Profile for DBM > Reviews

DBM

Bell Ukon Blue / Silver Uni-Size Adult Sport Helmet
Bell Ukon Blue / Silver Uni-Size Adult Sport Helmet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great helmet, 22 Jun 2011
Bought this for obvious protection if I were to fall off the bike.

Did a bit of research and went for this one. Very pleased with it too. Fits nicely even on my rather small head which is nice. The straps fit well around the ears and are comfortable. It doesn't slip around once on and the removeable visor is a nice touch.

Luckily I don't know how tough this is as I haven't fallen off yet but it feels strong and like it could take quite a hit.

Recommend this one highly.

Moon Gem 2.0 Rear Fully Rechargeable Light - Black, 5 x 3 x 1.6 cm
Moon Gem 2.0 Rear Fully Rechargeable Light - Black, 5 x 3 x 1.6 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little lights, 22 Jun 2011
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Rear Light (Sports)
Got these to help commuting to and from work. I live in the countryside therefore no street lights at all.

The light is bright and gives good vision to avoid the potholes and pitfalls on the roads around home and has various beam, full beam, strobe and flashing settings which are easy to switch through while riding if you wish to. They charge from a USB port on your computer and I've never run out of charge yet.

Fits nicely on the bike but I have a feeling the rubber strap may not last forever. Either way I feel these lights are great value for the money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2011 1:47 PM BST

Beto Mini Pump CMP-008 - 2 Way Alloy RVS Head With Gauge
Beto Mini Pump CMP-008 - 2 Way Alloy RVS Head With Gauge

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little pump, 22 Jun 2011
Bought this to replace an old pump and wanted something to fit neatly onto the bike.

Quite efficient at pumping up my tyres and fits nicely on the bike under the water bottle cage and isn't in the way.

The pump fits well on both valve types. As to how good it is at pumping to the top end pressure I wouldn't know but I'm sure it would do well in an emergency.

Very good for the price I reckon.

Avenir Comfy Deluxe Gel Bike / Cycle Comfort Seat / Saddle Mens Black
Avenir Comfy Deluxe Gel Bike / Cycle Comfort Seat / Saddle Mens Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Miles better than my old saddle, 22 Jun 2011
I haven't been on the bike this much since I was 12 but as I'm in training for the London to Cambridge Bike Ride I figured I'd treat myself to a new saddle to ease the pain from my old rock solid one. And it works!

Find it very comfortable and although I haven't done more than 20 miles on it yet it really is easy on the backside region. Padded in the cheek area with a groove to release pressure on the other bits.

Very happy with it for the price and have already recommended to others. Relatively easy to fit and a handy reflective strip on the back too.

Tenn-Outdoors Men's 8 Panel Professional Moulded Pad Cycling Shorts - Black/yellow, Medium/32-34 Inch
Offered by Tenn Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars comfy little number!, 10 Jun 2011
I am by no means Lance Armstrong and despite having rather skinny legs I found these fitted well and kept all the bits and pieces out of the way!
As I have entered into the London-Cambridge bike ride for the first time I thought it was about time to get something to ease the saddle pain a bit.
I haven't been for any long runs yet but on the trips I've done they fit well, are comfortable and don't ride up either.
Great value for money in my limited opinion but as for how long they will last the keener cyclist only time will tell.

Phoenix Squadron: HMS Ark Royal, Britain's last Topguns and the untold story of their most dramatic mission
by Rowland White

4.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Historical Account of something I never knew about!, 10 Jun 2011
Having read and been captivated by Vulcan 607 while on holiday last year I looked for more from the Author.
This one popped up and I bought it for this years annual relaxing read by the pool. I was not disappointed.

The author writes in such a way that it reads more like a novel than an accuarate military history and despite all the accronyms (which you can look up in a useful glossary in the back if you forget what they stand for!) I couldn't put it down.

A truely epic story of the British grit and determination to protect what was ours despite the political unrest at the time. The bravery of the crews involved in this sortie was captured by the Author in a brilliant portrayal of all involved.

I also learnt about a piece of British Military History that I never had a clue had happened so every day can be a school day, albeit a more interesting school day!

A highly recommended read for anyone with interest in the Fleet Air Arm or any of the armed forcesfor that matter.

I look forward to the Authors next book with anticipation and will probably get it before next years holiday!