Profile for Aholmes > Reviews

Content by Aholmes

Aholmes

Finlux 32H6020-D 32 Inch LED Widescreen HD Ready TV with Freeview & USB PVR Recording Black (New For 2012/13)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 30 Jan. 2013
I have been wanting to buy a TV for a while as my last TV was on its last legs. I am so glad I did! The picture is so clear and HD also the added freeview is great! I also use mine to watch shows I have downloaded and can plug my external hard drive into the TV and watch on there. I can also plug my MP3 player in as long as I have a USB. I also play my xbox on my TV and its amazing playing in HD. You need to make sure you have a HDMI cable though.

Womens Black Casual Fairisle Print Ladies Romper Hooded Jumpsuit Onesies Size 8/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great I love it!, 30 Jan. 2013
So comfy and warm! I love it! great to wear on a lazy day in the house. Fits perfectly as well (that was my main concern) I recommend it! :)

Death in Paradise - Series 1 [DVD] [2011]
Death in Paradise - Series 1 [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Ben Miller
Offered by Not2day Media

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite, 8 Nov. 2012
Being a fan of crime dramas, this show manages to be a successful crime show but also be sweet and bring a warmth to it. set in a beautiful setting of the Caribbean (great to watch in the winter)

Ben miller plays DCI Poole which is a fantastic character of a DCI who is brilliant at his job but not with people and struggles to switch off from his work, yet working in the Caribbean contradicts this it is a place of relax. He is a uptight British man and plays it perfectly!

Excellent show if you enjoy crime drama I recommend this it is different from your normal dark and gritty drama.

Moone Boy(Series one) [DVD]
Moone Boy(Series one) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris O'Dowd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 8 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Moone Boy(Series one) [DVD] (DVD)
It a very funny yet sweet story of a boy growing up in Ireland. he has an imaginary friend played by Chris O'Dowd. it is beautifully scripted and the performances are very good with great comedy timing. Also has some great cameos in it from other well know comedy actors. I bought this as a was a fan of Chris O'Dowd and was not disappointed. I am expecting a series two!

Skyfall
Skyfall

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 8 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Skyfall (MP3 Download)
Fantastic song fitting to the latest James Bond film. Manages to blend the classic bond songs are bring it to modern day. amazing singer! a must for any Adele or Bond fan.

Ashes to Ashes Series 3 [DVD] [2010]
Ashes to Ashes Series 3 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Keeley Hawes
Offered by Helen's Goodies

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic conclusion!, 9 Feb. 2011
Although I had watched the series on television I needed to watch again to see what I had missed. A have been a fan of the series and of Life on Mars and it will be missed. However I could not have asked for a better ending. Features a short documentary about the making of the show and its conclusion. I really recommend buying it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars great poster!, 9 Feb. 2011
I love this poster, it is the best Monty Python poster around! It contains all the best quotes from the series and the films and is a talking point when people come round and gather round to read it and have a giggle. You must get it if your a Python fan!

Jean-Pierre Melville: An American in Paris
Jean-Pierre Melville: An American in Paris
by Ginette Vincendeau

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent insight, 9 Feb. 2011
This book helped me a lot with my university studies. It focuses mainly on the films Melville made between 1947 and 1972 and the re workings of the american gangster genre. It focuses on a film I was studying "Le Samouraï" It talks about Melville's love for American culture and the style he portrays in his films. It is easy to read as it is split into chapters, the final chapter being "Neither American nor french, but melvillian."

A lot of research has gone into the book and contains appendices which are useful. A great book if you are interested in french cinema and how it is Americanized.

Paris 36
Paris 36

4.0 out of 5 stars Great film, Great soundtrack, 9 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Paris 36 (Audio CD)
I really enjoyed the film and instantly knew I had to buy the soundtrack so that I could listen to it in its entirety. It is a soundtrack that touches your heart and even if you don't understand french, if you have seen the film you will understand where these songs come from.Nora Arnezeder has a stunning voice that brings across the emotion of the film, but then you also have a humorous side of the soundtrack with songs sung by Gerard Jugnot, my favorite being"Le Mome Jojo".

If you loved the film buy the soundtrack, if you have not seen the film watch it!

The Ricky Gervais Show - Series 1 [DVD] [2010]
The Ricky Gervais Show - Series 1 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Ricky Gervais
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars The podfather animated!, 9 Feb. 2011
I found this to be fantastic glimpses into the world of Karl Pilkington and the pointless conversations he has with Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant. Taking from the successful podcasts and giving them a makeover I think is genius. I would buy it just to hear from Karl Pilkingtons dairy, with added animation of these events he has witnessed in his life, which add to the humor.

Karl pilkington is a wonder to us all and its great to hear his views on certain topics, although Ricky and Steve poke fun at him as long as you don't take it to heart you will love this dvd. Anyone who is a fan of the podcasts should give the dvd ago, it is worth it even if you have heard the material before.