Profile for J. WOODS > Reviews

Content by J. WOODS

J. WOODS "Jim" (near Parthenay, France)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the lot, 14 Mar. 2013
I have been wet shaving with a DE razor for a few years now, using in the beginning mostly Wilkinson Sword or Merkur blades, but I thought I would try and do an objective trial of all normally available blades, so bought a selection set from Amazon with Derby, Merkur and Feather.
Feather has turned out for me to be the most comfortable shave. I have a medium tough beard growth, and probably medium sensitive skin, but these blades, used correctly, give me the best shave by miles and long lasting blades too. I use a Merkur 34c which is quite a heavy little razor, but with the feather blades you don't need to apply any pressure, just a glide over a well lathered face and a repeat against the grain gives me a very satisfying smooth shave. I use an Osma Alum block after, which eases any small nicks you get, but these are now very infrequent (probably less than once every couple of weeks or so). Hence I have ordered the best deal on Feather blades and look forward to many happy shaving months.

They are very sharp however, so any shaving techniques involving pressure will give you more than you fair share of nicks!

SEBO X4EXTRA Automatic Upright Vacuum Cleaner - 1300 W
SEBO X4EXTRA Automatic Upright Vacuum Cleaner - 1300 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb performance, 14 Mar. 2013
After a few months use, I am very impressed with this purchase, and have no doubts we made the right choice, after deliberating for quite a while about choosing "the other brand". My wife likes this machine, nicer look than the ugly garish plastic models in the other range, but its performance is great. We have a dalmatian which molts needle sharp white hairs 365 days a year and they get into every nylon rug in our rented property, but the Sebo sucks them up with no problem at all. Far superior than the previous V** machine, and very easy to use with extension hose pieces. As per other comments, it is easy to tip this machine over when you are using the hose, but with a little care you get used to avoiding it.
Dust bags seem to last for ever. I have no idea how the dust and dog hair gets compressed into the bag, but tardis like, it seems to work.

Sebo 5094 Service Box For Automatic Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Sebo 5094 Service Box For Automatic Upright Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Expected to have to dip into this sooner.., 14 Mar. 2013
However after several months still on the original dust bag, so this turns out to be great value. Quality of components very good so I have no doubt that I will get great use out of both originals and the replacement filters etc. in this pack.

Raw Health Organic Cider Vinegar Unpasteurised with Mother, 500ml
Raw Health Organic Cider Vinegar Unpasteurised with Mother, 500ml
Offered by Superfooduk

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 14 Mar. 2013
I love this apple cider vinegar, with the mother, great value, and a really tangy fruity taste. I quite often drink a couple of tablespoons neat. I take it for general health benefits, and for its anti inflammatory properties against my hip osteoarthritis. Certainly believe it helps.

Gaggia 21001685 Coffee Oil Remover Cleaning Tablets (10 Pack)
Gaggia 21001685 Coffee Oil Remover Cleaning Tablets (10 Pack)
Offered by Coffea Online com

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure how effective these tablets are.., 14 Mar. 2013
Effervescent tablets, quite expensive, 10 in a pack, and I am using 2 per clean, instructions say 1 per cup of water, but 1 cup of water not enough to immerse basket and shower head. After cleaning, flow is certainly improved, but they do not lift all the stains even with vigorous brushing.

Crocs Unisex Adult's Crocband Flip Flops - Blue (Navy), 10 UK Men/11 UK Women (45-46 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars not a big fan of flip flops, but...., 14 Mar. 2013
....needed a pair as backup lightweight footwear on a cycling trip, very impressed with comfort, construction and fit.

my wife (who does do flip flops) is quite envious, so I won't be surprised if another pair of these crocs is seen around our house.

Very prompt delivery, as per Prime service.

Suunto PC POD
Suunto PC POD

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin!, 4 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Suunto PC POD (Sports)
Plugged into USB, followed t3c link instructions and it worked immediately without a hitch. I can now instantly download all the data from my bike training sessions including all HR zone, speed and lap information, straight into training manager lite. Previously I was having to enter manually into TM Lite and was unable to enter a lot of the more detailed info.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2010 11:40 AM GMT