Profile for thinknicethoughts > Reviews

Content by thinknicethoughts

thinknicethoughts (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Love Hurts (The Redcliffe Pack Book 1)
Love Hurts (The Redcliffe Pack Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Poldark With Fangs, 30 April 2015
I followed the heroine into my first unguided expedition into the world of werewolves, vampires and witches. What I didn't know was that these guys are so sexy and neither did she. The story is given an immediacy by being written in the first person of Jessica, a straight up kinda gal who just wants to run a book shop. She encounters adventures which leave her open to all manner of horrors and indeed erotic possibilities - the latter being of far more interest to me. There's never a dull moment in the supernatural blood and lust of the beautiful seaside resort of Redcliffe - deep in the brooding rock hard male passion of Poldark country. For me this was a holiday read that drew me along with the question of how this girl was gonna handle so much desire in her own being and so many possibilities in her new world. It was great to see her letting go with more than one partner. Others, male and female, ping on the radar for later consumption. This is a well paced read which created a lot of erotic tension that could (for me) have had more detailed sensual release. Onwards to the sequel..........

Picture Books: Snuffy and Vroom-Vroom - A Tale of Courage, Magic and Love for Children of All Ages: Picture books, Children's book, preschool, ages 4-8, bedtime stories (Picture Books Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Of course objects have souls!, 26 Feb. 2015
I read this to my grandkids. They naturally understood the concept of inanimate objects having relationships and feelings. It is oddly sad to think that two vacuum cleaners who'd grown up together are split apart by uncaring purchasers. It's a bit like that moment when you select a puppy from a litter, knowing that the chosen one will never see his family again. Children need that preparation for the natural sadness of life. In this case there is a happy ending. I found it quite touching even as an adult. Kids will relate to this story and who knows - one day they might hoover their rooms....

The Damned United [DVD] [2009]
The Damned United [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Michael Sheen
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't have to be a football fan to like this. It's about ambition, 16 Dec. 2014
You don't have to be a football fan to like this. It's about ambition, ego and the perversity of human life. Within a few seconds Micheal Sheen had become Brian Clough in my mind. Best sports film I've seen.

Le Creuset Classic Cast Iron Round Casserole, 24 cm - Volcanic
Le Creuset Classic Cast Iron Round Casserole, 24 cm - Volcanic

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Dec. 2014
Battleship build quality. Satisfyingly heavy.

Victorinox Explorer Swiss Army Knife (Red) 1670300 VICEXPL
Victorinox Explorer Swiss Army Knife (Red) 1670300 VICEXPL
Offered by Saving domestic

5.0 out of 5 stars It is sturdy, well made and of course carries the Swiss ..., 16 Dec. 2014
Most things have been said about this product already. It is sturdy, well made and of course carries the Swiss Army cachet. I bought it as a present and perhaps its true value will not be realised until a donkey is troubled with a stone in its hoof on a wet night in Santiago. Maybe a lonely night in a Manchester bed-sit will be saved by the cork screw. They are wonderful things which cut spear and poke an autobiography.

Moustache Earrings
Moustache Earrings
Offered by feichen

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky novelty but solid enough at the price. Bought ..., 16 Dec. 2014
Quirky novelty but solid enough at the price. Bought them as a light hearted reference to the Movember charity in which i was involved. Did the trick.

Digital Additions® iPhono Cable for Apple Media Players (Fits:iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch, iPod Classic, iPod Photo)
Offered by Digital Additions Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine and gives far better performance than using a headphone ..., 12 Dec. 2014
I've got a couple of these. I use this one to link up an old NAD amp to my ipod. Works just fine and gives far better performance than using a headphone jack to phono cable. I use the other one on a home cinema system which does not have a USB input.

Lemix (BX1) Travel Charger for specific SONY CYBER-SHOT DSC & HDR models + UK/EU/USA & car adaptor.
Offered by 4Value

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine on my Sny Cybershot RX 100, 12 Dec. 2014
Works just fine on my Sny Cybershot RX 100. This is the second one I've purchased because I left the original in a wall plug in France - what I now call the French Connection. That one also worked fine.

British Pathé News - A Year To Remember 1953 [DVD]
British Pathé News - A Year To Remember 1953 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars I's a slice of 1950's fruit cake served with an ..., 3 Dec. 2014
I's a slice of 1950's fruit cake served with an enamel mug of strong sugary tea. For others it will mean something else because at once it takes you back to those very days. Settle in to your seat at the pictures and eat the brisket dripping sandwich you brought from home.

Gateway to Forever: A Novel
Gateway to Forever: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Gateway to realization., 1 Dec. 2014
Sometimes you arrive at a book where you glance up from the page and look around to check out what your actual reality is. This is such a book. Yes - it is a story of greed, selfishness, love, sex, ambition, goodness et al. It is all the things that we are. What is different is that it is just a little closer to the horizon of future than us right now. But - not so far that we are disconnected. I felt that I was in the back carriage of a speeding train. If I chose I could just walk along the corridor and be there. Why bother, we're all going to the same place? The premise is of a world divided into a fabulously rich elite class of ever beautiful people and the rest - the merely mortal poor majority. Does this sound familiar guys? Yes - this is our train. We are on it. Our world is choking itself with its industrial pollution. Well - what else makes the wealth? The narrative follows a number of characters as the elite seek ways to use their wealth to cheat the reaper's scythe. This story makes a thumping good read as if it were a detective tale or a romance. Beyond this framework of human foible lurks the cold interrogator of reason. What is the morality of wealth? What is the nature of time, individualized consciousness and the universe? The clever thing in this book is that the author offers no didactic guide. She shrugs because this is how it is. You decide. In the story the elite are remarkably shallow. Those beneath them are of little account. In their blisstopian bubble their own desires and ambitions are paramount. They represent a class of man one can only think of as an hereditary meritocracy. Who needs Kant when you have golf?
This is a stimulating book that can be addressed on many levels. Once you have read it the digestion begins with the next News bulletin, celebrity sports interview, medical breakthrough, IMF pronouncement and on and on. This is a book from an old style intellectual writer, a painter and poet. She's on the same train and looking up the tracks where we're all headed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6