Profile for Alan Manning > Reviews

Alan Manning

Gelco Design 702553 Resin Toilet Seat with Beach Motif
Gelco Design 702553 Resin Toilet Seat with Beach Motif

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended!, 24 Nov. 2014
Very disappointing- It was all but impossible to fix the seat securely, and it kept 'sliding' sideways due to the low friction between the seat and the toilet pan. I returned mine for a refund!

Under Suspicion [DVD]
Under Suspicion [DVD]
Dvd ~ Liam Neeson

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a swiz!, 19 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Under Suspicion [DVD] (DVD)
Very disappointed with this film. It's listed as a 2011 release, and I bought it under the impression it was a new film, but from the start the period feel about the film seemed too convincing. I gradually realised this was a very old release, and one I'd seen years ago. The end credits proved it- it was made in 1991. Having said that, it was just about watchable, if you ignore the ladies hats!

Contraband [DVD]
Contraband [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kate Beckinsale
Offered by filmrollen

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced film, 26 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Contraband [DVD] (DVD)
An easy to watch film, with enough twists to keep one's attention. a good purchase and well worth the money.

The Impossible [DVD] [2013]
The Impossible [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Ewan McGregor
Offered by MusicnMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, 26 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Impossible [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I'd heard about this film, so thought I'd give it a try. Excellent effects, and a brilliant story, and true. What more do you want?

The Departed (2006) [DVD]
The Departed (2006) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Nicholson

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 26 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Departed (2006) [DVD] (DVD)
We'd previously watched this film on TV and had enjoyed it thoroughly, so when we saw it on Amazon for a few quid, we decided to add it to our library. Good value.

United States Military Aircraft Since 1909
United States Military Aircraft Since 1909
by Gordon Swanborough

3.0 out of 5 stars Condition, 26 Dec. 2013
A previous owner had obviously tried to keep the volume up-to-date, by adding little notes and inserting odd three-views (pasting them in mostly), which was a bit annoying as I felt it detracted from what would have been a decent used bargain.

Encyclopedia of Russian Aircraft (Osprey classic aircraft)
Encyclopedia of Russian Aircraft (Osprey classic aircraft)
by Bill Gunston

5.0 out of 5 stars Seller's Description, 26 Dec. 2013
From the write-up given with this book, I suspected I would be receiving a nicely presented good clean used edition. On the contrary, it exceeded all my expectations being, at least to my untutored eye, a virtually brand new book, albeit some eighteen years old! And to have an inscription from the (sadly deceased) author himself is really the icing on the cake. Prior to my purchase I had second thoughts because of the price, but this volume is easily worth every penny. If this is a typical sample of this seller, I shall be saving my pennies for my next treat!
Many, many thanks.