Profile for Dipsy > Reviews

Content by Dipsy

Dipsy (Suffolk)

Leopard 1 (Materiels Militaires Du Monde)
Leopard 1 (Materiels Militaires Du Monde)
by Yves Debay

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 7 April 2013
Along with Michael Shackleton's Leopard triology of books, this French publication is another valuable reference book for modellers of the Leopard 1 series. Although in French, it contains many interesting images of different nations' tanks on exercise. Different nations' vehicles are discussed individually, so all in all I would recommend this book to anyone with a penchant for the Leopard 1 series.

The 1970s: The Decade Style Forgot
The 1970s: The Decade Style Forgot
by Tracey Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars So funny, 27 Aug 2010
This book is so funny, I couldn't stop laughing after flicking through it. I bought it as a gift for a friend's 40th birthday. It brought back so many memories of fashions and items (my mum had a hooded / handbag style hairdryer just like the one in the picture!)that I've bought another copy for myself. Recommended to cheer you up on a gloomy grey day, especially if you were growing up in the 70s.

One Touch Power Grater (discontinued by manufacturer)
One Touch Power Grater (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless for disabled, 16 Jan 2010
I have been looking for an easy way to grate cheese for many years, as I have arthritis in my hands. Loved the other culinaire products for opening tins and jars and thought this would be ideal. I was very wrong. It is so difficult to work even my able bodied parents could not use it without a struggle. Until something useful and easy to operate appears on the market I'll just have to continue buying bags of pre grated cheese, or ask someone else to do it for me next time they drop in!

Bush DFTA1001 Idaptor DVB-T Scart Freeview Receiver
Bush DFTA1001 Idaptor DVB-T Scart Freeview Receiver

2.0 out of 5 stars promising product but disappoints, 25 Oct 2006
This product is easy to install, just fit into the scart socket, connect the aerial and away you go, perfect. However, i found that after being plugged in for more than 12 hours the product became quite hot and the picture began to freeze. I've since given up trying to use it and have resorted to a proper set top box instead which is more reliable. It's ok as a tester to see if you can receive freeview in your area but not as a long term option.