Profile for Lala B > Reviews

The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles
by Steven Pressfield
Price: 6.93

3.0 out of 5 stars A little overrated, 24 May 2013
This book was recommended to me, but it's a little repetitive after the first chapter!
Not a one for me personally

The Bay at Midnight
The Bay at Midnight
by Diane Chamberlain
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 16 July 2011
This review is from: The Bay at Midnight (Paperback)
Thoroughly enjoyed this. A fascinating story unfolded spilling the secrets of 2 generations of 2 families. A cracker of a book and real page turner. A light read but not so light that it's lacking in the way so many other books of this genre can. Must dash, am racing out to get my hands on some of those other titles!!

Stairways to Heaven
Stairways to Heaven
by Lorna Byrne

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, 5 Oct 2010
This review is from: Stairways to Heaven (Hardcover)
On the basis that Angels in my Hair was an enjoyable read, and Lorna Byrne a gifted woman - I bought this book - However, I wish I hadn't! It's a LOT of money for a book which has much of the same information as Angels in my Hair. (It costs anywhere between 18 and 13 euros in Ireland in bookshops)
Also there is some focus on negativity in the form of "satans helpers"....This might get some readers frightened - particularly younger readers.Its giving energy where it doesnt need to be. read Diana Coopers books and she says do not give ANY thought or focus to negativity or evil, focus on the positive and give your energy to the positive to keep the energy frequency high. For me personally, I regret buying it - if you want to read it take it out in the library.I recognise a lot of readers will not agree with me, but I am a fan of her work, but somehow this book is quite disappointing and costs way too much money. Diana Coopers Angel Answers would be more my cup of tea...............!
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2011 6:59 PM BST

My Whispering Angels: The Incredible True Story of a Life Transformed by Angels
My Whispering Angels: The Incredible True Story of a Life Transformed by Angels
by Francesca Brown
Price: 9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A biography, 20 Aug 2010
This one didnt hold my interest that much, having read Lorna Byrne's Angels in my Hair or Diana Cooper's Angel Answers,and A New Light on Ascension - which have more information on all things angelic. this is more a memoir, and a little repetitious in places. Personally not my cup of tea, however I am sure it would be enjoybale for lots of people.

My Fairy Princess Palace
My Fairy Princess Palace
by Louise Comfort

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous for little princesses, 19 Aug 2010
Bought this for a friends daughter, but my 2 yr old gasped so loud, said WOW and would not be parted with the book, more so when we actually opened the book....its clever, thoughtful and perfect for girls. the pop-outs are beautifully illustrated. Definitely a keeper.

MoshiMoshiKawaii Where Is Strawberry Moshi?
MoshiMoshiKawaii Where Is Strawberry Moshi?
by Moshi Moshi
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, colourful and a visual delight, 19 Aug 2010
This book is seriously cute and fascinating with the numerous types of moshis...not only does it fascinate my two yr old... but I am quite taken by it too!

Waybuloo - Piplings Love to Play [DVD]
Waybuloo - Piplings Love to Play [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dirk Campbell
Offered by westcott_mailorder
Price: 12.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 5 Aug 2010
This Waybuloo cartoon is a joy, gentle music, cute little bugs doing various yoga poses- my smallie is gaga for it! I didnt realise they did various yoga poses until i watched this. but the music, overall soothing effect is a winner. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to get something new and educational (as well as not too noisy) for their children.

Summer Sisters
Summer Sisters
by Judy Blume
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Judy Blume at her Best!, 10 May 2010
This review is from: Summer Sisters (Paperback)
The perfect ingredients for a wonderful read, the characters pull you in ....if you enjoyed Judy Blume as a teenager then you'll love this too!

Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China
Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China
by Jung Chang

5.0 out of 5 stars Staggering, 20 Jun 2009
Quite simply, a staggering biography of three generations of Chang's family in communist China. the detail is painstaking, the horror of what happened is palpable.It's not an easy read, however, it should be required reading. If there is one book you read this year, make it this. Highly recommended

Here On Earth
Here On Earth
by Alice Hoffman
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Savage contemporary Wuthering Heights, 19 Jun 2009
This review is from: Here On Earth (Paperback)
a dark brutal contemporary version of Wuthering Heights, it draws you in deep, without you even realising it. It's amazing how Alice Hoffman can evoke such strong emotions, pulling you into the story. I couldn't put this down.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5