Profile for RC > Reviews

Creation Station Dough Tools
Creation Station Dough Tools
Offered by AONESTATIONERY

5.0 out of 5 stars All good!, 7 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Creation Station Dough Tools (Toy)
Quick delivery and my daughter loves them

Dough Modelling Plastic Rolling Pin
Dough Modelling Plastic Rolling Pin
Offered by Creation Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 7 Jan. 2015
Delivered quickly and my daughter loves it.

Fitsteps [DVD]
Fitsteps [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and works you hard!, 7 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Fitsteps [DVD] (DVD)
Having just started Zumba at my local village hall, I was looking for an exercise dvd that will give me the same type of "dance exercise" when I can't make the Zumba class. I'm a huge Strictly fan and thought this could be the dvd for me. I've tried to twice and it really does work you hard, I absolutely love it. The Quick step routines are really challenging and I have enjoyed learning the basic steps to each dance.

I have even more respect for the professional dancers now as they have to be so fit to keep dancing like this. Ian and Natalie don't even break into a sweat!

Only criticism would be that when they change the camera angle, at times the editing can make you lose a beat or two but that could be me getting confused.

Good songs and a good workout. I'm going to look for my nearest Fit Steps class now...!

The Fortune Hunter
The Fortune Hunter

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as always, 7 Dec. 2014
Very enjoyable read that is in a similar vein to her previous book. The heroine is strong, capable and not easily rattled in a difficult time for an heiress. My romantic view is that her hero is flawed and perhaps not a real match for the lead character but weirdly that made me enjoy the book more. Fascinating insight into the era and I also liked the fact it was based around real life characters. More please!

Spare Brides
Spare Brides
by Adele Parks

4.0 out of 5 stars Change from modern fare and very good, 7 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Spare Brides (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A change from Adele Parks usual modern fare and thoroughly enjoyable. It had a similar feel to France's Osbourne's " Park Lane" I felt but that wasn't a bad thing. I was swept away by the story and learnt a lot about women in those times. A good read!

Wheels on the Bus Bedtime
Wheels on the Bus Bedtime
by Deryn Edwards
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 16 Oct. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter loves this(she's 2)and happily sings along. We always do singing before bath and bedtime and this helps to get her in the right frame of mind.

Slazenger Boyleg Swimsuit Ladies Black/Purple 14 (L)
Slazenger Boyleg Swimsuit Ladies Black/Purple 14 (L)
Offered by SwimShop

3.0 out of 5 stars Great swimsuit but mind the legs, 16 Oct. 2013
I bought this swimsuit after reading the reviews - it is fine and very functional. The only snag for me is that I'm 5ft 7 inches and the legs kept riding up which wasn't perfect. I bought it because I have a toddler and I needed a swimsuit that I can sling on and not think about - sadly the legs pulling up meant that I was sometimes more aware of it then I should be. Other than that (and I am being picky) it is great. Good service too - arrived very quickly and was well packaged.

The Proposal
The Proposal
by Tasmina Perry

4.0 out of 5 stars A very readable book, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Proposal (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a firm fan of Tasmina Perry but this book has a very different feel to it - it is less "wham bam" and more subtle, elegant and her characters more likeable. I thoroughly enjoyed it but felt that she had been constricted on word count as the story whipped across the pages without getting the usual details you expect. I didn't feel enough was made of either of the main characters and the settings - New York feels barely touched but it is very entertaining and had me in tears. The ending just suddenly arrives so I'd have loved for it to be a slightly fuller book with a less rushed ending.

The Hive
The Hive
by Gill Hornby

4.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable read, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Hive (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not yet at the "school run" stage with my daughter but I have enough friends to tell me that it can be just as cliquey and judging as Gill Hornby's book makes it out to be. This is a light, at times frothy read that doesn't disappoint. There are not any sudden surprises and the narrative is gentle and cleverly spun. I really enjoyed reading it and would recommend it to readers of Marian Keyes, Elizabeth Buchan and Jane Fallon. Just needs a bit more sting at times...

Gossip
Gossip

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Great cast of characters across the years in New York, 3 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Gossip (Kindle Edition)
This mostly reminded me of "The Group" a book that was recommended by Amazon to me - I loved that book about a group of 5 women growing up in New York. The Gossip focuses on 3 characters and their families over the years all narrated by the clothes shop owner, Lovalie. It starts slowly (I'm never interested in schooling adventures) but as the characters get older and they have families, the book suddenly comes alive. You find yourself realising that not everyone is as nice as you realise and not everyone is as Lovalie describes. She is a fair narrator and you become sympathetic to her causes.

I loved the descriptions of the different factions of New York society and the feeling that you were able to observe everyone. I loved this book - if you enjoy reading Candace Bushnell or Edith Wharton, then this is a good read for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9