Profile for David R. Young > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
You
You

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: You (MP3 Download)
Amazing artist - -fabulous voice and songs.

Bring On the Wonder
Bring On the Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful., 12 Aug 2014
This review is from: Bring On the Wonder (MP3 Download)
Wonderful song -- had to find out who it was as soon as I heard it.

Songmics 5 Tier bamboo bathroom shelf rack Stand Bookcase 146cm BCB55Y
Songmics 5 Tier bamboo bathroom shelf rack Stand Bookcase 146cm BCB55Y
Offered by Songmics

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality bamboo., 30 July 2014
Strange - -I was sure I had already reviewed this item?!!! However- -a beautifully made piece of occasional furniture that perfectly displays my collection of VW Beetle model cars.

Seven
Seven

5.0 out of 5 stars Every track!, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Seven (Audio CD)
Its not often that I like every track on an album -- but this is one such. I had never heard of this artist until I heard his track 'Lifelong Lullaby in an episode of the detective series' Life' - (also excellent btw). Love the quality of his voice and the sincerity of his lyrics. Will seek out more of his work!

FMD Glass Display Cabinet Bora 1, 42.0 x 171.0 x 36.0 cm, Oak
FMD Glass Display Cabinet Bora 1, 42.0 x 171.0 x 36.0 cm, Oak

4.0 out of 5 stars Displays items beautifully., 29 May 2014
Firstly let me say that the product, when assembled , is lovely.
It would have 5 stars but for the fact that the flimsy cardboard packaging was in pieces by the time it arrived at my house. For a heavy product containing large sheets of glass the box was just not strong enough. The courier asked me to check inside for damage before I signed for it - - he was so concerned by the package condition.
Assembly was easy and all parts fitted well despite the fact that the instruction sheet was nowhere to be found -- I assume it had fallen through one of the gaping holes in the box!

Dragster Wave
Dragster Wave

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Dragster Wave (MP3 Download)
Love this track -- have put the cd on my wish list. Heard it over the end credits of the movie 'Taken' and had to find it! Will be listening to more of their stuff now to see if i like any more of their music.

Philips HD4644/00 White Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt - 1.7 Litre
Philips HD4644/00 White Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt - 1.7 Litre

3.0 out of 5 stars Pity about the leak, 4 Jan 2013
Like others - I have to say it is such a pity that this otherwise brilliant kettle is spoiled by the leak.It tends to leak into the base after it has been left with water in for a length of time. Because i dont want to stop using this very fast kettle I empty it out completely after I have used it and stand it on the bench away from its electrical base. I suppose if it starts to leak as it boils i will for safety reasons have to replace it -- but sadly I would not buy the same one again until I read that Philips have fixed this fault.

Citizen Eco-Drive Gents' Strap Watch, Solar Powered
Citizen Eco-Drive Gents' Strap Watch, Solar Powered

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic- - -functional., 3 Jan 2013
I wanted a classic looking - -almost old fashioned if you like--analogue watch with a date facility. A date facility that I could actually work out how to set correctly! In the past I have gone for much cheaper battery operated watches which always seemd to be needing new batteries. The eco drive solar powered system with this watch was a key reason for me paying the £70 price. Since it arrived of course there has been little sunlight and mostly rain but it seems to be running perfectly well so far on what little energy it can draw from the grey skies! And yes - -I was able to set the date by following the comprehensive instructions. I am pleased with it up to now but ask me again in two years time whether it is still running and was it worth the extra money! If the answer proves to be in the affirmative - -then it will get 5 stars from me.

HP Deskjet D1660 Printer
HP Deskjet D1660 Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time., 12 Jun 2011
I apologise in advance for adding to the tale of woes that seems to accompany this printer - -it's a shame because for years I owned and used an HP 940C that was absolutely brilliant. The D1660 however is a completely different story - -and I have, like other people, spent hours trying to get the thing to print anything. Most of the time when I try to print it just sits there and does nothing - -oh apart from making some busy clunking sounds as if something exciting is going to happen. A check in the printer menu will reveal that my document is pending - -and pending---and pending....you get the idea. And you can forget about deleting the thing - -no chance. Often what ultimately happens is that my system freezes completely. Today I have given this lamentable machine three last chances and am now about to pull the plug on it permanently as I wish to retain at least some of my remaining grey hairs. Avoid this printer at all costs.

IXOS® Designed Speaker System With iPod™ & MP3 Audio Inputs & Clock Radio
IXOS® Designed Speaker System With iPod™ & MP3 Audio Inputs & Clock Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent mp3 speakers, 6 Jan 2011
Brilliant little piece of kit - -absolute bargain for the money. Perfectly adequate full volume considering small size of the product. The feature though that I love about it the most is the auxillary output socket at the rear which allows me to play my MP3s through my whopping stereo system!!!! The only slight problem i have had is getting the remote to work properly - -and yes i have put a new battery in it - -but it still only seems to work intermittently. However - -it is probably me and any way the buttons on the front of the unit work perfectly well. All in all - -highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2