, longer lives and families will have their health, something often taken for granted till its too late.

If you're in doubt whether or not to press that "add to basket" button (like I did a couple of months ago) take the plunge my friend, take the blue pill and sort out your health, but pass it on too. :)

Page: 1 | 2