ARRAY(0xac23f514)

Edition: Audio CD
Price: 5.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 16 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter loves this(she's 2)and happily sings along. We always do singing before bath and bedtime and this helps to get her in the right frame of mind.

Slazenger Boyleg Swimsuit Ladies Black/Purple 14 (L)
Slazenger Boyleg Swimsuit Ladies Black/Purple 14 (L)
Offered by Sports Direct
Price: 29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great swimsuit but mind the legs, 16 Oct 2013
I bought this swimsuit after reading the reviews - it is fine and very functional. The only snag for me is that I'm 5ft 7 inches and the legs kept riding up which wasn't perfect. I bought it because I have a toddler and I needed a swimsuit that I can sling on and not think about - sadly the legs pulling up meant that I was sometimes more aware of it then I should be. Other than that (and I am being picky) it is great. Good service too - arrived very quickly and was well packaged.

The Proposal
The Proposal
by Tasmina Perry
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A very readable book, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Proposal (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a firm fan of Tasmina Perry but this book has a very different feel to it - it is less "wham bam" and more subtle, elegant and her characters more likeable. I thoroughly enjoyed it but felt that she had been constricted on word count as the story whipped across the pages without getting the usual details you expect. I didn't feel enough was made of either of the main characters and the settings - New York feels barely touched but it is very entertaining and had me in tears. The ending just suddenly arrives so I'd have loved for it to be a slightly fuller book with a less rushed ending.

The Hive
The Hive
by Gill Hornby
Price: 10.34

4.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable read, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Hive (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not yet at the "school run" stage with my daughter but I have enough friends to tell me that it can be just as cliquey and judging as Gill Hornby's book makes it out to be. This is a light, at times frothy read that doesn't disappoint. There are not any sudden surprises and the narrative is gentle and cleverly spun. I really enjoyed reading it and would recommend it to readers of Marian Keyes, Elizabeth Buchan and Jane Fallon. Just needs a bit more sting at times...

Gossip
Gossip
Price: 7.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Great cast of characters across the years in New York, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Gossip (Kindle Edition)
This mostly reminded me of "The Group" a book that was recommended by Amazon to me - I loved that book about a group of 5 women growing up in New York. The Gossip focuses on 3 characters and their families over the years all narrated by the clothes shop owner, Lovalie. It starts slowly (I'm never interested in schooling adventures) but as the characters get older and they have families, the book suddenly comes alive. You find yourself realising that not everyone is as nice as you realise and not everyone is as Lovalie describes. She is a fair narrator and you become sympathetic to her causes.

I loved the descriptions of the different factions of New York society and the feeling that you were able to observe everyone. I loved this book - if you enjoy reading Candace Bushnell or Edith Wharton, then this is a good read for you.

CafeTutto (Nespresso compatible) Capsules Taster Box 25's
CafeTutto (Nespresso compatible) Capsules Taster Box 25's
Offered by Fresh Coffee Shop Ltd
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A weak imitation on Nespresso capsules, 3 Mar 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Cafe Tutto offer a wide range of coffee strengths and flavours - in the same way as Nespresso. They are compatible with Nespresso machines, although we discovered that they work best in the most recent Nespresso machines. My husband has an older machine at work (it was bought in 2009) and he found the capsules less compatible - they still worked but it was harder to push through and the coffee creme was not as good. In our machine at home, (2011 purchase), the decaffeinated capsule worked fine and produced a good cup of coffee. It smelt lovely and tasted good - I would say that the Nespresso decaff was superior though. A range of friends sampled the other strengths and all reported that the coffee was pleasant to taste but that they all preferred the Nespresso range. You can purchase another Nespresso compatible capsule range via the supermarkets, and I feel they are better than Cafe Tutto. However, if you want a good cup of coffee, Cafe Tutto will provide it but in my opinion, no one has come close to the quality in taste of the Nespresso capsules.

Queen's Gambit
Queen's Gambit
by Elizabeth Fremantle
Price: 11.29

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: Queen's Gambit (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a wonderful read. The book introduces you to the world of Katherine Parr - the sixth and last wife of Henry 8th. I'm a big fan of historical fiction but haven't read very much about Katherine Parr so this was a welcome addition to my reading list. Fremantle uses the viewpoints of Katherine and her maid servant, Dot so as a reader you not only see a situation from Katherine's view but also spirited Dot's. It makes all the characters seem more three dimensional as you see their complete selves.

As you would guess there is a lot of description and the Tudor court springs to life - you can almost smell it! There are a few moments that make you shudder (live maggots in Henry's leg?) and you feel the anxieties that appear whenever "the King" is near.

The books feels thoroughly researched and I've learnt a lot about that particularly moment in time too. If you love Philippa Gregory at her best, then you'll love this.

Davina - My Pre & Post Natal Workouts [DVD] [2007]
Davina - My Pre & Post Natal Workouts [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall
Price: 12.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for getting back into shape, 15 Feb 2013
This was my first Davina dvd. I had morning sickness throughout my pregnancy which was heightened by exercise so I didn't use the first dvd at all. However, after having my baby and suffering from a bad back, I was encouraged to try the post-baby dvd. I am so pleased that I did - its great. Really works on the core muscles which improved my back problems no end.

Yes, Davina can be a bit annoying at times but she shows you her "mummy tummy" and how she uses certain exercises when she is in the car etc... I found it very inspiring and useful. I loved her trainer, Jackie.

I'm still using the dvd alongside going for runs and I've just purchased another of Davina's dvd as I need to up my exercise just a little but I love all the toning and core stretches. I feel happier, more toned and have more energy. Just what I needed!

Detox Lifestyle Diet
Detox Lifestyle Diet
Price: 1.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Accessible advice, 15 Feb 2013
I was considering detoxing and picked this up after reading the reviews. I found it helpful and thorough. It made the whole process of detoxing less scary and something that can be achieved. I tried the detox and although initially found it hard, I loved the results it gave me and will keep repeating the detox every couple of months. Well worth a read.

1642 Ladies Leather Button Applique Travel Pass/Oyster Card Holder 5307B_17 Purple
Offered by Ashlie Craft
Price: 8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, 15 Feb 2013
I bought this for my friend and she loves it. Its really pretty and practical. Arrived the next day too!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9