Profile for Babs > Reviews

Content by Babs

Babs (Buckinghamshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
VonHaus 6ft (1.8m) Folding Trestle Table for Picnic/Garden/Beach/Camping/Parties Free 2 Year Warranty
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks very good on first inspection - time will tell., 9 April 2016
This has only been unpacked, assembled and inspected so although I'm giving it 5 stars I must emphasise that it hasn't been used and if it should prove to be not up to the job - which I sincerely hope won't be the case - then I'll adjust the review. On inspection it looks sturdy. It was fairly difficult to prise the two halves apart, but that's probably a good thing, meaning that they won't flap open when in storage. There is a small logo indented into the top at one end, but if there is someone sitting there with a full place setting, this would be under a plate and shouldn't prove a problem. There is a carrying handle, which isn't apparent until you open it up. We want it for occasional use when entertaining, and also for occasional craft displays and on first viewing, this should be more than adequate for the purpose.

Ladies Elasticated 3cm Belt with Leather Trim / Rounded Buckle. Black
Ladies Elasticated 3cm Belt with Leather Trim / Rounded Buckle. Black
Offered by Sassy You

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, comfortable and good value, 21 Mar. 2016
I have always hated wearing belts but lately have felt the need to do so and this was the comfiest looking belt I could find. It has proved to be an excellent buy and I'm grateful to the reviewer who posted clear information on how to adjust the size of the elastic. The buckle is good quality and the belt, being elasticated , is kinder to the waist than a stiff leather belt.

Souarts Mixed Random Transparent Organza Jewelry Wedding Favour Gift Pouch Bags 9x12cm Pack of 50pcs
Offered by hello-crafts

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 21 Mar. 2016
Good value for money - quality Ok for the price. They certainly would not have been worth the quoted 'full' price

Stitching with Two-Hole Shaped Beads
Stitching with Two-Hole Shaped Beads
by Virginia Jensen

4.0 out of 5 stars Good designs but using some beads that are hard to find., 21 Mar. 2016
There are some lovely patterns and ideas in here but not all of the beads are that easy to find. The cubes used are all two-hole cubes and I haven't found a UK stockist yet - all the cubes I have are single-holed and won't work in the patterns. I made one of the simpler bracelets in Superduos but I found that the ending looked messy, and my beading tutor couldn't make it look any better either - this end of the bracelet did not show in the photograph. Slightly disappointing - until I find the correct beads for some of the designs.

10gr Czech Two Hole Seed Beads SuperDuo 2,5x5 mm EMERALD AB
10gr Czech Two Hole Seed Beads SuperDuo 2,5x5 mm EMERALD AB

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colout but didn't like the finish., 21 Mar. 2016
I should have paid closer attention to the colour as although the jade green is very pretty, I don't like the slightly silvery coating which, to me, makes them look a little cheap when made up.

Spot On Flat Ballerina Slipper / Bow Vamp (Navy, Size 5 UK)
Spot On Flat Ballerina Slipper / Bow Vamp (Navy, Size 5 UK)
Offered by Faulkners Footwear

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and comfortable., 21 Mar. 2016
I would have given these 5 stars if the lining of one hadn't come out, stuck to the sole of my foot, but that hasn't affected me wearing them. They are extremely comfortable and look good. I find it very difficult to get comfortable slippers so I am., in most respects, delighted with these and will order more. I just wish they made them in black.

Replacement 11.1V 4400mAh battery for Dell Studio 1735, 1736, 1737 with PC247's 12 month warranty.
Offered by Electric Depot - UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately a rather short life - 2 to 3 hours max., 12 Mar. 2016
Sadly this doesn't hold the charge for very long. I am currently negotiating a refund from the company, who would prefer to send me a replacement. Apparently a 6 cell battery isn't like to hold a charge for more than 2-3 hours and I wasn't aware of this and was hoping for something with a longer life. Can't fault the delivery service though.

Art of Beaded Beads, The
Art of Beaded Beads, The
by Edited By Jean Campbell

3.0 out of 5 stars Well illustrated and good instructions., 4 Nov. 2015
I was rather disappointed with the beads in this book, but that's a very subjective comment as very few made into anything that I would want to wear. However other beaders might feel differently about the selection. The illustrations are good and the instructions are clear so the fault is with me!

OXO Good Grips Poultry Shears
OXO Good Grips Poultry Shears

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to cut with but mind your fingers!, 4 Nov. 2015
These are wonderful for spatchcocking poultry - I tried it with the turkey last Christmas and that's the way forward for me from now on as the bird cooks in a fraction of the time. They cut cleanly and came apart easily for washing,

Magnetic Crosstitch Stitch Finder Board 27.5cm x 20cm (11 x 8")
Magnetic Crosstitch Stitch Finder Board 27.5cm x 20cm (11 x 8")
Offered by Maries Cross Stitch (UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful., 4 Nov. 2015
This has been very useful for following charts for beadwork. I can keep the pattern still and mark my place with the ruler.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10