Profile for G. E. Vesey > Reviews

Together
Together
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars obvious, 27 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Together (Audio CD)
this is such a transparent and cynical plan for a record label to make money that it doesn't even merit a proper review.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2008 6:53 PM GMT

Treasure
Treasure

4.0 out of 5 stars Hailstones, 7 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Treasure (Audio CD)
well I think Hayley has done a pretty good job on this album. I only just got it with the angels album. she has a really pleasant voice and although I think it's time she moved from girl to woman musically, this is a lovely album.

Into Paradise
Into Paradise

5.0 out of 5 stars just got it. amazing, 7 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Into Paradise (Audio CD)
soaring, searing, the voices of angels. I just got this one. I know it's been out a while. But i love it. Incredible vocal clarity and clever arrangements. I'm really looking forward to listening to this over the next few weeks whilst my kids are away at school. Perfect!

A New World
A New World
Offered by b68solutions

2.0 out of 5 stars poor, 7 Oct. 2008
This review is from: A New World (Audio CD)
After all the hype, I thought this guy would be a great singer. Alas, he has a very thin timbre and sounds incredibly nasal. I'm a big crossover fan and am very open minded about what I listen to but the disappointing this about this artist is the way he has been sold as a great singer, and he really sounds like he still sings on cruise ships. Not good. There are some good tunes on the album, and the arrangements are generally strong but he hasn't got the power to do them justice. He has a good vocal range on him, but unfortunately just doesn't have the rich tones he needs to pull this off.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2010 6:02 PM GMT

One Voice
One Voice
Offered by Leisurezone

1.0 out of 5 stars really poor, 29 Sept. 2008
This review is from: One Voice (Audio CD)
Oh gosh, this album is dire. I just got mine through the post with a few others and this is by far the worst. Unfortunately, the tv show had totally over hyped this lad. At the end of the day, like Paul Potts, the poor chap isn't a great singer, and so I'm sure he has done his best, and well done to him, but it's dreadful to listen to. Give me Aled any day. I recommend you don't waste your money.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2009 11:10 AM BST

And So It Goes
And So It Goes

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown Away, 29 Sept. 2008
This review is from: And So It Goes (Audio CD)
I've just got my copy of And so it Goes through the post and I am totally blown away. Tha album starts with this incredible 'wall of sound' and then into a beautiful filmic string section, that in turns bleeds into the title track, 'And so it Goes'.It sounds breathtaking. It's an absolutely beautiful album. I wasn't sure what to expect after their massive success with the first one, but Blake have totaly exceeded my expectations. They've really matured as a group-true professionals. I'm so pleased they have managed to create an album like this. They have really taking the melding of pop and classical to another level here, and the sound is totally unique and original. I couldn't recommend this too highly. Well done Blake.

Teatro
Teatro
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear, 11 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Teatro (Audio CD)
Oh Dear. This group was one of the most over hyped, poorly executed and cynical in memory. It's quite easy to see why Sony have dropped them. Not only do they come across as smug and arrogant but the vocals are weak and the arrangements totally unorginal and without class. I'd love to say something nice but all I can say is Oh Dear.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2009 9:30 PM BST

Blake
Blake

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 13 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Blake (Audio CD)
This is exactly what the classcal crossover market needs, talented professionally trained singers. These guys can sing and they look like a group of friends who enjoy what they do. The album is in places spine tingling and has fresh arrangements of well known pieces. The production is top notch, I'd recommend this, a good christmas present.