Profile for Peter Cullen > Reviews

Content by Peter Cullen

Peter Cullen "Narry Borman" (1CCB)

Starter For 10 [DVD] [2006]
Starter For 10 [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ James McAvoy
Offered by Discs4all
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Pathetic special effects, 7 July 2007
This review is from: Starter For 10 [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
This film clearly wasnt ever meant to break any record production costs, Im not even sure it hit the cinema. As a movie fan I know movies and actors and at best I would say the leading actors where just familiar.

I finished watching this film less than a ten minutes ago, I have just bought my own copy. Thats a record for me.

Starter for ten is up their whith other great british cinema, saving grace, elizabeth and of course Restless natives (if you havent watched them, watch them).

Everything works and your left with a great feeling at the end, everything is as it should be. The special effects are the actors, acting with fantastic synergy making a very believable,engrosing film.

The selling points of the film are:

Great acting
Dosent rely on special effects
Great casting
Superb pace trough the film
Fab storey.
Makes you want to buy it.

If your still reading stop and buy or your going to miss a real and rare treat.

Pete

Saving Grace [2000] [DVD]
Saving Grace [2000] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brenda Blethyn
Price: 7.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Naming Grace, 7 Feb 2007
This review is from: Saving Grace [2000] [DVD] (DVD)
What was good about this film. Well I guess you could say the begining the end and every second in between. There are some fabulous performances. In one scene the old bill question two shop keepers. My partner and I where actually crying with laughter. We actually paused the DVD till it wore off. There are some fab heart warming moments and great gag's. ferguson, clunes and co. made up a wonderfull cast But Brenda Blethyn was as per ususal wonderfull..... My Daughter is named grace. Im sure the impression this film left had something to do with that. Buy this film and regret 0 pounds and 00.0 pence of it.

One Summer - The Complete Series (2 Disc Set) [1983] [DVD]
One Summer - The Complete Series (2 Disc Set) [1983] [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Morrissey
Price: 10.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 Feb 2007
This really is a top notch piece of brit drama. If you like to be sucked in and captivated then this is for you. It's a classic. I have checked periodically for ten years to catch the release of this series. After 20years I couldnt put one summer out of my mind. It was well worth the wait. for 7 a copy everybody should own it. Go buy it. :)

Restless Natives [DVD] [1985]
Restless Natives [DVD] [1985]
Dvd ~ Vincent Friell
Price: 9.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, yes, yessy yes, 28 Aug 2005
Thank god! How long has it taken for this to reach DVD. Welcome to my most favorite film.
The amount of films I have watched more than once is a very modest list. Im not a fan of over watching. This though is the exception to the rule.
The whole film is packed, with action and runs at an exciting pace, it has everything, strong story, love, rebelion, comedy and without a shadow of doubt the most amazing feel good factor that was ever captured on screen. In my humble opinion this film will never be topped or the ingrosing quality of the fim duplicated. This one is definatly a must have.

The Wraith [DVD] [1987]
The Wraith [DVD] [1987]
Dvd ~ Charlie Sheen

5.0 out of 5 stars American Cheese, 28 Aug 2005
This review is from: The Wraith [DVD] [1987] (DVD)
This film is definatly the father of american feel good factor. The very foundation that Never been kissed, she's all that and many more were built on. I have to say finding this copy was an absolute prize. The suprising thing for me is that after 17 years of special effects development this film still stands up, if for no other reason than its a great film, with a great story and was well acted, The Cars are absolutly fantastic, the black Turbo is superb its allways stuck in my mind and was great to see it on a big screen. I loved it then and love it still.