Profile for Babs > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Classic Words Free
Classic Words Free

1.0 out of 5 stars Loved it but...., 4 May 2014
This review is from: Classic Words Free (App)
It has now crashed. Perhaps because I kept winning? There is the possibility to report a problem via the Kindle app section but when I wrote the report it wouldn't send. Disappointing. When it worked it was almost as good as playing against a real person: it only allowed me to win so often as it doesn't have the tactics and strategies that a human opponent might have - also it allows some very odd American words. Humvee for example! But I loved it when it was working and I miss it now as it was good practice.

Miyuki Seed beads 11/0 576 - Dyed Smoky Opal S/L Alabaster
Miyuki Seed beads 11/0 576 - Dyed Smoky Opal S/L Alabaster

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 21 Feb 2014
The are delicas and not seed beads. I now cannot finish my necklace until I find a stockist of Miyuki 576 seed beads as the shapes don't match.

The Telegraph
The Telegraph

4.0 out of 5 stars Puzzle section doesn't always work., 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Telegraph (App)
I'd have given this the full 5 stars but I have trouble with the crossword puzzle section. When I first downloaded it I was able to do the crosswords and it would keep the partially filled grids so that I could go back to them and carry on playing. All of a sudden this facility has vanished and as soon as I leave a puzzle, all my filled-in clues disappear. Very frustrating.

Otherwise fine - what can you say about a newspaper app.

Calculator Plus Free
Calculator Plus Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but useful, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Calculator Plus Free (App)
It's very clear to read and basic - just what I wanted. I can recommend this if you need a calculator app.

Jill Wiseman's Beautiful Beaded Ropes (Beadweaving Master Class)
Jill Wiseman's Beautiful Beaded Ropes (Beadweaving Master Class)
by Jill Wiseman
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful designs, 12 Feb 2014
I'm still very much a beginner beader but I loved the designs in this book and I'm managing one of the ropes (with a little help from my friends). I look forward to wearing it and trying others. Yes, they're far from basic designs but it's clearly set out and illustrated and the instructions are well written. Some beautiful and inspiring ideas in the photo gallery too.

Danielle Handbag Organiser Beige/ Cream
Danielle Handbag Organiser Beige/ Cream
Price: 17.60

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm delighted with this., 12 Feb 2014
To make sure it would fit in as many of my bags as possible I cut out a piece of paper to the same dimensions and tried it out in them , allowing for the fact that it would probably be packed full when in use, as I was worried that it might be too big. I needn't have worried - it fits all but my tiniest bags and the quality is superb. I wish I'd bought one sooner as it saves moving stuff from one bag to another and accidentally leaving something behind. It was more than I'd wanted to pay but I couldn't be happier with it. The colour is elegant and the fabric and zips appear to be of a high quality.

5 Star Envelopes Wallet Press Seal 90gsm White DL [Pack of 500]
5 Star Envelopes Wallet Press Seal 90gsm White DL [Pack of 500]
Price: 11.87

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish and a waste of money., 12 Feb 2014
These are quite possibly the worst envelopes that I've ever bought and I'm furious to be saddled with 500 of them. There's barely any adhesive and they have to be sellotaped to keep the flap closed. The quality of the envelopes themselves isn't in question: the paper is white and their thickness is fine but you get what you pay for and I should have paid more!

Slow Cooking: Mouthwatering recipes with minimum effort
Slow Cooking: Mouthwatering recipes with minimum effort
Price: 7.43

1.0 out of 5 stars Lovely recipes but an appalling format for the Kindle., 28 Jan 2014
I would love to cook many of the delicious recipes from this book but there are only location numbers given, the index at the end only gives page numbers for them and there is no bar that you can pull down at the top of the page with a Go To option. It's almost impossible to find a recipe again as you have to flick through every page and many are on coloured paper which doesn't show the text clearly. But unlike some other reviewers I hadn't expected it to be a book of slowcooker
recipes, and I wasn't disappointed in the content. I may just have to buy a copy as it's useless on my Kindle. Beware.

Strawberry Pattern Mesh Nylon Laundry Underwear Bra Washing Bag
Strawberry Pattern Mesh Nylon Laundry Underwear Bra Washing Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 6 Jan 2014
2 36EE bras are a snug fit in this but it can be done with care. I also use it for tights as it stops them coming out of the washing machine tangled up like knitting.

Notebooks
Notebooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Notebooks (App)
I got off to a slow start with this and thought it might have been a mistake but I recently needed a notepad and didn't have one with me so I tried again with this and I now refer to it all the time. I have lists of books to read, things to do, Christmas presents and food, garden info, travel info, reminders... I now have loads of notebooks books within the app and I'm always coming up with new ones to add. Really pleased I downloaded it now.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7