Profile for Bookworm > Reviews

Content by Bookworm

Bookworm "Bob" (North Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
A Teaspoon of Earth and Sea
A Teaspoon of Earth and Sea

3.0 out of 5 stars Too long, 5 Feb 2014
This book started well and held my interest and it contained a bit of a mystery. The setting and characters were well drawn and I enjoyed it at first. However, it went on for far too long and seemed to repeat a lot of the same things. The main character was always making up stories about what may have happened to her mother and twin sister, but in the end it was a bit wishy washy and I,m afraid I skipped a lot of it. Not really worth the effort.

A Girl Of Her Time
A Girl Of Her Time

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable., 5 Feb 2014
This book is easy to read, but not a lot really happens. Girl marries wrong bloke, and you wonder why considering all the warnings prior to the marriage, but although it is well written and set in the 1950's and 60's, it just isn't very interesting, and you can totally predict everything that will happen. Very light and not for me.

Every Vow You Break
Every Vow You Break

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 5 Feb 2014
I liked this, although not as much as Tarnished which I loved. It was rather slow to get going as not much seems to happen at first. The main character is rather dull and annoying and I didnt feel any empathy with her. Although I guessed who may be behind the unusual happenings, it was still a great climax to the book and I did want to keep reading on.

Rieker 65871-14 Regina 37 EU
Rieker 65871-14 Regina 37 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Rieker 65871-14 Regina (Shoes)
Good looking and comfortable sandal. Rather expensive hence 4 stars. Just the right size heal and the sandal is great in day or evening .

The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul
The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 17 Jan 2014
This book held my interest and was a good read. The main character is likeable and you do want to know what us going to happen to her.

Gifts: A Southern Story
Gifts: A Southern Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 17 Jan 2014
This is a delightful well written book which totally transports you. A talented writer that I would highly recommend. All her books have been lovely.

Kipling Women's ENORA Shoulder Bag  Beige (Beige Snake Pr) Size: 31x24x12 cm (B x H x T)
Kipling Women's ENORA Shoulder Bag Beige (Beige Snake Pr) Size: 31x24x12 cm (B x H x T)

4.0 out of 5 stars Usual Kipling quality, 17 Jan 2014
Another good bag from Kipling at a competitive price. The colour is cream and brown shades. Need to use the shoulder strap as handles too short to go over shoulder.

Tell A Thousand Lies: A Novel Set In India
Tell A Thousand Lies: A Novel Set In India

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 17 Jan 2014
The book improved as it went along and I did enjoy it but felt it was a bit slow in parts. Overall though an enjoyable read .

Tell Me No Secrets
Tell Me No Secrets

5.0 out of 5 stars Great debut novel, 17 Jan 2014
Excellent thriller and well written. Although I worked out who may be behind it I couldn't fathom it all out and it was a page turner until the end.

Elegant Sheer Longline Drape Cardigan Black/SM
Elegant Sheer Longline Drape Cardigan Black/SM
Offered by likemary

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely sheer top, 16 Dec 2013
This is a very lightweight sheer top which will cover a multitude of sleeveless dresses/tops etc whilst not covering over them too much.I am 5ft 1in and it comes to just above my knee and the sleeves are not too long on me. I( chose the s/m size ) It was just what I wanted and couldn't find in the shops.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17