Profile for Sharky > Reviews

Content by Sharky

Sharky

Fly London Watt, Men's Desert Boots, Black Washed, 9 UK
Fly London Watt, Men's Desert Boots, Black Washed, 9 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic boots, great vendor, speedy delivery., 20 Feb. 2015
If you're considering purchasing these boots - do it now!! They really are excellent; cool style with a real vintage look (I bought them for a 1920s outfit), really comfortable fit and very well made.
I have been looking for a vintage looking boot for months now and nothing seemed quite right - until I spotted these beauties. What more can I say, other than I'm overjoyed with these boots?!
They arrived in the UK from Germany within four days (on a standard delivery service), so the service is swift and they were offered at the best price I found anywhere on the net (and believe me - I look everywhere!)

To Mega Therion
To Mega Therion

5.0 out of 5 stars Oooooooh!!!!, 19 Jan. 2013
This review is from: To Mega Therion (Audio CD)
Celtic Frost are the Marmite of the music industry.. you either love them, or you despise them!! I happen to love them and this album is one of the reasons why. Heavy, doomy, at times a bit thrashy and some great additional orchestral and operatic vocal touches - way ahead of it's time in 1985. R.I.P Celtic Frost.

Level 42
Level 42

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential purchase., 19 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Level 42 (Audio CD)
I love Level 42 & I can take or leave one or two of the cheesier hits, however this album is what it's all about.... their funkier side. Get it - you'll not regret it!!!

One Step Beyond
One Step Beyond

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back, 19 Jan. 2013
This review is from: One Step Beyond (Audio CD)
.. and it'll take you back to your younger days and have you singing and moonstomping like a good 'un!!!

Live at the Apollo, London
Live at the Apollo, London

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad editing, 19 Jan. 2013
Great choice of tracks and a great band. I love Level 42 and still catch them on tour every year. This album though is not one of their best, but is still worth it - if you can get it for a couple of quid.

Strange Times
Strange Times
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 19 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Strange Times (Audio CD)
Much overlooked band, but if you like The Smiths, Joy Division, Echo & The Bunnymen, Lloyd Cole etcetera, then you'll love this band. One of the pioneers of 'that' sound of the early '80's. Check out their other albums too - particularly 'What Does Anything Mean, Basically' - even better!!

Now That's What I Call Reggae
Now That's What I Call Reggae

1.0 out of 5 stars Tripe!!, 3 Nov. 2012
What a bag of cack - I haven't bought this item, I'm just looking through the track listing. I really can't stand this mixture of weak, poppy, tenuous 'reggae' & whoever compiled this lot wants hanging!!
If you want to hear decent reggae music, I suggest checking out the likes of Big Youth, Prince Far I, Burning Spear, Abyssinians, Dr Alimantado (Best Dressed Chicken), Poet & The Roots, Tapper Zukie, I Roy, Midnite, Mighty Diamonds.... I could go on.
The point is, if you really like reggae music, you probably aren't going to rate this offering very highly. Then again, if you like 'pop' reggae - fill your boots.