Profile for LD > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Do It Again
Do It Again

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Dec 2014
This review is from: Do It Again (Audio CD)
Only 5 tracks but worth every penny. Gorgeous

Griff the Invisible [DVD]
Griff the Invisible [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ryan Kwanten

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Griff the Invisible [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD 'blind'.
I had thoroughly enjoyed an Australian tv programme called 'A Moody Christmas', which was aired in the UK at the end of 2013.. Such a funny programme! I particularly enjoyed the performance of Patrick Brammall, who played the part of Sean Moody.

So I looked him up on IMDB to find out if he had any other programmes/films available in the UK.
Griff The Invisible was the only one.. So I ordered it. I didn't watch a trailer, read synopsis etc.. I ordered & watched.

This film is absolutely gorgeous! I've watched it 3 times. It's so original, so enchanting. I love it!

Morphy Richards 48715 Oval Slow Cooker 6.5 Litres - Stainless Steel
Morphy Richards 48715 Oval Slow Cooker 6.5 Litres - Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars First slow cooker, 5 Mar 2014
My first slow cooker experience.. No regrets what so ever.. So easy to use and to clean.. Better still, everything I have cooked in it so far has been far tastier than ever before

Devotion
Devotion

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Devotion (Audio CD)
Great Album. Very diverse. Love every song. Brilliant production.

Apparently I have to write 11 more letters.. That is unfair

Twilight: The Graphic Novel,  Volume 1 (Twilight the Graphic Novel 1)
Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1 (Twilight the Graphic Novel 1)
by Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 27 Mar 2010
I only discovered Twilight this year... yes apparently I've been living under a rock for some time :0)

I read the books... which I loved
Then I saw the movies... which no surprise, I loved less!
.. Twilight (Movie) in particular missed out too much of what I felt made to book magical... not to mention that scenes were added that were not in the book.

Then I bought this Graphic Novel... Love it.
It is Young Kim's adaptation of the first part of the original Twilight book...

After finishing it, all I could think was
I wish... wish... wish!!!.. That Young Kim had been responsible for writing the adaptation for the movies!!

Visually it didn't let me down... The story was concise without leaving out or changing the important bits - which the movie did way too much of in my opinion.
The artwork is beautiful and her vision of the characters did justice to what I had been imagining whilst reading the books.

I am very pleased with my purchase... I can't wait for the next one

Well done Young Kim!! I would LOVE to see this as an animated movie!

Here, My Dear
Here, My Dear
Offered by MEGA Media FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars masterpiece, 24 Mar 2010
This review is from: Here, My Dear (Audio CD)
This is easily my favourite Marvin Gaye album.... and one of my all time favourite albums.

Twilight (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Twilight (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kristen Stewart
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm...., 24 Feb 2010
I knew I didn't want to watch this film!!
Reason being that I had my own Edward etc in my mind... somehow I had managed to by pass the hype and had no idea what the cast looked like. Anyway, my Edward was HOT (lol) and I was reluctant to have his image changed to one of a film star.
But a friend lent it to me... I was weak!!!

I didn't hate it. I didn't love it.
It wasn't Twilight.

Physically, the Cullens were way too 'normal' looking... with the exception of Carlisle. Their skin was too 'human', they walked like all the other kids - slouching, arms draping over shoulders.... except Jasper - his walk was just disturbing! He looked like he might need Alice to change his nappy!

That is in no way a criticism of the cast, but of the big wigs running the show.

Edward seemed way too human... where was his velvet voice?! He just sounded like a moody teen.... all be it a cute moody teen. He needed to be darker... sexier... he needed to be Edward Cullen! Stupid big wigs!!!

Any way I expected these things really - imagination will always win.
What I didn't expect was a made up version of Twilight.

I don't understand the reason for adding scenes that are not in the book such as the vampire attacks, climbing bloody trees and school trips. I feel that they served no real purpose other than confused the story line... because to add these scenes, major aspects of the book were, well, gone!!?? Everything that would have explained and built upon the relationship between Edward and Bella, that would have made the film make sense, was left out!

When he gestures her over to his table in the canteen...

Edward skipping science when they were going to be blood typing - rescuing her from Mike and carrying her to the medical room when she faints from the smell of blood...

Jacob should have told her the story as told in the book...

They shouldn't have messed with the meadow!... The relationship, trust and understanding between Edward and Bella which which lead to this scene in the book - imo - was far more important than seeing them up a bloody tree!!!... I mean who would go off into the woods (with a man who doesn't seem to like you very much) to tell him that you 'know' he is a vampire?!?!!... Um - Not Bella! Oh and I can't imagine Bella being too thrilled to be up that tree either!

I could go on and on but I won't.

Oh sorry - yes I will!!!

The baseball scene was fine - but what was the defending Bella scene all about!!! They were just looking at each other and wheezing!! Why wasn't Edward growling? Why didn't they make clear that he is a vampire... a dangerous vampire who was guarding his woman from another dangerous vampire?!!! Would have maybe explained why they were running???

They are trying to make Edward too human... but for who?!!! Grr the big wigs!!!!

Ironic really.
Edward doesn't want to be responsible for removing Bella's Soul...
Twilight's soul is what seems to be missing from this film.
Ok I'm going to stop now.

I have not seen New Moon yet and am hoping that it is better.

The Triple Point of Water
The Triple Point of Water
by Fiona Dunscombe

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 Mar 2009
This book is a beautiful read.
The other reviews have said it all really :)

I enjoyed everything about it - I wish that it didn't have to end!

Looking forward to Fiona Dunscombe's next offering.

Boy In Da Corner
Boy In Da Corner
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have CD., 14 July 2008
This review is from: Boy In Da Corner (Audio CD)
What can I say? It's a brilliant album in every way. Sounds just as good today as it did when it was first released.
Love it!

Underdog [DVD]
Underdog [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jim Belushi

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Film!...., 22 Jun 2008
This review is from: Underdog [DVD] (DVD)
Watched this with my husband and two sons - ages 4 & 8.

It got pretty much straight into the 'action', so my youngest (4) didn't have time to bored like he usually does.... which makes a change!

Great film, enjoyed by all.

Page: 1 | 2