Profile for Stella Weigel > Reviews

Free Yourself from Back Pain: A guide to the Alexander Technique
Free Yourself from Back Pain: A guide to the Alexander Technique
by Noel Kingsley

5.0 out of 5 stars Demystifying the Alexander Technique, 12 Feb 2011
Upon first opening Noel Kingsley's "Free Yourself from Back Pain" I was immediately struck by the fact that this is an "aide memoire" for everyone with a curiosity or interest in the Alexander Technique, from complete newcomers, pupils, those who have had lessons previously, those considering teacher training and current trainee teachers, and indeed teachers. It demystifies the Alexander Technique, bringing its principles into our consciousness and stressing that it provides a "means whereby" we can all achieve that which is indeed "Man's supreme inheritance". The clear photography accompanying the text is excellent.

If I were reading this book for the first time, it would definitely encourage me to take lessons. I have had many lessons with Noel Kingsley and his knowledge and experience of and enthuasiasm for the Alexander Technique are all conveyed in this excellent book.

My discovery of Noel Kingsley's first book "Perfect Poise Pefect Life" led me to have many lessons with him as a pupil and its subtitle, "changing lives", describes how the Alexander Technique continues to help me. This, his second book, will accompany me during the remainder of my teacher training and beyond.