Profile for JR-RVSBN > Reviews

Bosmere G520 Popular Tip Bag
Bosmere G520 Popular Tip Bag
Price: 14.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong bag, good size, 22 Jan 2014
We have bought two of these bags to use mainly for cleaning up the leaves (and we have lots and lots of them) in our garden. After a couple of months of heavy and regular use both bags are still ok. The only negative point is that now they don't stay open as wide as they used to in the beginning. One bag is better than another one, but even then they are both much better than any other bags we ever had. As for the size of the bag (122 ltr), it's ok and I would never take bigger as it's extremely heavy if filled with anything other than dry leaves (wet leaves is already hard to lift). Smaller would be too small as you would have to empty it too often. This bag can be used by one person, without needing help to tip it over. Quality wise, it's a very sturdy bag, well made, and I always wonder how the handles or the bottom don't break when I lift it up, but they don't. So really well made. Just ordered more.

ESPRIT 083EE8B002 Slim and Skinny Boy's Trousers Indian Blue 4 Years
ESPRIT 083EE8B002 Slim and Skinny Boy's Trousers Indian Blue 4 Years

5.0 out of 5 stars Longer than regular Esprit pants of the same size, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: ESPRIT Boys Trouser (Apparel)
Esprit trousers are, as always, very good price/quality wise. These are approx. two inches longer than other pants of the same brand and the same size, so you can -theoretically- use them much longer, as you can fold the bottom part up (orange 'ribbon' on the inside at the bottom of the trouser legs) and adjust as your child grows. I say 'theoretically', because my boys hardly ever wear pants that long without tearing the knees... And these ones will certainly not survive that long, as the material is thinner than that of the jeans. But we are used to that by now.
Waist is adjustable. The blue color is nice and bright, just like the picture.

Trunki BoostApak Travel Backpack Booster Seat (Green)
Trunki BoostApak Travel Backpack Booster Seat (Green)
Price: 34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Need a car seat for your trip abroad? Don't look any further, 22 Jan 2014
We have bought Trunki BoostApak for our 5year old son to take on a round trip of 5 weeks. It has exceeded all our expectations. It's easy to use, easy to clean with just a wet cloth. On top of that, our son sits high and he loves the 'backpack' part of it as he can take some toys/books with him. The only negative point is that it's a bit big for a 5 year old to carry, but he insisted on doing so and could manage it just fine.
As for the quality, we have used it every day for 5 weeks, installing in many different cars, taking it on the plane, etc. and it looks just like new. The big advantage for us was being able to fit Trunki in between two regular children's car seats, so all 3 kids could sit at a back of the car. Also, it saved us lots of money, as we didn't have to rent a third car seat. So the first thing we did when we came back from our trip, is order two more Trunki's for our younger kids, who are now 3.5, so that we can use them on our next fly&drive trip without having to pay a fortune for the car seat rental.
As for the age, I think a 3-3.5 year old could use Trunki safely as well, it's just that in the country we went to the law required that kids under 4 be seated in the car seat and not a booster, otherwise we would have taken three of them from the start.
In the meantime we have used Trunki's at home as well, ideal if you take kids' playmates for a short ride or let your kid ride in someone else's car and they don't have an extra car seat.
Would certainly recommend this car seat/backpack, and especially if you need one on vacation. I wouldn't use it daily at home, just because I prefer car seats with Isofix, as they stay fixed when nobody is sitting on them.
I read that some people had issues with the straps or the zippers of the backpack; we didn't experience any problems at all. But then again, those reviews are mostly from 3-4 years ago, so it looks like those issues have been solved in the meantime.

Protest Boy's PERFECT 12 JR 1/4 zip top  - True Black, age 8
Protest Boy's PERFECT 12 JR 1/4 zip top - True Black, age 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price/quality, falls small, 22 Jan 2014
The fleece is very nice and soft, it's light and thin, yet warm, perfect for winter sports. It's on the small side though, I ordered size 8 for my 5 year old and it fits him well and will probably still fit next year.

Tommy Hilfiger Boys Skinny / Slim Fit Jeans Red - Rot (641 RUMBA RED) 3 Years
Tommy Hilfiger Boys Skinny / Slim Fit Jeans Red - Rot (641 RUMBA RED) 3 Years

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but.., 22 Jan 2014
First the jeans itself: they are really skinny, tight, but easy enough to put on. Elastic band inside to adjust the width helps, because the waist is on a wide side. The material itself is much thinner than regular jeans, but nice quality. Color is darker than on the picture. Size is ok, 3yrs fits a 3 year old.
Second, more on the sizing: I have ordered three pairs of these jeans and all of them were delivered one size smaller (3yrs instead of 4 which I ordered, etc). Customer service is very helpful and friendly, but they don't really know why this happened, so keep this in mind when ordering. I'd order one size larger just to be sure they send you the size you actually wanted. Unless they would have solved the issue in the meantime.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty tiny earrings, ok customer service, wrong info, 6 Feb 2013
I chose these earrings based on the description and images provided. Description says that the diameter is 6.5mm, in reality it's 4mm (4.5mm max). They are TINY and the picture of the ear with the earrings in it is a complete joke. For me, when buying on the Internet, description (and images) is everything. Especially with items like jewelry. This is seriously misleading and, as it's the same (5mm to 6.5mm depending on the earrings) info for most of the earrings of this seller (no matter the ct. weight), I can not believe it being a mistake. The earrings look pretty, just not what it says it is, and that is unacceptable. I sent them back and have to admit that their customer service is friendly and helpful. But they don't seem to care about correcting the info, so something tells me it's not a mistake. Disappointing for such a big seller.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for travelling: sturdy, folds small, but..., 4 Dec 2012
...but my 2-yr old twins are constantly 'stopping' the stroller by streching their legs and reaching the ground or the wheels. It has become some kind of a game for them and very annoying for us. We never had this problem with our regular pushchair (TFK) as the kids sit much higher. They have also ruined their shoes by doing this, so we only use it when we cannot take our bigger pushchair. Another thing which is annoying if you are used to the big wheels of pushchairs, is that these wheels will just 'block' on a less even surface, so it's much more difficult to maneuver. All in all, it's a good sturdy stroller when size is very important (travelling, space in the car...), but I wouldn't want to go for a long walk with it.

Sinner Kids Pico Glove Mitt
Sinner Kids Pico Glove Mitt
Price: 10.20 - 12.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Kid's gloves size M, 4 Dec 2012
Just received the gloves today, so I cannot comment on the quality. First impression is good, they open wide, so that it's easier to put them on than most of the other children's gloves. I ordered size M for my 4-year old, but it falls rather small. Fits well for his 2-year old brother though. So, Medium is for 2-3 (max 4) year old.