Profile for Jack Thorne > Reviews

Content by Jack Thorne

Jack Thorne (Manchester, UK)

TeckNet Ultra-Thin iPad Air 2 Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard Cover (UK Layout) with Built-in Stand Groove for Apple iPad Air 2nd Generation With 110 Degree Swivel Rotating
Offered by Hippidion.Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional, not fancy., 18 Jan. 2014
This is a pretty good size keyboard for an on-the-go wireless one, and will last you more than a few writing sessions on the batteries. It works well with my iPhone and means I don't have to lug a laptop around to do some spontaneous coffee shop writing. The keys are responsive and feel comfy enough for several hours of writing. It's never going to win design prizes, but it does the job and isn't nearly as flimsy as some other portable keyboards out there.

I would have given it a solid four stars, but mine arrived with one of the arrow keys missing (as I needed it right away and it was still functional, I didn't bother exchanging it).

The Academy (The Marketplace Series Book 4)
The Academy (The Marketplace Series Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my thing, but well-written and engaging., 31 July 2013
While the story kept me engaged all the way through and the characters are varied and interesting, I couldn't quite get on board with the way Antoniou treats BDSM very much as its own thing in this book (and the other Marketplace books I've read): as its own goal to aspire to and find perfection in, almost like a martial art, and certainly something separate from any romantic or affectionate relationships the masters and slaves involved might want to have. I'm not really interested in anyone's quest for Platonic kink perfection--I'm interested in the relationships between imperfect human beings, and felt I got too little of that for my linking.

JVC 3-Way Foldable On-Ear Headphones with Smart Switch Remote and Mic for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent commuter headphones, 31 July 2013
They work very well with my iPhone 4S; initially they were a bit uncomfortable but I got used to the fit after a while and now I barely notice the band on my head. The sound is as good as I expected (perfect for commuting), and though I personally would prefer more solid bass I've honestly never heard a similarly priced pair of headphones that sounded any better.

BLACK SILICONE GEL S LINE CASE COVER FOR IPHONE 4 4S 4G -- 16GB 32GB 64GB -- including Screen Protector - Part of the Crazy4Fones accessory Range
Offered by Fly Service

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not great., 10 Jan. 2013
Arrived the next day for me. The case itself is okay, but a little loose around the bottom--not enough for the phone to be loose in the case, but just enough to annoy me. However, for the price, I'd say it's a perfectly serviceable case.